7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by sgorsuch
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sgorsuch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hello,
I recently posted in the PM club, but any response has yet to come forth...starting to wonder if it is a secret society. I was volunteering for the Arcade Expo as a tech to give some TLC to the games. In the PM game there I noticed the magic wand frozen in one position and the diverter never sent the ball to the wand.

In the Magic wand test mode - by pressing the start button the wand magnet is energized for 2 seconds. We found no voltage present. Looking at the wiring at the driver board, we discovered that someone prior has landed the J21 connector onto the J20 pins, and the J20 connector on the J21 pins.
Once the correction was made- the wand returned to the left side ,and appeared to play correctly. Once the LOCK 1 and 2 lights on the ramp were lit- the balls now were diverted to the wand and the magnet worked properly. It seems that by completing all the drop targets to complete MAGIC prompted the wand to change positions between the left and right sides.

Still a little puzzled by the manual- as it shows a resistor at all the switches in the matrix. This however is not the case on this game- the only switches that I saw that had a resistor were the Start Button and the Continue Button.

The game appears to me to be playing correctly- I did see some other work in the game the raised my eyebrows- such as the abandoning of an OPTO switch in the top hat and the use on a wire switch- i assumed that maybe someone could not find this part available and got creative.

My biggest question is :
Is the manual schematic correct? Where are all these resistors, If they were removed- as I do not know the history of this game- why would the game play without them. I looked at the stand-up targets from Marco- and they sell them with the resistors installed.

Thanks for any response...

Cheers

#3 7 years ago

Awesome- Thanks AXL

#5 7 years ago

Thanks cody- i will check on Friday when i head up to the Expo.The schematic indicates that the 2.2K ohm resistor is in parallel with the common and NO side of the switch at each switch location. We shall see.

2 months later
#6 6 years ago

I recently purchased a game of my own and I did purchase a manual from Marco Specialties and found that the schematic for the switch matrix does not have resistors at each switch as was shown in the manual that I downloaded from IPMD.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!
Playfields
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 209.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sgorsuch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resistors-in-the-switch-matrix-for-capcom-pinball-magic?tu=sgorsuch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.