7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by YZRider926
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I can't describe the absolute terror this game is in VR. When I first started, I literally paced back and forth before getting the courage to go in the pitch black hallway it's that real and immersive. Game is almost too scary to continue playing that I gave up a few times.

Picture being in a real world horror house - it's insane. I've owned all three VR systems (still have oculus) - and this experience is top notch the best horror experience I've encountered. Again - almost too real. Give it a try if you can.

#5 7 years ago

sorry guys - this is playstation VR. You need a PS4 and a camera. No need for the wands as you use the controller. I've been playing videogames for 25 years now and this game is absolutely horrifying. It's a whole new experience similar to mario 64. I bought the psvr just to try it b/c I heard so much good feedback and unlike a lot of the things you read online, this delivered and then some. Def the most impactfull game experience I've had in some time. One of those games that will leave an impression on you and you'll look back and say remember that? I can't see anyone saying they've experienced this before.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

» YouTube video
Not the best reviews

not sure where this is coming from as it's the best reviewed RE in some time and that's without VR. If you have any interest at all in VR, hold off playing it until you can play in VR so all the surprises remain intact. I wouldn't change the default settings either as the way it's setup really makes getting sick a thing of the past.

I just can't see someone not being impressed by this. Even shooting is easier since you use your head to move the target. This is still controller based - NO move controllers required.

If any of you guys get it, lmk what you think

#28 7 years ago

Excited to hear your impressions.

It does suck that it's not avail on PC. It would be ideal with PC specs/more power and I like the oculus better than PSVR. I actually bought the PSVR just for it and will likely sell it once I'm done b/c I don't need two. No regrets dropping the cash just for the experience though, it's that good.

Game is not short - 10hrs and I don't want to spoil but you def CAN damage family. Def. Like in very __ ___. Trust me - one of the scenes with them is so awesome I don't even want to begin explaining it. Actually 2 scenes and I'm about half way in.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Excited to hear your impressions.
It does suck that it's not avail on PC. It would be ideal with PC specs/more power and I like the oculus better than PSVR. I actually bought the PSVR just for it and will likely sell it once I'm done b/c I don't need two. No regrets dropping the cash just for the experience though, it's that good.
Game is not short - 10hrs and I don't want to spoil but you def can't damage family. Def.

EDIT - you def CAN damage Family.

#36 7 years ago

I'm playing on the pro. I would recommend pro if you can get it. It runs better.

RE has been garbage since 4 (IMO) so I was so happy to see this game really return to form. It's like the feeling of RE1 but living it. If you're not scared, you might be dead inside.

The entry cost in this is not low but this is a pinball site so I think we all appreciate entry cost. PSVR is pretty hot right now so selling it afterwards should put you in an OK position.

As for needing WANDS - if you plan on keeping the PSVR, you should def get them as they lead to you being able to further interact (with your hands) although it's not used in RE.

The only downside is that sometimes it's literally too scary to the point that it sometimes feels like I'm putting myself through a fear simulator b/c you know something bad is going to happen. Again - it's not for the faint of heart but once you get through the spot, it's really rewarding.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

Plus you can now play Pinball FX 2 on PSVR and that is a cool experience as well. Pinball FX 2 is actually on sale right now on the PSN store, as are the add-ons (keep in mind the VR versions are more expensive then then original and there is no cross compatibility so you have to rebuy the tables which sucks).
But back on topic RE7 in VR is crazy scary and I can't do it for longer then 5min at a time lol...I'm only about 20min in because of it. I want to play it, but I'm too scared to do it! That's how scary it is! Amazing experience all around though.

yep - it's real deal. Again - no spoilers but literally the game began and when you need to step into the house, it's so dark inside I just looked down that dark hall way and was like I want none of that and walked the other way. Then I remembered this is a videogame so what was I going to do - turn it off? I thought about it, walked literally back and forth and said screw it and walked in and been terrified throughout.

#52 7 years ago

I'm still waiting for pinball arcade to get their act together as VR is expected to be incorporated soon. VR pinball is very impressive.

As for buying this for RE7, buy everything used if you can to save a little. Tought to do for psvr but I would think you can score pro's for a little cheaper.

As someone who has no intent to keep the psvr, the game is special enough just to buy on its own and then sell later if you need to.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Sony mom will be visiting this weekend and she's never tried VR. I'm going to let her try Resident Evil 7. I have it saved right at the beginning before you go back down the basement stairs.

might want to let her "breath" a little in VR before going full throttle!!!

#64 7 years ago

Xbox doesn't have VR in the works though....at least no public announcement

#76 7 years ago

Defeated the game last night. Great from start to finish! I need a break though - horror overload.

I'm going to sell the PSVR, camera and game if anyone is interested. Rather local but would ship (prob what I paid for all it - $525 total). 3 weeks old. PM if interested.

I hope they release it on the rift so I can play the DLC when I'm ready to play some more.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Why not hang onto it for the new Red Dead game?

red dead is going VR? hmmmmmm. Let me check it out!

2 weeks later
#88 7 years ago

if anyone is interested in buying the psvr, RE7 and camera, lmk. Prob do it 460 plus shipping. thanks

basically new - just played to beat RE7. Already own rift.

2 weeks later
#91 7 years ago

new feature with latest firmware

#101 7 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I haven't played a PSVR but I have played on the Oculus Rift this weekend and it blew my mind. I am now currently shopping for a set up. I would be curious to see how the PSVR compares.

I had both at one point. Still own the oculus. IMO the oculus was the better headset b/c of the weight (or lackthereof) of the headset and the graphics/display fidelity. The quality of your experience will depend on the computer you have. Mine is running a 1080 gtx which is top line (although 1080ti was just announced so that will change!) and the quality is threw the roof. The touch controllers on it are also top notch and blow out the psvr's move controllers. That being said, I was surprised at how serviceable that the psvr was during RE7. It held its own and would def be a good alternative if you already have a ps4.

Now - let's talk about getting your indiana jones to pittsburgh ; ) good luck.

9 months later
#130 6 years ago

10 months ago and still my best game experience this yeah vr resident evil. Wow

#132 6 years ago

Not nearly as scary. Been there done that. VR mode....I still think about how scary that was. Terrifying

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resident-evil-7-in-vr-amazing-must-play?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.