20190102_pb-cut-spring (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20181214_pb-planet-lock (resized).jpg
20181214_pb-planet-lock2 (resized).jpg
20190102_pb-baffles2 (resized).jpg
20190102_pb-baffles (resized).jpg
20190102_pb-all-lamps (resized).jpg
20181214_pb-eyes-touched-up-w-mylar-finished! (resized).jpg
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Have you ever played a Williams PIN*BOT from 1986? It's my third machine from 1986. Apparently, I really like that year!

After playing a bunch of dirty examples, I finally got to play a nice one at a friend's house, and I realized I had missed the boat all along. Great game.

This may be a very short thread, since the machine is already in good shape -- but I like to document things for reference, and why not share it on pinside...

ipdb:
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1796
-mof

EVALUATION:
=====================
PARTS/GRADES (8) overall
=====================
* Apron: 9: Nearly flawless
* Boards: 8: (haven't checked yet)
* Cabinet: 7: Sides are nice with a few scratches on the head
* Backglass: 9: One tiny hole in the art, otherwise a solid translite
* Displays: 9: All digits working.
* Inner Cab: 8: Cleaned up just fine. Nothing alive in there.
* Legs: 7: Legs are fine. Need a good derust and wax some day
* Parts: 8: broken playfield glass channel, needs new decals on vortex
* Plastics: 7: a few screw marks, and few broken screw holes, and some warping
* Playfield: 8: clean strong mylar, clean trough eject hole, only visible wear is in the plunger orbit to vortex
* Pop caps: 8: clean and good
* Shooter and Assembly: 8: will clean up nice. most plating looks good
* Side Rails: 8: Flat and clean
* Smells: 8: Smells fine. Nothing stands out.
* Transformer: 8: Looks good, haven't tested it.

==================================
Shopping List ($200 budget, $200 current, $0 available)
==================================

DONE ($200)
pinball customs target bank $10
https://www.shapeways.com/product/3U4QQ3CS3/pinbot-backbox-visor-baffle-stand-alone?optionId=65240178&li=marketplace $33
pinball life parts (glass channel, 3/16" OD clear rubbers, black rubbers, rubber set, shipping): $67.
flipper rebuilds and flipper switches $90

SOMEDAY
pop base/skirt color changes?
replacement vortex decals ($20 BAA)
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1025-professor-pinball/01860-pinduino-pinbot-interactive-lighting-for-the-ramps $175
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cabinet-speaker-size-and-wiring-williams-system-11

REFERENCE
http://www.enteryourinitials.com/category/pinball/pinbot-williams-1985/

20181205_in-the-car (resized).jpg20181205_in-the-car (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Here are copies of my checklists from:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-purchase-checklist
and
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shop-job-master-checklist

1. Batteries: replace batteries and ensure battery holder has no cracks or broken contact points. Examine below the batteries and ensure there's no damage. (Eventually, get the batteries off the board completely)
2. Boards: ensure all the boards in the backbox are mounted and grounded with screws. Several reasons for this. (Frequently there are some missing, which can allow for more board flex when plugging connectors back in. More screws = better grounding.)
3. Coils: Check the resistance of each coil against the spec. Check each arm and make sure there's no resistance to movement. Check each lug and look for broken/loose wires.
4. Docs: Get your game's documentation at www.ipdb.org
5. Flipper Coils: check them against the specification for right type. Inspect flipper switches.
6. Fuses: Check fuses against the specification
7. ICs: Make sure no socketed ICs (integrated circuits -- "chips") are installed upside down
8. Loose Items: After setting up the pin, before you plug it in, check the cabinet and back box for fallen loose items, using a bright light -- make sure no small parts have been wedged in somewhere
9. Power Cord: Check the power cord for damage and fraying. Be sure there is an undamaged grounded three prong plug installed.
10. Serial Number: Record the serial number, take pictures for your records
11. Voltages: Check the voltages on the rectifier board (with connectors unplugged) -- see various troubleshooting guides to learn what voltages to expect
12. Wires: Check under the playfield and make sure no wires are getting eaten away by moving parts (sling shot wires, and wires along the edge of the playfield that can rub against the cabinet sides) Check the coin door for clipped/cut GI wires that may be dangling free.
13. Nut check: A loose or missing nut can mean undue stress going to a part that is loose on the playfield. Make sure all posts and pop assemblies are well secured. Review all nuts quickly. You will likely find a loose or missing one on your first pass.
14. Add Fuses: Perform this safety mod on all your Williams pins made from 1977-1987. -- add two fuses to the bridge rectifiers to prevent fire. http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_System_9_-_11 (see section 4.2 Power Problems) Also see vid1900's tutorial on how to set it up: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-bulletproofing-williams-system-6/page/2

CABINET (15-20 hrs)
* Apron, and shooter gauge clean it (use a minimal gentle cleaner, don’t remove any paint)
* Cabinet protectors, Install the metal PBL ones
* Cabinet, clean and wax
* Cabinet, troll it for parts with magnetic wand, and vacuum/clean it out
* Cabinet wires, clean them for appearance
* Cabinet wires, ensure the 4 harnesses move freely when playfield is rotated up/down
* Coin door carriage bolts, remove and clean or polish them
* Coin door flap, remove and de-rust it (if stainless steel)
* Coin door, clean it (clean up old stickers if needed)
* Coin door, check wiring and make sure it's all zip-tied away from colliding with the lockdown bar arm
* Instruction Cards, make new ones, and ensure you have new acetate covers for them
* Inserts, ensure they are all flat. Adjust and re-glue any that are not
* Leg bolts, polish and reinstall
* Legs, de-rust, polish and wax. Install new leg levelers and floor sliders
* Legs, set pitch and level
* Lockdown bar, de-rust, clean and install new foam
* Lockdown bar receiver, de-rust, clean and reinstall it
* Paint pen black on inside and outside of cabinet, coin door, and head edges to clean up the look
* Playfield guides and edges inside the cabinet, clean/wax them for ease of movement
* Plug, ensure it’s in good shape, or replace
* Power, check all board Test Point’s (TPs) against spec
* Power switch, clean it and the bracket
* Shooter, ultrasonic, and re-install; replace 1" spring if needed to keep tip from scraping against PF
* Speaker panel trim, clean and polish it
* Slam Tilt (put rubber around for home use)
* Transformer board, remove and clean under it if possible, (sand and varnish if possible)
* Transformer brackets, ultrasonic and reassemble, clean up transformer

HEAD / BACKBOX (10-15 hrs)
* Backglass, add enough foam insulation material on the lamp board and display edges until the backglass cannot move once everything is properly in place. Test your work by rattling the head to simulate good nudging. Remove the tilt bob first, to TEST the system. The pin should be dead quiet when you rattle it.
* Backbox, clean and vacuum it
* Backbox, clean the lamp board, tumble and reassemble door brackets
* Backglass, clean both sides carefully
* Backglass, install new grip tape to better hold the backglass channel and trim
* Backglass channel, (if stainless steel) polish, clean or replace
* Battery pack, install remote one
* Connectors, check all connectors for burn, and replace connectors where needed
* Dipswitches, set them for freeplay, etc and/or set functions using coin door buttons
* Display test
* Displays, wipe down glass and rubber
* Displays, review displays for proper rubber gaskets and replace with strips of weather insulation to ensure the glass cannot touch the displays, either in game, or in transport
* Fuses, review and replace to spec
* Fuses, review recommended upgrades to improve safety and add a few if advised
* GI lamp board, get it to proper level and height so the displays line up properly through the backglass
* GI lamp board, remove all bulbs, and install only 10 (my personal taste)
* Grounding mods, study what can help the integrity of the machine, and perform them
* Power board, replace 30 year old caps
* Solder joints, check all boards for cold solder joints and reflow as needed

