New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 200880)

Restoration 101...

By rpowell76

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quinntopia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago

That’s a cool looking game! And also a pretty rare one as well! Only 900 made! Wow! Congrats!

I started with my first pin a mere six months ago and slowly started to learn a little bit by bit.

If you haven’t already checked out the forum topics specific to your Cybernaut, browse the various troubleshooting topics - it seems like you’ll probably want to start on the electronics first!

I don’t know much about Bally’s from this period, but you’lol want to know what system or generation your game is from.

Once you know this, getting more relevant and specific forum topics gets easier.

I also highly recommend doing some searches on YouTube both specifically for your machine as well as for other Bally machines that in the same generation. I found a lot of really great help on YouTube understanding how mine worked and what all those parts are and what they do before I discovered Pinside.

Good luck!

Another

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

You can maybe google some topic such as
"bally early solid state repair guide"
And check out the first handfull of hits. Usually quite a few with various priceless info.
An additional good thing to add, in general, is if you wind up with specific questions later on, be open about your ecperience level. Sometimes people will give you all kinds of helpfull advice on things to check, but if you don't know how to properly use meter etc to check that, just say so; people all start somewhere and lots of users on here will help. It certainly works the other way too, someone may be a super experienced technician with many years experience, so they don't want to waste a user's time with getting explained in detail how to do what would be a basic task to them. Hope that makes sense.
Better to say "hey guys, I do not have soldering or tech skills, yet. Can you help me with this" than to say something like "ohh no problem, I'll go ahead and do that then" and wind up destroying a board or worse because you didn't know what you were doing.
Many people of all skill levels are in this community to help each other out. I don't think I've ever seen someone put down for being up front and asking questions if they do not know how to do something....on the flip side, people that act like they know what they are talking about, won't admit they don't, or just plain don't want to listen...well, they won't get as far.
So, enjoy away. Cool looking game, never got to play a Cybernaught. Take your time, do it right the first time, ask questions, and number one....have fun!
Sorry for the long message. Lol

That’s great advice. Frankly, without he internet, I would be toast in this hobby. So much great info and so many people willing to help. Also Pinside is a really great forum. I’ve felt really welcome here even though I’m a total newb!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 10.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 19.50
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 79.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
Cabinet - Other
PinCoasters
$ 12.00
Tools
Troxel Repair
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 224.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quinntopia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside