3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by NimblePin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Mike was killed in a motorcycle accident last night,and I
    always considered Mike to be one of the good guys in this
    hobby.I know he always did quality work for myself and others on this site Will miss you Mike

#2 3 years ago

Wow..... that sucks. He was an asset to this hobby. He had done plating work for me as well. Only met him in person a couple times, but it was always a pleasure. Rest in peace Mike.
    Jaz

#3 3 years ago

Wow, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He was a fantastic and valuable asset to this hobby, he will be sorely missed.

#4 3 years ago

That's horrible.
    He was a great guy to deal with.

RIP

#6 3 years ago

Incredibly sad. My thoughts and prayers will be with his family and friends.

Marcus

#7 3 years ago

Very, Very sorry to read this.

RIP

#8 3 years ago

Terrible... absolutely terrible. I always enjoyed my visits with Mike. He will be missed.

#9 3 years ago

Died doing something he loved. My condolences to his family & friends.
    When I die I hope it's on my bike.

#10 3 years ago

Mike was a good friend of mine. We just drove to Texas and back together to go to TPF. I'm really going to miss him.

#11 3 years ago

Holy crap. Didn't know him, but knew of his work beautifying many machines. Very sad. Praying for his family and friends.

#12 3 years ago

What horrible news, My sincere condolences to his family and friends. Mike was a huge asset to the hobby. As a life long biker, this really hits home for all of us that participate in both hobbies. A tremendous loss...so sad.

#13 3 years ago

Mike left a legacy of many beautiful games across the country. I'm sad to hear that his life was cut short.

#14 3 years ago

Awful news. Thanks for letting us know, though.

#16 3 years ago

I haven't met Mike but I know he was a huge asset to the pinball community and his plating work was second to none. My condolences to his friends and family.

#17 3 years ago

Jesus. In my limited dealings with him, I found him to be as nice of a guy as they come. Heartbroken for his family and friends.

#18 3 years ago

Wow how sad. We were just emailing back and forth last week. Mike you will be missed

#19 3 years ago

I found out last night, but didn't want to post anything.

I've known Mike for 12 years or so and met him through this hobby and I certainly consider him a good friend. Mike has not only helped me with my game repair, but also was willing to mentor me through a play field swap at his shop and fielded a lot of questions and offered a lot of advice over the years. Mike and I took a road trip or two and bought numerous pinball machines to bring back and fix up. Mike will be missed.

My hesitancy in posting last night is I imagine Mike was in the process of plating items for several fellow hobbyist. I wanted to talk with his Dad first and see if he would like some assistance in sorting out status of orders and trying to get everything back to everyone.

Mike was always working on something, so there will be a few due-outs. Please for the sake of Mike's family, have a little patience and give them their space to grieve.

Rest In Peace Brother. Mike - I pray that God will welcome you into his Kingdom and help to heal your parent's broken hearts.

Bob

#20 3 years ago

Sad.
    Rest in peace.

Christopher Hutchins

#21 3 years ago

So sad.
    Wishing his family nothing but the best.

#22 3 years ago

Mike did amazing work and was invaluable to the pinball community. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

#23 3 years ago

a very sad day indeed. thoughts and prayers go out to his family and close friends

I never got around to doing any business with him, but 'mike chestnut' was synonymous with "chrome plating". he will be sorely missed

#24 3 years ago

Wow this is terrible news

#25 3 years ago

Terrible news. Mike was a great guy. I live pretty close to Mike's place, so if I can help in anyway please let me know.

#26 3 years ago

Man......
    He was always helpful and great guy to deal with all my games

#27 3 years ago

Wow, what horrible news. Mike was always a pleasure to do business with, and in all my interactions with him, he always came across as a really good guy. I'm going to treasure all the wire forms and other items in my machines that I got from Mike. May he rest in peace. My sincere heartfelt condolences go out to all his family, friends, and customers. The world needs more guys like Mike Chestnut!!!!

#28 3 years ago

Absolute proof that only the good die young.

Rest well my friend.

#29 3 years ago

Shocked and sad to hear this, never met him in person but he was a great guy to work with and will be greatly missed.

#31 3 years ago

RIP

He was a Pinball legend!

#32 3 years ago

Wow. This topic literally wiped a smile off my face. Sad news

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bobby:

I found out last night, but didn't want to post anything.
    I've known Mike for 12 years or so and met him through this hobby and I certainly consider him a good friend. Mike has not only helped me with my game repair, but also was willing to mentor me through a play field swap at his shop and fielded a lot of questions and offered a lot of advice over the years. Mike and I took a road trip or two and bought numerous pinball machines to bring back and fix up. Mike will be missed.
    My hesitancy in posting last night is I imagine Mike was in the process of plating items for several fellow hobbyist. I wanted to talk with his Dad first and see if he would like some assistance in sorting out status of orders and trying to get everything back to everyone.
    Mike was always working on something, so there will be a few due-outs. Please for the sake of Mike's family, have a little patience and give them their space to grieve.
    Rest In Peace Brother. Mike - I pray that God will welcome you into his Kingdom and help to heal your parent's broken hearts.
    Bob

Good point. Make sure the word gets out for people to give the family time to sort out his affairs. When someone is sick there is more time to prepare and for a person to get their affairs in order and still it is still big when it happens. Something like this is such a shock.

Rest In Peace.

Edit: New thread for the family - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mike-chestnut-from-his-family-1

#34 3 years ago

This is very sad news for everyone who knew Mike. The majority of my pinball collection has trim that was chromed by Mike. Mike was always very easy to work with and he did beautiful work. He will be greatly missed.

Gord

#36 3 years ago

very sad. My condolences.
    faz

#37 3 years ago

Saddened to read this. I've been in the hobby for less than a year and that's been long enough to see and hear about all of his great work and what a great guy he was. My condolences to his friends and family.

#38 3 years ago

Sad news ... RIP

#41 3 years ago

Horrible news. He was very kind in emails and to do business with. RIP.

#42 3 years ago

Fing sucks. Hobby lost a good one. RIP.

#43 3 years ago

Mike did work for me in the past, as he has for many people on here. When I was at TPF, I annoyed Bryan Kelly and Kerry Stair so that they could point him out for me. When I met him, I thanked him for the incredible work he did for me...and I'm glad I was able to do that. He told me he didn't wear his nametag at the show because people would talk to him while taking a piss in the bathroom and start asking him to do work for them while he was trying to finish his business. THAT'S how good he was - people would even interrupt his piss to get him to do work for them. Rest in peace, Mike...your memory lives on in the work you did on my IJ, and I'll think of you every time I look at it. I'm so thankful to have met you!

#44 3 years ago

His beautiful work will live on in many games. He will be missed.

RIP.

EDIT - link to other thread with message from his family - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mike-chestnut-from-his-family-1

#45 3 years ago

This is terrible. Prayers for his family and loved ones.

#46 3 years ago

It would be a nice tribute to Mike if we could all do something for his family. I would be in

#47 3 years ago

WOW terrible! May he RIP.

#48 3 years ago

Only heard great things about him....RIP Mike

#49 3 years ago

My heart aches to hear this. He's done a lot of work for me over the years, and we just exchanged several emails on Saturday. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

#50 3 years ago

Oof, that hurts. I know firsthand what a sudden accidental death does to a family, my heart goes out to Mike's as well as to his friends and fans of his work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.95
    $ 10.00
    Tools
    Granby Games
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    $ 11.95
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 169.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    € 12.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Multigame
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 3.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 139.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside