6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rpowell76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I'm new to the pinball community, and have never owned a pin before. I've just bought my first "fixer upper" pin, and was wondering if there are any books, manuals, or videos that are a good starting point to learn how to repair/restore one's own machine. Thanks for any advice.

#5 6 years ago

The title is Cybernaut. It's a solid state, digital display Bally machine from 1985. The cabinet is a little beat up with minor flaws. Mainly, some peeling of decal on back of display cabinet, and some chipping on the top of display cabinet. Back glass is intact with some bubbling in the artwork. There appears to be very little rust on the machine. Mainly, on the legs and coin area. It is missing the lock to the coin area. Playfield is in excellent condition. Very little wear on it. It is dull and dusty. Some of the plastics have a small amount of mildew on them. Electrical components look to be in good shape. Boards are intact with no corrosion on them. I bought it "as is" and haven't had time to check out how it operates yet. I do know that it powers on, and that's about it. The manual was included and is still intact. That's all that I know at this point. Thanks for the help...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rpowell76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restoration-101?tu=rpowell76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.