PLAYFIELD (15-30 hrs)
* Acorns, install new set to match plastics
* Alignment, review any shots that send balls at the flippers, and adjust alignments as necessary
* Ball stops (above saucers), ensure they are polished and clean and reinstalled
* Bulbs, install ultrasoniced 44s and a few LEDs where needed
* Drop target assemblies, molex, ultrasonic and reassemble
* Flipper assemblies, molex and rebuild
* Flipper button switches, replace with new parts
* Flipper buttons, ultrasonic and reinstall
* Flipper return frames, remove bells, and install new set from Cliffy, align for perfect ball flow (in both directions, this could require filling and drilling new holes)
* Inlane switches, set to perfection so that moonwalking is easy and likely. If you don't -- switches can trap balls, and steal flow from the game. Make sure they are low, AND register all hits
* Lamp (controlled) test
* Lamp sockets, review that all work properly, and clean/replace any that need it
* Plastic protectors, create new ones from scratch for vulnerable high use areas
* Plastics, clean and flatten
* Plastics, install new ones where needed, and verify you have the supporting hardware (correct posts, etc)
* Playfield brackets, (that seat in the lockdown bar) tumble and reassemble
* Playfield, clean and wax
* Pops, molex and rebuild all three and adjust all leaves to hair-trigger perfection, install new skirts and lamp sockets
* Posts, tighten, tumble and re-fill all stripped holes
* Posts, Ensure all posts are in the correct spot with healthy screws. Unscrew/screw them all back in
* Ramps, remove and clean and reassemble, polish or regain if stainless steel
* Rubber kit, install new one
* Shooter Lane protector, polish and reinstall
* Slings, tune properly
* Solenoid test
* Solenoid check, ensure they are all to spec (not too strong not too weak)
* Solenoid sleeves, review them all, and clean or replace them
* Spinner, paint strip it, spray paint it, bake on the paint, and reassemble it
* Star posts, clean and wax, and reinstall
* Stationary targets, ensure they have good foam behind them, clean, and adjust them
* Switch adjustments (1-2-3 lanes, inlanes, outlanes)
* Switch test (ensure CPU and Physical switches all register each switch)
* Wires, inspect EVERY wire termination for breaks/fraying and cut/re-solder as needed

#3 5 years ago

Quick shot of the paint:

Sheen: bright and shiny as day 1
Corners: not bad
Colors: a little faded perhaps, but not bad
Scratches: of course there are some on the head

The Topper looks to be in good condition.

20181205_pb-shiny-backbox (resized).jpg20181205_pb-shiny-backbox (resized).jpg
#4 5 years ago

Pin*Bot Circuits Activated

my first game, love it, looks like this ones gone to a good home!

#5 5 years ago

I took "great risk" and did some game testing right away, since I bought it from a friend who had this set up in a friend's house for a few years. (kids don't try this at home!)

ISSUES (12)
* you cannot complete the 5x5 square of inserts to lower the target bank
* there's some ball hop
* plunger barely makes the 20,000 up top on the vortex
* I don't like the ball action out of the left ramp, it hits a rubber and bounces laterally
* pops need adjusting (bulb out)
* you cannot moonwalk the inlanes
* dirty rubbers -- slow action (of course)
* a few loose posts
* I don't like the red plastics for the mini playfield -- saw a friend go clear -- will re-use his treatment
* five colored stripes that lead to the eyes need touch up at the gap
* I want to try out the light baffles that fans have made for the backbox and tighten that up
* PF scrapes inside of cabinet (it's a hinged PF)

But you know what, overall, this is gonna clean up nicely and be a gem...

#6 5 years ago

I'm two weeks into the future on this, so at least I can confidently post daily for 15+ days and keep things interesting until I reach the "damn, ok -- this plays great" phase and I move onto something more challenging...

-mof

#7 5 years ago

Another fun SYS11 game!

Enjoy, champ!

rd

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

After playing a bunch of dirty examples, I finally got to play a nice one at a friend's house, and I realized I had missed the boat all along. Great game.

Holy crap! Really? When it was released I thought it was the perfect game. Awesome sounds, awesome light show, awesome rules. Everything the ball touched had a purpose and the game felt well balanced. And oh man was it fun to max out the vortex at 10X. I played it in the arcade for a year straight without wanting to play much of anything else.

I'm glad you can now see Pinbot!

#9 5 years ago

So I prepared for this work, by driving to Cliff's and picking up a set of Cliify flipper return frames. Did they need it? YES
It took about 10 minutes to install. Cake walk. No bells to dremel off and sand/shape. There's more plastic in 1986.
Ball Hop bye bye.
-mof

20181206_pb-worn-return-frames1 (resized).jpg20181206_pb-worn-return-frames1 (resized).jpg
20181206_pb-worn-return-frames2 (resized).jpg20181206_pb-worn-return-frames2 (resized).jpg

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

So I prepared for this work, by driving to Cliff's and picking up a set of Cliify flipper return frames. Did they need it? YES
It took about 10 minutes to install. Cake walk. No bells to dremel off and sand/shape. There's more plastic in 1986.
Ball Hop bye bye.
-mof
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

there's clearly damage, but the tips are a completely different shape, not due to damage. No effect on the game just not the same design.

