2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by NimblePin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago

Very sad news. He certainly made his mark on the hobby and will be sorely missed. RIP.

#52 2 years ago

I'm sorry to hear this, my condolences to his friends and family.

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Mike left a legacy of many beautiful games across the country. I'm sad to hear that his life was cut short.

This. Man, almost don't even want to have any games played he did the gorgeous looking armour on now so preserve it...

The guy's work was simply amazing. Incredibly terrible news for his family

#54 2 years ago

This is such sad news. Rest In Peace.

#55 2 years ago

I'm devastated, My heart goes out to his family. I have been sending parts to him for several years and love his work.

#56 2 years ago

I remember Mike giving out his phone number to Pinsiders which I thought was really cool to contact him at TPF if they had any work they wanted him to do some plating and drop it off there at the show for him. Unfortunately I never met him then or ever as I did not have any plating or anything else that had to be done at the time so to hear this news now is weird and surreal as the show was just a month and a half ago.

The name Mike Chestnut to me was always synonymous with quality chrome or other plating through word of month which is huge, so definitely a loss for the pinball community. My heart goes out to the family as I know first hand what it is like to lose loved ones in a sudden tragedy, including a motorcycle accident.

R.I.P.

Ken

#57 2 years ago

Awful news. A name just about everyone on Pinside knows and recognizes.

RIP

#58 2 years ago

I have two pins that have parts he plated. Nice guy- that's really horrible news.

#59 2 years ago

So very sad to hear this news. be at peace mike. and prayers for his loved ones.

#60 2 years ago

wow, horrible news. rest in peace.

#61 2 years ago

This is terrible news. Mke left quite an impression on so many of us, RIP Mike. Godspeed, man...

#62 2 years ago

My sincere condolences to your family and friends. I had the pleasure of talking with Mike often...a stand up guy and one whom will be greatly missed. His artistry and craftsmanship of what he did was undeniably the best is the industry. Forever greatful.

#63 2 years ago

I had two games being plated by him and he seemed to be about done. My last email from him was on the 25th. He was always quick to email and was very patient with my questions and general noobness.

This makes me so sad. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. I hope someone posts on how we can pay appropriate tribute to him or send some sort of condolence to his family.

Saying he will be missed is such an understatement.

#64 2 years ago

A good man will be missed, may he rest in peace.

#65 2 years ago

Very sad to lose such a good person. The world needs more good people, not less.

RIP, Mike.

#66 2 years ago

Wow, such sad news for the community. I only dealt with him one time but he was a class act. RIP Mike.

#67 2 years ago

So sorry to hear this. He was very patient and thoughtful. His work spoke volumes as to the kind of guy he was. Lots of respect for this guy. My deepest condolences to his family.

#68 2 years ago

Wow how unfortunate ... I just spoke with him about getting some work done . I use to ride and had many close calls and even a really bad accident but ended up ok . I decided that bikes were to dangerous bc people dont pay attention , especially now with all the technology people use while driving and never touched one again since 2009. Prayers go out to his family and friends and he will sorely be missed in the hobby.

#69 2 years ago

Mike was a great guy. Not only was he well known in pinball, he was also very well known in the motorcycle world. I always enjoyed talking with him.

Rest in peace, Mike.

#70 2 years ago

Terrible news. My condolences to his loved ones.

LTG : (

#71 2 years ago

Oh no! I'm so sad, I just received an order from him. Breaks my heart, it's usually never the biker, but those driving around not paying attention.

My thoughts are with his family

#72 2 years ago

I didn't know Mike, but this outpouring is a testament to how much he was loved and will be missed. RIP sir.

#73 2 years ago

Devastating news....

Peace & Love, Mike Chestnut

#74 2 years ago

My heart sank when I saw this thread.

My condolences to Mike's family. His plating work was top notch. RIP Mike. The pinball community just lost a true talent and a great friend.

#75 2 years ago

Very sad day today. He will be greatly missed. If you wanted the best, Mike Chestnut was the best in refurbishing pinball machines. We were very lucky to have him in Tennessee.

#76 2 years ago

I did not get a chance to meet him, but have heard many good things about him.

R.I.P.

#77 2 years ago

RIP Mike.You were a great craftsman and an even better human being.Such a terrible loss .

#78 2 years ago

Dang R.I.P. Mike his work was amazing and I always wanted to get some stuff done up by him. Sad day for the pinball community indeed

#79 2 years ago

Sad day for all, rest in peace Mike.

#80 2 years ago

RIP.
    Mike has always done great work for me. Very sad day.

#81 2 years ago

Oh man... Wow. He did amazing work, literally the best.

Just awful - RIP. Thoughts and prayers with his family.

#82 2 years ago

Mike will be greatly missed - he provided a great service to us all

#83 2 years ago

So sad to hear this. I just sent my first order to Mike for plating, (he received them on Monday). I was really looking forward to doing a lot of business w/ him in the near future.

RIP Mike, this hobby is really going to miss you.

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

So sad to hear this. I just sent my first order to Mike for plating, (he received them on Monday). I was really looking forward to doing a lot of business w/ him in the near future.
    RIP Mike, this hobby is really going to miss you.

You two would have gotten along very well; Indy 500 was his favorite game.

#85 2 years ago

God must have needed help restoring the pearly gates... gone but never forgotten - rest in peace Mike

#86 2 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

You two would have gotten along very well: Indy 500 was his favorite game, and he had all the 90s B/W A-list games in restored, pristine condition.

I was just thinking about that.

He had all the B/W pins universally regarded as great so I found that interesting that he would like I500 the most. He explained the reason was the difficulty in completing the 500 miles. Which is true; it's too difficult for me. But he had a thing for turbocharged bikes. I suspect it was seeing that turbocharger spin that struck a chord.

#87 2 years ago

What an amazing body of work he left behind. I didn't know him, but obviously know his work, and the high regard in which he is held by the people who did know him. May we all be inspired by what he achieved and may all those who want to gain fame and attention, please note that it is achieved by hard work and dedication, and carrying yourself in a manner that gains respect from others. I am showing my kids this thread as some message to them that a good man, when struck down, is remembered by his enduring good work and good character. I wish his family all the best.

#88 2 years ago

Sad whenever a life is cut short. He will be missed by many. My condolences to his family and friends.

#89 2 years ago

It's always a sad day when we lose a member of our pinball community. I'm sorry to say that I've only known Mike through reading of him for many years, the outpouring of respect I see here says all I need to know. RIP Mike.

Steve

#90 2 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

I was just thinking about that.
    He had all the B/W pins universally regarded as great so I found that interesting that he would like I500 the most. He explained the reason was the difficulty in completing the 500 miles. Which is true; it's too difficult for me. But he had a thing for turbocharged bikes. I suspect it was seeing that turbocharger spin that struck a chord.

Interesting. One thing about it that he told me was that he loved the multiball light show. Mike's I500 is/was a HUO, unfaded red cabinet version. Probably only a couple others like it in the world.

#91 2 years ago

I posted my respects earlier, but I just realized I don't currently have any games with Mike's work. He's done a ton of stuff for me, but mostly restorations I've done for other people. My favorite stuff was his black nickel shooters on IJ, GnR, STTNG, and he did a chrome FT shooter. Lots of wireforms, but my favorite was the black nickel wireforms on GnR. I believe my buddy still owns that game. I need to check.

I'm sure Mike's legacy goes beyond pinball, but for us, it lives on through all the games he made look great!

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

You two would have gotten along very well; Indy 500 was his favorite game.

Yep, he loved that game. I got to play his once and it is beautiful as is his entire collection. I don't think he has to many games left but what is left is absolutely perfect. All his games play perfect.

#93 2 years ago

Very sad news. I had a TZ and still have a BK2000 with his chrome work all over it. Prayers for his family, RIP

#94 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Died doing something he loved. My condolences to his family & friends.
    When I die I hope it's on my bike.

Agreed, that's the way I want to go out - sad for the pinball community, sorry for his family. I remember meeting up with him one time at Expo and he realized it has my motorcycle parked out front. His comment was "I'm from down south and I stopped riding a month ago, you're an idiot."

#95 2 years ago

Oh my goodness, such incredibly sad news.

Mike was an extremely selfless person. Think about that. I don't mean in business, but in the communities he was involved in. Such a nice guy.

He was also brilliant. He will be missed.

#96 2 years ago

I just spoke with him last week - what great guy. Rest in peace Mike and God bless your family and friends. You will be sorely missed by all.

#97 2 years ago

WOW... I didn't know Mike personally, but felt like I knew him like family thru Pinside. Very sad indeed. My thoughts and prayers to him & his family.

#98 2 years ago

Shiny pin-parts around the world just got a bit duller...

R.I.P. Mike.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 41.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    Cabinet - Toppers
    liorillusion
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 17.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Lermods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside