I have a resistor burning up on a Mata Hari solid state. Resistor R18 which is on the outhole kicker circuit. If I disconnect the wire to the outhole kicker coil, the resistor does not burn. I replaced the wire from point to point, it still burns. I have also fixed/replaced:
1. Playfield fuse holder and fuse.
2. All fuses at power board and fuse on solenoid driver board.
3. Molex connector at J1 on solenoid driver board
4. C4 capacitor and CR4 diode on same circuit at solenoid driver board.
5. Replaced coil at outhole with knocker coil in game (basically the same coil)
6. New doide at outhole kicker coil and EOS switch at outhole.
7. Replaced U1 chip
MPU works properly and gives all 7 flashes. With disconnected outhole coil game starts up and plays perfectly (minus kicker not working of course).
Does anyone have any idea what could keep causing this resistor to burn up? Thanks!