201504_Nine-inert-ends-not-plug.jpg
201504_Nine-more-clip-flat.jpg
201504_Nine-clip-wires-flat-at-PF.jpg
201504_Nine-prep-molex-tool.jpg
201504_Nine-coil-ready.jpg
201504_Nine-one-thourgh-one-wrapped.jpg
201504_Nine-coil-ready2.jpg
201504_Nine-separate-and-tin.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aka.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from wnorwich89:

Yep. Looking forward to seeing it come along, as well as the guy's who just got one in France. This is the machine that popped my pin cherry, hopefully one will pop up in a year or so.

Yeah, I'm the guy. I'm just too lazy to make a detailed report on the work I do on the machine, like mof does. Besides, I go at a slow pace so it would not be that exciting. I'll keep posting questions here and there, and at the end you'll see some pictures.

It's a great pinball, and that's why I picked up one in a poor shape, I could not just let it go or let it die in some guy's shed. I'm sure it was the same for mof.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

So WTF is up with some of the star posts in Nine Ball with the hex bolts? You turn them and they don't unscrew. I look under the playfield, and they look like the end of a carriage bolt. Who thought this was a good idea? Why are they in Nine Ball, and NOT in Seawitch? Where should I lock in and hold the bolt, in order to turn the nut? Bizarre.
So many questions...
-mof

I had the same issue in my Nine Ball with a dozen of them. I ended up sawing them (the posts and the bolts within) and ordered new posts. I'll also order new bolts for all the posts, well the ones that have bolts because some have screws, this time with a head you can grip.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

ok - link me which posts you ordered, I'm all for upgrading the mechs to make the game more serviceable.
-mof

You can find them at this retailer in France :
http://www.flipper-passion.com/index.php?cPath=105_178&osCsid=080a6e760f76ea397be81f5a4ce453ca
But I'm sure you can also find them elsewhere, they seem to be pretty standard gottlieb posts. Just be careful, there's two sizes (three are shorter ones on Nine Ball).

Quoted from mof:

I guess there should only be 7 of the tiny .../3400 coils, per page 15 of the guide. Cool...
-mof

You can't drop the target n°8 any other way than by touching it, so no need for a coil ...

#51 8 years ago

Just had a look, and The Pinball Resource has them (the posts). It's in the U.S. so I guess it's more practical for you.

#53 8 years ago

You mean those ? :
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2078

edit :found them at pinball life

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aka.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resto-nine-ball-mof-20150405?tu=aka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.