#11 5 years ago

Cliff extends the tips to reduce ball hop. Better than factory.

Mof

#12 5 years ago

Target bank wouldn't drop (due to the green target not registering). Had to remove the bank from below, and then re-solder the wires. Got it wrong on the first try -- doh! But it's all good now.
I see these washers, I suppose they are just there to make sure the screws don't pop through... I'd rather just make the screws shorter with a dremel, and mark 'em if that's the case.

Note: do not lose this cylinder piece that goes in the plastic up-down bank!
Note: I think this pic is of the wiring (wrong) but it's hard to tell...

It's all good now.
-mof

20181206_pb-motor-bracket1 (resized).jpg20181206_pb-motor-bracket1 (resized).jpg
20181206_pb-motor-bracket2 (resized).jpg20181206_pb-motor-bracket2 (resized).jpg20181206_pb-for-the-up-down-dont-lose-this (resized).jpg20181206_pb-for-the-up-down-dont-lose-this (resized).jpg20181206_pb-oops-miswired (resized).jpg20181206_pb-oops-miswired (resized).jpg

#13 5 years ago

(Purists will not like this post, so go ahead and skip to the next one.)

I did *not* like the way the ball came out of the ramp on a low-velocity ramp shot:

1. ball would enter and return down the ramp as expected
2. on exit, ball would strike starpost with rubber on it, and take a horizontal bounce into the right side of the playfield

Now, even if that's what Barry had intended, I'm *really* not used to that on his previous playfields. I am going to assume it's a factory flaw, and I want that ball to come screaming out of there into the left flipper.

Pros: smoother flow, "feels better" and less "dink-donky"
Cons: less randomness on faster balls (the ones that made it to the top of the ramp and retreated)

So I had to fill and drill, and move the hole, about the width of a hole so that I could move the entire ramp towards the center of the PF -- which makes the shot 5% more narrow, and the shot is so wide to begin with, it's a non-issue.

Here's the "after" (sorry all I got) -- but you can see that the ramp edge is perfectly lined up with the edge of the rubber now.

-mof

20181207_pb-moved-ramp-to-edge (resized).jpg20181207_pb-moved-ramp-to-edge (resized).jpg

#14 5 years ago

Of course, I had to eliminate the "just the tip" action that most games have. I like to put on a longer spring, and adjust things so that the tip cannot be harmed any longer by merely raising the playfield. It looks like 10 new springs lasted me 4 years! (re-order time!)

part # 10-149

All cleaned up!

-mof

20181207_pb-new-plunger-springs (resized).jpg20181207_pb-new-plunger-springs (resized).jpg
20181207_pb-cleaned-shooter-cleaned-spring (resized).jpg20181207_pb-cleaned-shooter-cleaned-spring (resized).jpg

#15 5 years ago

Of course no game is ready to play without washing the buttons and replacing the switches...

Then you line them up JUST SO.

-mof

OLD
20181211_pb-button-switches (resized).jpg20181211_pb-button-switches (resized).jpg

FIXED
20181211_pb-button-switch-installed (resized).jpg20181211_pb-button-switch-installed (resized).jpg20181211_pb-button-switch-installed2 (resized).jpg20181211_pb-button-switch-installed2 (resized).jpg20181211_pb-button-switch-installed3 (resized).jpg20181211_pb-button-switch-installed3 (resized).jpg

#16 5 years ago

Next up - polish the mylar. Still have my old old old treasure cove kit, and a newish drill.
-mof

It came out really nice. This mylar is in great shape.
20181212_pb-polish-pf (resized).jpg20181212_pb-polish-pf (resized).jpg20181212_pb-polish-shine (resized).jpg20181212_pb-polish-shine (resized).jpg

#17 5 years ago

That's a nice looking survivor you've got there!

#19 5 years ago

"The more you restore, the higher the score." -mof

4.5 million

=)

20181207_pb-high-score (resized).jpg20181207_pb-high-score (resized).jpg
#20 5 years ago

Some parts came -- thanks to pinball life !
-mof

20181213_parts-is-parts (resized).jpg20181213_parts-is-parts (resized).jpg
#21 5 years ago

Pinbot mini PF before:

20181213_pb-mini-pf-before (resized).jpg20181213_pb-mini-pf-before (resized).jpg

#22 5 years ago

Man those screws were a pita to get off... (Glad to not have to do that task every day.)
-mof

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Man those screws were a pita to get off... (Glad to not have to do that task every day.)
-mof

The worst. I always hate that part of a swap.

#24 5 years ago

After. Thanks to Cheddar for the color-matching idea!
20181213_pb-mini-pf (resized).jpg20181213_pb-mini-pf (resized).jpg20181213_pb-working-mini-pf (resized).jpg20181213_pb-working-mini-pf (resized).jpg

#25 5 years ago

(Purists look away again)

So, this game doesn't allow you to moonwalk. It's very important on pinbot, since it's fun to Shatz the inlanes -- and it would be even more fun if the ball would moonwalk into the outlanes.

The original design has VERY narrow inlanes.

I thought about how to get a narrower rubber on the posts.

I finally came up with a solution that has survived 50 games. We'll see if it works long-term!

-mof

COMPARE WIDTHS -- see how stock rubber is wider?
20181216_pb-more-narrow-rubber (resized).jpg20181216_pb-more-narrow-rubber (resized).jpg

CUT a rubber and super glue it back into place!
20181216_pb-more-narrow-rubber2 (resized).jpg20181216_pb-more-narrow-rubber2 (resized).jpg20181216_pb-more-narrow-rubber3 (resized).jpg20181216_pb-more-narrow-rubber3 (resized).jpg

#26 5 years ago

I just got to ask, why did you have to cut and glue the rubber? Is the correct size not available? Like how this is coming along, keep at it!

#27 5 years ago

If I am not mistaken, post sleeves are normally placed here on these posts, and I went with rings. The rings would never stretch to fit around these posts, and for some reason, the posts have an indentation in the middle to take a ring...
-mof

#28 5 years ago

Moonwalking works now, and to my tastes, the game is another 5% more fun with the rings instead of the post rubber.

-mof

#29 5 years ago

Try a drop of liquid dish soap, I bet they will pop right on.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

pop right on.

Noooo! Take a look at the posts, they are not made to take a tiny rubber
=)

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

they are not made to take a tiny rubber

I’ve heard that before ...

rd

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Noooo! Take a look at the posts, they are not made to take a tiny rubber
=)

But they can. Looking back at my pinbot photos, I did the same thing except I didn't slice the rubber. They will go on and stay put just fine without slicing them.

#33 5 years ago

I am using the tiniest ones of all time. No chance these will stretch on.

#34 5 years ago

"And now for something we hope you'll really like..".
Time to clean up the eyes...

I want to clean up the edges of the target bank hole, and also clean up the grey paths into the eye sockets. I want a good result in a few hours or less -- not going for absolute perfection here.

-mof

BEFORE
20181213_pb-eyes-before (resized).jpg20181213_pb-eyes-before (resized).jpg
20181214_pb-eyes-before-touch-up2 (resized).jpg20181214_pb-eyes-before-touch-up2 (resized).jpg
20181214_pb-eyes-before-touch-up3 (resized).jpg20181214_pb-eyes-before-touch-up3 (resized).jpg
20181214_pb-eyes-before-close-up (resized).jpg20181214_pb-eyes-before-close-up (resized).jpg

#35 5 years ago

Started with re-graining, that was super ez with the 3M pad I still have at the garage sink.
-mof

(I did the one on left to just show before/after)

I'm not trying to remove the ball marks 100% -- they will come back in 30 years, just wanted to push them back 20 years or so =)

20181213_regrained-on-left (resized).jpg20181213_regrained-on-left (resized).jpg
#36 5 years ago

Started with the black line closest to the player: Masked off one edge, and got out my set of oil-based markers direct from China. Did one edge and then the other...

20181213_chinese-markers (resized).jpg20181213_chinese-markers (resized).jpg
20181214_pb-eyes-right-edge-done (resized).jpg20181214_pb-eyes-right-edge-done (resized).jpg
20181214_pb-eyes-touched-up (resized).jpg20181214_pb-eyes-touched-up (resized).jpg

#37 5 years ago

Then moved to the black lines around each color. I added a hair too much black in a few spots. It's ok. When you are in the player position, it's 100% un-seeable.
I then did the color edges as well. Most colors were very close matches... Lucky for me!

