7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by YZRider926
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

I can't describe the absolute terror this game is in VR. When I first started, I literally paced back and forth before getting the courage to go in the pitch black hallway it's that real and immersive. Game is almost too scary to continue playing that I gave up a few times.

Picture being in a real world horror house - it's insane. I've owned all three VR systems (still have oculus) - and this experience is top notch the best horror experience I've encountered. Again - almost too real. Give it a try if you can.

#2 7 years ago

Nice, I gotta check this out...I played the demo and couldn't believe how good it was...VR is legit

#3 7 years ago

What system is it on and what is your favorite system thus far?

#4 7 years ago

Im guessing this is playstation 4? My son has been talking about it.

#5 7 years ago

sorry guys - this is playstation VR. You need a PS4 and a camera. No need for the wands as you use the controller. I've been playing videogames for 25 years now and this game is absolutely horrifying. It's a whole new experience similar to mario 64. I bought the psvr just to try it b/c I heard so much good feedback and unlike a lot of the things you read online, this delivered and then some. Def the most impactfull game experience I've had in some time. One of those games that will leave an impression on you and you'll look back and say remember that? I can't see anyone saying they've experienced this before.

#6 7 years ago

Wow, you basically pushed me over the edge on this purchase; I have to get one.

Are the wands useful for other games? Or do most just use the controller?

#7 7 years ago

I am considering the psvr to try the racing game (drive club). I have the racing wheel and love cars on the ps. Been seeing comments on the resident evil vr and it looks like we finally reach a very good level of realism.
Your feed back helped a lot on my decision. Gonna wait for a promo and buy it. (because I only have the ps3 so I will have to buy the ps4 also haha)

#8 7 years ago

I only played the demo on my PC......and my heart was racing. I can only imagine it being in VR!!

#9 7 years ago

Good to hear Capcom is back on track. RE6 was pretty terrible.

Maybe they'll remake 4 for VR. Even another RE1 remake could be cool in VR.

#10 7 years ago

I have resisted the PS VR so far but I must say that this game is tempting me to get it. I've picked up the game already as it's supposed to be good even without VR. Haven't started it yet though. It's on the ever growing pile of games I might get around to playing one day.

#11 7 years ago

Not the best reviews

Quoted from thedefog:

Good to hear Capcom is back on track. RE6 was pretty terrible.
Maybe they'll remake 4 for VR. Even another RE1 remake could be cool in VR.

#12 7 years ago

Oh yeah, I played the demo and loved it. I'm getting it soon. Best one since the 4th and looks like a mix of what made resident evil one and four so great

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

» YouTube video
Not the best reviews

not sure where this is coming from as it's the best reviewed RE in some time and that's without VR. If you have any interest at all in VR, hold off playing it until you can play in VR so all the surprises remain intact. I wouldn't change the default settings either as the way it's setup really makes getting sick a thing of the past.

I just can't see someone not being impressed by this. Even shooting is easier since you use your head to move the target. This is still controller based - NO move controllers required.

If any of you guys get it, lmk what you think

#14 7 years ago

Is this game good? I heard it was really short and basically devoid of any zombies at all. It was really just a hide and chase with the family members who can't be hurt. Is that accurate?

#15 7 years ago

I gotta say this whole VR thing is a game changer. I played my cousin's Vive a couple times in the past month and it is incredible. I did the star wars demo and it was amazing. Then I did Google Earth VR and went and visited my neighborhood, Yosemite, and a few other national parks in a few minutes. I'll be buying my set up in the next few months.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can't describe the absolute terror this game is in VR. When I first started, I literally paced back and forth before getting the courage to go in the pitch black hallway it's that real and immersive. Game is almost too scary to continue playing that I gave up a few times.
Picture being in a real world horror house - it's insane. I've owned all three VR systems (still have oculus) - and this experience is top notch the best horror experience I've encountered. Again - almost too real. Give it a try if you can.

Are you playing on the PlayStation 4 standard or the PlayStation 4 Pro?

#17 7 years ago

What does it use The camera for?

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What does it use The camera for?

Visual tracking. The camera is required for all VR games.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've been dismissing VR recently. Your comments are pretty compelling.

