20190102_pb-cut-spring (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20181214_pb-planet-lock (resized).jpg
20181214_pb-planet-lock2 (resized).jpg
20190102_pb-baffles2 (resized).jpg
20190102_pb-baffles (resized).jpg
20190102_pb-all-lamps (resized).jpg
20181214_pb-eyes-touched-up-w-mylar-finished! (resized).jpg

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

What is moonwalking?!

#52 5 years ago

When a ball can travel up and out the inlanes (but with enough spin) to then immediately drain into the outlane.

If the posts/rubbers/switches are not adjusted properly on every machine, then this exciting (yet frustratingly comical) action cannot occur.

-mof

#53 5 years ago

I changed some rubbers and cleaned up some start posts. I'll never know how people get the wax that FAR up the start posts...
-mof

20181214_pb-planet-lock (resized).jpg20181214_pb-planet-lock (resized).jpg20181214_pb-planet-lock2 (resized).jpg20181214_pb-planet-lock2 (resized).jpg

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Quick check on high priority items that are bugging me. It's coming along!
FIXING SOON (5)
* plunger barely makes the 20,000 up top on the vortex

I think I see the problem in one of your initial photos, you have a standard spring on the shooter rod. Pinbot takes the stronger blue spring #10-148-3.

#55 5 years ago

You have lost a screw behind the flash bulb.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#56 5 years ago

ha !!!
I think I snagged it, I'll have to check again to be sure!
-mof

#57 5 years ago

Weird, I thought I read it was supposed to be a red, so I went with red! Had to cut it back a ways, but it's perfect now.

-mof

I had to cut the red spring back to get the proper tension.

20190102_pb-cut-spring (resized).jpg20190102_pb-cut-spring (resized).jpg

The result? Nailed it!

#58 5 years ago

This came with a broken bracket -- got a new one from Pinball Life -- it is not the same style as on the 1986 games, but it works.
-mof

20181214_pb-bracket-replacement (resized).jpg20181214_pb-bracket-replacement (resized).jpg20181214_pb-removed-bracket (resized).jpg20181214_pb-removed-bracket (resized).jpg

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

This came with a broken bracket -- got a new one from Pinball Life -- it is not the same style as on the 1986 games, but it works.
-mof
[quoted image][quoted image]

You know what's funny about those original System 11 / WPC-era rear glass plastic channels: they're made with holes for the screws, yet every single game that I've taken off the channel to clean it up, every screw missed its hole, every time.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

missed its hole

I think we've all done that from time to time.
,p

#61 5 years ago

First ever time I removed the translite all the way, and cleaned the glass on *both* sides. Haha. It really helps and makes the colors pop.

And you know what?

"The more you restore, the higher the score..."

-mof

20190102_pb-cleaned-bg (resized).jpg20190102_pb-cleaned-bg (resized).jpg

6.5 million (resized).png6.5 million (resized).png

#62 5 years ago

ISSUES (13)

FIXED (12)
* you cannot complete the 5x5 square of inserts to lower the target bank
* there's some ball hop
* I don't like the ball action out of the left ramp, it hits a rubber and bounces laterally
* you cannot moonwalk the inlanes
* I don't like the red plastics for the mini playfield -- saw a friend go clear -- will re-use his treatment
* five colored stripes that lead to the eyes need touch up at the gap
* I want to try out the light baffles that fans have made for the backbox and tighten that up
* plunger barely makes the 20,000 up top on the vortex
* broken playfield glass channel
* pops need adjusting (bulb out)
* dirty rubbers -- slow action (of course)
* a few loose posts

FIXING SOON (1)
* PF scrapes inside of cabinet (it's a hinged PF)

#63 5 years ago

before:
This post was not happy

20181229-pb-sad-post (resized).png20181229-pb-sad-post (resized).png

happy post!

20190108_pb-happy-post (resized).jpg20190108_pb-happy-post (resized).jpg

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

before:
This post was not happy
[quoted image]
happy post!
[quoted image]

For the love of God, please make yourself a protector for "big blue" before you smack a ball into it and break off that fragile end near the target bank!

#65 5 years ago

Time to pick something new to work on. Reviewing the master list, I'd say these sound the most interesting:

CABINET
* Apron, and shooter gauge clean it (use a minimal gentle cleaner, don’t remove any paint)

* Lockdown bar receiver, de-rust, clean and reinstall it

* Playfield guides and edges inside the cabinet, clean/wax them for ease of movement
* Coin door/Carriage Bolts -- clean/straighten/paint as needed

HEAD / BACKBOX

* Backglass, add enough foam insulation material on the lamp board and display edges until the backglass cannot move once everything is properly in place. Test your work by rattling the head to simulate good nudging. Remove the tilt bob first, to TEST the system. The pin should be dead quiet when you rattle it.

PLAYFIELD
* Acorns, install new set to match plastics

* Flipper assemblies, molex and rebuild

* Playfield brackets, (that seat in the lockdown bar) tumble and reassemble
* Shooter Lane protector, polish and reinstall

* Wires, inspect EVERY wire termination for breaks/fraying and cut/re-solder as needed

Pretty much the last "playability" thing to work on is rebuilding the flippers -- which is always super fun to do.
-mof

#66 5 years ago

Now that you mention it, I see one end of the eyes plastic is broked -- so perhaps that one deserves a protector -- which one were you thinking of?

I haven't been getting any airballs so far, so I've been kinda low-concern about that...
-mof

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Now that you mention it, I see one end of the eyes plastic is broked -- so perhaps that one deserves a protector -- which one were you thinking of?
I haven't been getting any airballs so far, so I've been kinda low-concern about that...
-mof

I was thinking about the big blue plastic to the left of the visor that wraps around the alley. The visor really needs a protector, too. Pretty sure I still have an unused CPR visor plastic amongst my stuff if you are looking for a replacement.

#68 5 years ago

can that one take a ring I wonder?

1 month later
#69 5 years ago

My pin*bot sticker came in the mail today, thanks to wombat !

-mof

20190222_new-sticker1 (resized).jpg20190222_new-sticker1 (resized).jpg20190222_new-sticker2 (resized).jpg20190222_new-sticker2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resto-pinbot-mof-20181205/page/2?hl=langless28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.