-mof

20181214_pb-eyes-just-did-the-black-line (resized).jpg20181214_pb-eyes-just-did-the-black-line (resized).jpg20181214_pb-eyes-just-did-the-black-line2 (resized).jpg20181214_pb-eyes-just-did-the-black-line2 (resized).jpg

#38 5 years ago

Next up, create a template for the mylar cut. Started with parchment paper. Took a few tries to get the shape right.
-mof

TEMPLATE
20181214_pb-mask-for-eyes (resized).jpg20181214_pb-mask-for-eyes (resized).jpg

#39 5 years ago

Used magic eraser to clean up the ball swirl dirt 80% and touched up the grey with some grey acrylic I had from a taxi project.

Two coats of wax, and dry time, and then laid down the mylar. Looks good !

-mof

20181214_pb-eyes-cleaned-up-with-mylar (resized).jpg20181214_pb-eyes-cleaned-up-with-mylar (resized).jpg

#40 5 years ago

Now the final before and after -- glass off!

Definitely an 80% improvement -- great use of 2 hours of time!

What looks BEST to me, is the reflections of extra EYE light now due to the mylar... matches the "reflectiveness" of the rest of the game.

-mof

BEFORE
20181213_pb-eyes-before (resized).jpg20181213_pb-eyes-before (resized).jpg
AFTER
20181214_pb-eyes-touched-up-w-mylar-finished! (resized).jpg20181214_pb-eyes-touched-up-w-mylar-finished! (resized).jpg

20181214_pb-eyes-cleaned-up-with-mylar (resized).jpg20181214_pb-eyes-cleaned-up-with-mylar (resized).jpg
#41 5 years ago

Very nice work. Just looked at your collection and you have great taste in games. Too bad we are on opposite ends of the country as I have a F2K project that is very nice and on you wishlist. Still using the GL backglass I sent you?

Russ

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Still using the GL backglass I sent you?

Thanks, I finally went to the prototype, so the python one -- sits in a box =(

-mof

#43 5 years ago

Thank you, I have one lined up locally, and a CPR one ready to install... Can't wait... You can't have too many robot voices in the house at once:

1. black hole
2. f2k
3. pinbot

=)

-mof

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Thanks, I finally went to the prototype, so the python one -- sits in a box =(
-mof

Did you buy the one from Bgresto? It was my original that was used to make that one but I didn't do the work. I put green Xpin displays behind it and it looks awesome.

#46 5 years ago

Tomorrow, I'll replace the broken playfield glass channel, and add the baffling to the backglass lamps...
-mof

#47 5 years ago

Someone on pinside used to sell a sticker for the top of the target bank that carried the colors across. You could easily make one yourself if you can't find them. It was my favorite visual mod for pinbot.

#48 5 years ago

Yep I sent that fella a pm a few weeks ago -- no response.

#49 5 years ago

Installed the baffles. Looks GREAT !
-mof
20190102_pb-baffles2 (resized).jpg20190102_pb-baffles2 (resized).jpg
20190102_pb-baffles (resized).jpg20190102_pb-baffles (resized).jpg
20190102_pb-all-lamps (resized).jpg20190102_pb-all-lamps (resized).jpg

#50 5 years ago

Quick check on high priority items that are bugging me. It's coming along!

ISSUES (12)

FIXED (7)
* you cannot complete the 5x5 square of inserts to lower the target bank
* there's some ball hop
* I don't like the ball action out of the left ramp, it hits a rubber and bounces laterally
* you cannot moonwalk the inlanes
* I don't like the red plastics for the mini playfield -- saw a friend go clear -- will re-use his treatment
* five colored stripes that lead to the eyes need touch up at the gap
* I want to try out the light baffles that fans have made for the backbox and tighten that up

FIXING SOON (5)
* plunger barely makes the 20,000 up top on the vortex
* pops need adjusting (bulb out)
* dirty rubbers -- slow action (of course)
* a few loose posts
* PF scrapes inside of cabinet (it's a hinged PF)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resto-pinbot-mof-20181205 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.