I also see that they are FINALLY bringing back Ace Combat...in VR, so now I might have a reason to look at this seriously!

#20 7 years ago

VR from Sony is plain awesome! Had it since xmas. Will go pick this one up now.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

I gotta say this whole VR thing is a game changer.

Ditto..I've been saying the same thing.

#22 7 years ago

I've had PlayStation Pro VR since it first came out and I am loving it. I bought resident evil but I have yet to start it due to my kids always being around. I played the demo and it was scary as hell and I loved every minute of it.

#23 7 years ago

Attention : This thread will cost you money.

Pushed me over the edge. I'll be back when i play it.

#24 7 years ago

I don't have VR, but would you recommend this game regardless?

#25 7 years ago

kinda want to play this game

kinda want psvr

but I'm a cheap ass so ill just wait

For as much of nerd that I am, I still have yet to experience any of the new vr systems. one of these days

#26 7 years ago

I am excited to play it! I got the game for my playstation and got VR, I have been busy and haven't played RE yet but tonight I am going to get it going. I didn't know if RE was going to be any good in VR. Thanks for the review

#27 7 years ago

Not available for VR on the PC? Lame. Guess I'll just have to stick to Arizona Sunshine.

#28 7 years ago

Excited to hear your impressions.

It does suck that it's not avail on PC. It would be ideal with PC specs/more power and I like the oculus better than PSVR. I actually bought the PSVR just for it and will likely sell it once I'm done b/c I don't need two. No regrets dropping the cash just for the experience though, it's that good.

Game is not short - 10hrs and I don't want to spoil but you def CAN damage family. Def. Like in very __ ___. Trust me - one of the scenes with them is so awesome I don't even want to begin explaining it. Actually 2 scenes and I'm about half way in.

#29 7 years ago

We have a Vive and love it.
Zen Pinball is stunning as is the Google Earth mentioned above.
Would love to play Resident Evil though.

#30 7 years ago

Also interested now. I played through the demo quite a few times, but haven't sprung for VR yet. I couldnt see upgrading to the ps4 Pro and purchasing the headset just for this though...

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Are you trying to sell me on the game, or keep me away from it? Why would I want to do this? Sounds fucking terrible. I guess I'm nuts, I sorta like when video games are fun.

#32 7 years ago

So you have to buy the PS4 console and camera first, then the VR pack to play these VR games correct?What's the difference between a standard 500 GB PS4 and the pro console?

#33 7 years ago

I played the previous resident evil & holy crap was it terrible. I felt really let down since I've pretty much played all the one's prior. It's good to know they came back. I don't play video games that much anymore, only if they are truly deserving of the time, looks like this one might be. Ever since I got into to pinball, feels like I'm always restoring, fixing etc..., but that's half the fun.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It does suck that it's not avail on PC. It would be ideal with PC specs/more power and I like the oculus better than PSVR. I actually bought the PSVR just for it and will likely sell it once I'm done b/c I don't need two. No regrets dropping the cash just for the experience though, it's that good.
Game is not short - 10hrs and I don't want to spoil but you def can't damage family. Def.

Are you playing on the standard Ps4 or the pro?

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Game is not short - 10hrs and I don't want to spoil but you def can't damage family. Def.

EDIT - you def CAN damage Family.

#36 7 years ago

I'm playing on the pro. I would recommend pro if you can get it. It runs better.

RE has been garbage since 4 (IMO) so I was so happy to see this game really return to form. It's like the feeling of RE1 but living it. If you're not scared, you might be dead inside.

The entry cost in this is not low but this is a pinball site so I think we all appreciate entry cost. PSVR is pretty hot right now so selling it afterwards should put you in an OK position.

As for needing WANDS - if you plan on keeping the PSVR, you should def get them as they lead to you being able to further interact (with your hands) although it's not used in RE.

The only downside is that sometimes it's literally too scary to the point that it sometimes feels like I'm putting myself through a fear simulator b/c you know something bad is going to happen. Again - it's not for the faint of heart but once you get through the spot, it's really rewarding.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm playing on the pro. I would recommend pro if you can get it. It runs better.
RE has been garbage since 4 (IMO) so I was so happy to see this game really return to form. It's like the feeling of RE1 but living it. If you're not scared, you might be dead inside.
The entry cost in this is not low but this is a pinball site so I think we all appreciate entry cost. PSVR is pretty hot right now so selling it afterwards should put you in an OK position.

