(Topic ID: 11539)

Rest in Peace Steve Kordek the pinball world has lost another legend!

By Butterflygirl24

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Pintucky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Metro.jpg
    422432_224093334348284_216337748457176.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

This was posted on FB this morning by Larry Demar...
    I received this sad news from Steve's daughter via email:

This morning at 5:30am Steve Kordek passed away to join his heavenly father. No plans for the Mass and funeral have been made and we will let you know the details when they become available. Thank all of you for your many prayers and concerns.

Father Frank, Kathy, Richard and Donna.

I am deeply saddened by this news... I was lucky enough to know Steve, and I am blessed that I got to know him and had the great pleasure of getting to attend his 100th birthday luncheon last month in Chicago.
    Rest in Peace my friend! You will be missed!

Phoebe

422432_224093334348284_216337748457176.jpg422432_224093334348284_216337748457176.jpg

#2 12 years ago

Sad news. He had a long and wonderful life.
    RIP.

#3 12 years ago

One of the legends, we are all thankful for his contributions to pinball, and from what I have heard was a great guy. He will be missed!

#4 12 years ago

Sad news, but the guy made it to 100. He had a great, long life. It's really awesome that such a great birthday celebration was recently put on for him. Most people only hear those sorts of kind words AFTER they're dead.

#5 12 years ago

A very sad day for pinball, RIP

#6 12 years ago

He had a nice long life, doing what he loved, surrounded by many that admired & loved him. What more could one ask.

#7 12 years ago

I feel priviledged to have met and spoken to this amazing pinball legend. He lived an incredible and long life and touched many many people during that time. I was pleased when a friend pointed out that Larry Demar read an excerpt of my congratulatory note from RGP at Steve's birthday luncheon.
    This man was probably the only person who's career spanned the beginnings of pinball right through to the last golden era of the nineties.
    You will continue to live in our hearts and our game rooms.

#8 12 years ago

Another Pinball Icon is lost but not forgotten. RIP Steve.

#9 12 years ago

rest in peace

#10 12 years ago

Very Sad Day...A true Legend of the Pinball World will be greatly missed.RIP Steve

#11 12 years ago

A true legend indeed. RIP Steve.

#12 12 years ago

R.I.P Steve!

#14 12 years ago

I only wish to live to 100. RIP Steve.

#16 12 years ago

RIP Steve.

#17 12 years ago

i will honor his memory by playing lots of pinball today.
    thank you for all you have done for pinball sir. be at peace.

#18 12 years ago

What a legacy - incredible man.

#19 12 years ago

100 is a great high score!
    No shame in that game over, what a legacy to leave to the pinball world, great run.

#20 12 years ago

You guys are right, 100 is a great score on the pinball game called life. I should have done something happy, celebrating that magic numer 100 in the Pínside logo today, but I was so saddened by the news that all I could come up with was the color black. Sorry about that!

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I should have done something happy, celebrating that magic number 100 in the Pínside logo today, but I was so saddened by the news that all I could come up with was the color black.

I just noticed the black logo, and immediately checked this thread to see if there was a mention of it. I think it's a befitting way to honor Steve. It's kind of like the digital equivalent of flying the flag at half mast.

#22 12 years ago

Couldn't have said it better. thanks steve.

#23 12 years ago

RIP Steve.

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyFliprFingrs:

100 is a great high score!
    No shame in that game over, what a legacy to leave to the pinball world, great run.

Couldn't have said it better. Keeping the ball in play that long is amazing....

Thank you for the joy you brought so many....

#26 12 years ago

Man,
    Thanks for all the wonderful games Steve, you will be missed!
    I will find me a 'Metro' this year and play the crap out of it in your honor!

Metro.jpgMetro.jpg

#27 12 years ago

May I recommend to source and enjoy Clays lengthy This Old Pinball podcast on visiting Steve Kordek.

Also I dearly remember the Kordek segments in the History Of Pinball documentary, which you may already know.

Rest in peace, Steve.

#28 12 years ago

Rest in peace good sir.

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Man,
    Thanks for all the wonderful games Steve, you will be missed!
    I will find me a 'Metro' this year and play the crap out of it in your honor!

Attachments Metro.jpg (91.5 KB, 0 downloads) 5 hours old

Ahhh!! I have a picture of Steve and I standing with a Metro pin that a good friend from Aus. had bought at Expo '06, I was taking it home with me to restore for him, and he wanted some pics of Steve and I with it...

Phoebe

#30 12 years ago

Very sad. A lot of great people are passing from this world . . .

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rest-in-peace-steve-kordek-the-pinball-world-has-lost-another-legend and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.