zombies (resized).jpg
20181125_144023 (resized).jpg
20181125_144033 (resized).jpg
41764455_2140713502607974_5857391143183974400_n (resized).jpg
20180916_160406 (resized).jpg
20180915_172309 (resized).jpg
20180916_155959 (resized).jpg
original (resized).jpg
There are 279 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 5 years ago

I'm so sorry for you're loss... wish you all the strength in the world.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Brain cancer is a tough one - and four years is a long time to fight it, she was strong! Thank you for the pictures that show her great spirit so we can feel and understand the depth of your loss. You have my heartfelt condolences.

After the operation and diagnosis/prognosis in 2014, I believe we chose to just live and experience life, enjoy life and eachother. So the actual fight was really the six weeks before she died when the body started shutting down. Still, she refused to be broken, and for four weeks she was humping around our apartment with a crutch and me and her sisters help, often going some detours to the kitchen on the way back to the couch. She was so amazing. I hope I can be as strong and fearless in life.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

When the time is right, and the pain has dulled a little, I suspect a memorial tournament would be in order.

This will absolutely be done, when this first phase has been passed. Planning to donate the tournament fee and STHS to the brain tumor organisation.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I hope I can be as strong and fearless in life.

I think she already left you that gift.

#105 5 years ago

31 is not fair!!!!
I just lost my dad in April and the pain is still strong.
I feel for you. Sorry to hear about your loss. Losing anyone close is such a difficult and painful thing. To lose your wife, I just can't imagine.
Remember all the good times. She's always alive in your thoughts.

#106 5 years ago

I'm so very sorry for your loss. She sounded like an amazing person and you both were fortunate to share life and passion together. Spend time with friends and family, keep busy and active, time will help mend you.

May God comfort & Bless you man.

#107 5 years ago

So sorry for your loss, may you eventually be at peace.

#108 5 years ago

Man, I am so sorry to read this. I am sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing her pictures. You can clearly tell....she was full of life We are all here for you........

#109 5 years ago

Wow, I'm so sorry, I wish you and the family the best.

#110 5 years ago

Death sucks however it goes down, whether by prolonged illness or by sudden accident. I lost my Karen over eight years ago the latter way and I still get choked up and teary as I type this. I hope you are taking some comfort from at least having the chance to say goodbye. Be strong.

#111 5 years ago

I can't imagine how you are feeling, to lose the one you love the most. Hand in there. Stay strong.

#112 5 years ago

Sorry for your lost.

#113 5 years ago

This is very sad news. I’m sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your pictures and letting us know about her some. Sending hugs from the US.

#114 5 years ago

As a fellow husband and father, and as a neurosurgeon and pinball enthusiast, my heart cries with you for the pain you and your family have suffered over these many years batteling brain cancer. Losing your lovely wife on the 20th of May is a pain I cannot imagine. My heart and prayers will forever go out to you and your whole family. Thank you for sharing with us.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

As a fellow husband and father, and as a neurosurgeon and pinball enthusiast, my heart cries with you for the pain you and your family have suffered over these many years batteling brain cancer. Losing your lovely wife on the 20th of May is a pain I cannot imagine. My heart and prayers will forever go out to you and your whole family. Thank you for sharing with us.

Thank you.. we have had only good experiences with the two brain surgeries she had, 2014 and 2017. The latter was an "awake" surgery. I just have to repeat, she was the bravest person i have ever met.

#116 5 years ago

That's terrible to hear. We don't know each other, but I am so sorry for your loss. It looks like she had a ball playing and was fortunate to have found you to share the hobby with. RIP.

#117 5 years ago

so sorry for your loss and pain. tears are streaming as i type this. itll be 3 years soon since i lost my son to cancer at 28.
the pain comes in waves....but the waves will come further apart as the time passes. cancer sucks
ill keep you and your wife in mythoughts as i play ...thanks for the wonderful pics
M

#118 5 years ago

I am very sorry for you loss. I don't know you, but I wish you and your family the best.

Manny

#119 5 years ago

I’m so sorry for your loss. I love the idea that someone mentioned on here of putting her initials the next time I get a high score on any machine. From the pictures you posted she looks like a badass chick that I would have love to meet and play pinball with the both of you❤️

#120 5 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

#121 5 years ago

Very sorry to see this. It looks like you two had a memorable journey together.

#122 5 years ago

So sorry for your loss..

#123 5 years ago

This brought tears to my eyes- I'm really sorry for your loss....

#124 5 years ago

Beautiful. Sorry for your loss. Come to Arkansas for a weekend to drown sorrows in pinball. Good times = promised.

#125 5 years ago

I’m so sorry to hear this, she sounded like a remarkable woman!

#126 5 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss.

#127 5 years ago

My condolences to you and your family.
Stay strong and know the community here will offer up as much support as we can.

#128 5 years ago

Morten,

I'm very sorry for your loss. You're doing the right thing by celebrating her life and all the great times you had together. She sounds like an incredible woman that every man dreams to meet and I'm sure she said the same things about you to others. Thank you for sharing your memories of her with us.

My thoughts will be with you and both of your families. I'm sure I speak for all of us, let us know if you need anything.

Matt

#129 5 years ago

Sorry for your loss.

#130 5 years ago

She was a good one! Sorry for your loss.

#131 5 years ago

So sad, sorry to hear this terrible news, hope you are able to get through the emotional pain and remember the good times. I think many people on this forum will be appreciating their wives a little more after reading this....

#132 5 years ago

I can tell just by looking at her pictures that she was an awesome woman, my heart breaks for you. She is beyond suffering and pain now and smiling down on you.
I am very sorry for your loss, the world is a lesser place without Sandra in it.

#133 5 years ago

31? Wtf..... Cruel world we live in, very sorry for your loss

#134 5 years ago

So sorry looks like she really loved pinball.

#135 5 years ago

Very sorry for the loss of your wife. Me and mine have been best friends for the last 25 years together and I really cant imagine being without her.

Take care of yourself man.

#136 5 years ago

Dang. Hate that for you.

Cancer has taken quite a few people I know. In fact, one of my best pinball buddies is fighting for his life as I type this. Leukemia on his end but my wife just lost a good friend from a glioblastoma brain cancer.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Darin

#137 5 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss.

#138 5 years ago

So so sorry for your loss brother. I can't imagine and don't want to. Praying for peace and comfort for your family.

#139 5 years ago

Sincerest condolences for your loss, remember all the good times you shared and know she will no longer suffer.

#140 5 years ago

My deepest condolences.

What you did here, this memorial, was really nice of you to do for her.

I hope your heart heals in time.

#141 5 years ago

Oh man... so tragic.. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I am kind of going through this with my Mom right now. Stage 4 breast cancer. What a stance! May she suffer no more ..keep her close to your heart and she will always be there.

#142 5 years ago

Absolutely F ing hate this. At age 31 I still consider her a kid.

My friend lost one of his sons at 24 to brain cancer a few years ago.

We have a golf tournament every year, "Teed off at Cancer" and raise a bunch of money.

I have no idea how you move on in life but maybe have a pinball tournament every year in her honor. Count me in as a contributor.

#143 5 years ago

So sorry man. So unfair. Really puts into perspective some of the petty shit we squabble over.

#144 5 years ago

So sorry to read of your loss. Cancer sucks.

#145 5 years ago

My heart goes out to you. And my prayers for comfort.

#146 5 years ago

So sad and unfair......really sorry for your loss.

#147 5 years ago

It's time like this that we're reminded that we're all brothers and sisters on this planet. Some might say that it's odd that you would post on a pinball forum about your wife passing, but I would argue that one of the great things about the internet is that it allows us to show compassion to our brothers and sisters who share a similar passion. In other words, the internet makes the planet small enough that we can reach out to you, let you know that we care, offer words of encouragement and comfort, and be there for you.

While your wife was taken way too early, I pray that the memories you have of her will sustain you until you're together again.

God bless you and may He give you peace during this difficult time.

Dave

#148 5 years ago

She will be remembered brother

#149 5 years ago

Very VERY sad Hang in there brother.

#150 5 years ago

My heart goes out to you and her family. I can’t imagine going through what you did and are still going through. God bless you, and I believe one day we will all meet up again in the great everlasting.

There are 279 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rest-in-peace-my-beautiful-wife/page/3?hl=jenniebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.