I have it on the PS Standard (with VR), and I'm thinking of holding off on playing it until I get the pro. From what I've seen online, it does look better on the Pro.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I have it on the PS Standard (with VR), and I'm thinking of holding off on playing it until I get the pro. From what I've seen online, it does look better on the Pro.

No , you have to play it so others (um myself) can learn if its acceptable on the regular ps4

I can't believe i have to buy another ps4 (pro) now.

#39 7 years ago

Plus you can now play Pinball FX 2 on PSVR and that is a cool experience as well. Pinball FX 2 is actually on sale right now on the PSN store, as are the add-ons (keep in mind the VR versions are more expensive then then original and there is no cross compatibility so you have to rebuy the tables which sucks).

But back on topic RE7 in VR is crazy scary and I can't do it for longer then 5min at a time lol...I'm only about 20min in because of it. I want to play it, but I'm too scared to do it! That's how scary it is! Amazing experience all around though.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

Plus you can now play Pinball FX 2 on PSVR and that is a cool experience as well. Pinball FX 2 is actually on sale right now on the PSN store, as are the add-ons (keep in mind the VR versions are more expensive then then original and there is no cross compatibility so you have to rebuy the tables which sucks).
But back on topic RE7 in VR is crazy scary and I can't do it for longer then 5min at a time lol...I'm only about 20min in because of it. I want to play it, but I'm too scared to do it! That's how scary it is! Amazing experience all around though.

yep - it's real deal. Again - no spoilers but literally the game began and when you need to step into the house, it's so dark inside I just looked down that dark hall way and was like I want none of that and walked the other way. Then I remembered this is a videogame so what was I going to do - turn it off? I thought about it, walked literally back and forth and said screw it and walked in and been terrified throughout.

#41 7 years ago

Lol....that's funny as shit man.

#42 7 years ago

Ok I just played the first 30 min and let me say this is one amazing game in VR. My heart was beating like crazy the whole time. It is so immersive you feel like you are in that disgusting house. I give it a 10

#43 7 years ago

fawk you for making me want to spend $1200 on a video game system I wasn't planning on buying.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

fawk you for making me want to spend $1200 on a video game system I wasn't planning on buying.

I have an Xbox One, is it really $1200 for PS4 Pro and stuff to experience this game?

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I have an Xbox One, is it really $1200 for PS4 Pro and stuff to experience this game?

yea, I just pissed away about an hour and a half looking for the best prices on the bundles for PS4. Seems you could go a little cheaper

$400 for PS4 pro
$400-500 for the VR bundle
$60 for the game.

Seems cheaper to buy things separately than it is with the bundles. But some of the bundles come with 7 or 8 VR games, Which then becomes cheaper. Those are around $1200-1400

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea, I just pissed away about an hour and a half looking for the best prices on the bundles for PS4. Seems you could go a little cheaper
$400 for PS4 pro
$400-500 for the VR bundle
$60 for the game.
Seems cheaper to buy things separately than it is with the bundles. But some of the bundles come with 7 or 8 VR games, Which then becomes cheaper. Those are around $1200-1400

Compared to pinball, this stuff seems cheap. Hell, $299 for the Nintendo Switch seems "free" when you're buying ColorDMD for $399.

#47 7 years ago

Great Game in VR ! Go and get it !

#48 7 years ago

I'm looking forward to the sequel to "The Last of Us," which is rumored to be VR-compatible (makes perfect sense).

#49 7 years ago

FYI-
PS4 VR bundles should be back in stock at normal prices ($499) in the next few days. The bundle is the way to go if you're thinking of hopping on the Sony VR wagon.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Compared to pinball, this stuff seems cheap. Hell, $299 for the Nintendo Switch seems "free" when you're buying ColorDMD for $399.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

My friends have all been debating on whether to buy the Switch or not. "Think I'll just wait until the price drop..." Then I think of my pinball addiction. New in box games. ColorDMD. Parts orders that are always over $100 and a box turns up with rubbers, switches and a single coil.

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resident-evil-7-in-vr-amazing-must-play?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.