zombies (resized).jpg
20181125_144023 (resized).jpg
20181125_144033 (resized).jpg
41764455_2140713502607974_5857391143183974400_n (resized).jpg
20180916_160406 (resized).jpg
20180915_172309 (resized).jpg
20180916_155959 (resized).jpg
original (resized).jpg

There are 279 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 5 years ago

I am not the most frequent poster here, but still this is where I spent many hours reading stuff. So I thought it is appropriate to write about this as well, as I have taken a mission to make sure my wife is remembered.

Sunday 20th May, my lovely and awesome wife Sandra Søbyskogen passed away,31 years old, after living with brain cancer for almost 4 years. We have been together since 2010, and got married in 2015 in Austria (where she is originally from, before she moved to Norway with me in 2012). She was the bravest and most fearless and kind person Ive ever known, and I am trying to figure out what the hell to do now.

She was very into pinball, sortof my fault, but we shared this passion and made many trips together to tournaments in Norway, Austria, Sweden and Netherlands.
She owned a Sopranos, along with my Walking dead premium and game of thrones pro in our apartment in Oslo. She is missed by the whole Oslo Pinball Club also due to her great baking skills, bringing cookies and cakes to almost every monthly tournament she attended.

We actually won The Walking Dead premium in pinball raffle during our honeymoon on Gran Canaria. Fun memories.
I thought Id just post some photos here in remembrance.

I had hoped to travel to Pinburgh next year with her, and I will still go and play my ass off in honour of her.

I miss her so much.

Morten

IMG_4600 (resized).JPGIMG_4600 (resized).JPGIMG_20171208_212440 (resized).jpgIMG_20171208_212440 (resized).jpgIMG_5147 (resized).JPGIMG_5147 (resized).JPGIMG_5182 (resized).JPGIMG_5182 (resized).JPG_LEB3013 (resized).jpg_LEB3013 (resized).jpgapo17 (resized).jpgapo17 (resized).jpgboras17 (resized).jpgboras17 (resized).jpgdpm 2016 (resized).jpgdpm 2016 (resized).jpgdpm16 (resized).jpgdpm16 (resized).jpgds2016 (resized).jpgds2016 (resized).jpggraz2017 (resized).jpggraz2017 (resized).jpgparis2014 (resized).jpgparis2014 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Dang, man. I am so very sorry. I can't imagine. I really can't.

#3 5 years ago

So so sorry for your loss!!

#4 5 years ago

So terribly sorry about your tragic loss. Thanks for sharing.

#5 5 years ago

How awesome you had a special partner to share your pinball passion with...will play a game in honor of your relationship tonight.

Best wishes moving forward without her by your side.

r

#6 5 years ago

Very sorry for your loss.

#7 5 years ago

My heart hurts for you and yours as you deal with this situation.

I'm so sorry that you have to endure this loss. She was blessed to have you as much as you were blessed to have her.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Marcus

#8 5 years ago

I’m am so sorry to hear this .

#9 5 years ago

Fuck Cancer! Sorry, but it takes too many lives, especially young ones. Deepest sympathy to you sir. She sounded like a wonderful woman.

#10 5 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine how hard a time this must be for you. I sincerely send my condolences.

#11 5 years ago

Sorry for your loss. I’m glad you had lots of fun together-She looks happy in those pics.

#12 5 years ago

Sorry for your loss. Cancer sucks! I lost too many people to it. My thoughts are with you.

#13 5 years ago

I can't imagine what you are going through. My sincerest condolences.

#14 5 years ago

Thank you for sharing those wonderful pictures. Truly saddened and sorry for your loss.

#15 5 years ago

There are no words.......sorry man

#16 5 years ago

Thoughts and prayers for you

#17 5 years ago

Sorry for your loss.

#18 5 years ago

31 is so young, i cant imagine what you are going through so sorry to hear this. Take time for yourself, loss is never an easy thing to overcome. It sounds like you guys had a ton of fun together and had many great memories. Those will last forever and you will never forget those. Just remember she is never really gone as long as she is in your heart.

#19 5 years ago

Thank You for sharing the pictures. Losing loved ones is never easy, especially one so close to you.
Sympathy and prayers are with you.

#20 5 years ago

I am so sorry to read this. My heart hurts for you, brother.

#21 5 years ago

Wow that is so sad

Thank you for sharing.

God bless you through this time.

#22 5 years ago

your heartfelt post makes my eyes well up. my sincerest condolences.

#23 5 years ago

She was sweet, pretty, cooked and loved pinball - the perfect combination. I’m so sorry for your loss.

#24 5 years ago

Sorry for your loss. I lost both parents to cancer.

#25 5 years ago

She had a pretty serious "power stance" while playing. Just awesome! I do the same thing.

Just keep going, man. That's all you can be expected to do right now.

#26 5 years ago

We never get over things like this, we just get through them. Keep her memory alive by remembering her often. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

#27 5 years ago

so very sorry. no words could ever put your loss into perspective but you really did an amazing job of letting us know her and how special she was. prayers brother

#28 5 years ago

Sorry man. That really sucks.

Reminder to Levi: You have no real problems.

#29 5 years ago

Be strong ,and hang in there dude!

#30 5 years ago

I'm so sorry buddy. Much love to you.

#31 5 years ago

Thanks for Sharing! She is Beautiful..

#32 5 years ago

Sorry for your loss. Like others have said, I can't imagine what you are going through.

#33 5 years ago

Very sorry for your loss. Cancer is terrible. I pray everyday we figure out better imunotherapy treatments and get this shit under control.

#34 5 years ago

Very sorry for your loss.
So young...
faz

#35 5 years ago

sorry to hear this. when you go to pinburg send me a message. i am local. i will get you a beer or something. also FUCK CANCER!

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Reminder to Levi: You have no real problems.

Hearing stories like this always makes me think of the samething. Most of us truly have no problems, when compared to what others are going through.

#37 5 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss of your wife who was clearly a truly wonderful person. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pictures. It looks like you two had some good times together.

#38 5 years ago

I never know what to say in these situations. To die young is a terrible thing. You clearly had an amazing wife. You can just tell from the photos she had a great spirit and presence. The fact she loved pinball just as much as you is rare and special. I'm sure you will cherish the memory of her.

#39 5 years ago

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Finding a great wife is like hitting the lotto. Finding a great wife who loves pinball is extraordinary. God bless you.

#40 5 years ago

Sorry for your loss. Hope you can find some solace during this difficult time. That's awesome that you both shared a love for pinball together. that is pretty rare.

#41 5 years ago

I know exactly how you feel. Please take one day at a time. Be kind to yourself. Nothing can bring her back but she would want you to keep getting up every morning. Best wishes and love to you.

#42 5 years ago

It is terrible to lose a loved one.

I wish I knew the words to comfort you.

LTG : (

#43 5 years ago

Very sorry for your loss, 31 is very young.

#44 5 years ago

So sorry to hear this.

Thanks for sharing her story.

#45 5 years ago

My sincerest condolences. May she be remembered forever.

#46 5 years ago

Cancer sucks! Way to young, very sorry for your loss.

#47 5 years ago

Sorry for your loss,

#48 5 years ago

She sounds like she was super cool and its a terrible loss to everyone that knew her.

#49 5 years ago

Brain cancer is a tough one - and four years is a long time to fight it, she was strong! Thank you for the pictures that show her great spirit so we can feel and understand the depth of your loss. You have my heartfelt condolences.

#50 5 years ago

Cant imagine, God Bless!!

There are 279 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rest-in-peace-my-beautiful-wife and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.