5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Swainer80
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1546659449479581646259 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

I have an open 3 ohm, 5 watt resistor (the blocky white cement type) used for a flash circuit in a Space Station. I blindly ordered a 3 ohm, 5 watt resistor and it is not what was expected (it is the round type and significantly smaller then the original type). I was wondering if there is much difference between the two (they both seem to be wire wound) and if the smaller round resistor is acceptable to use as a replacement. Any thoughts?

As long as the rating for ohms and watts (power dissipation) are the same, I have no problem substituting one for the other. Mostly the two just are different in construction and price, and there are no critical differences for the application of pinball.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

The one redeeming factor is that this is in a flash lamp circuit which doesn't run continuously.

That's why I said it isn't a problem to sub in this case.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resistor-type?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.