7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by YZRider926
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I haven't played a PSVR but I have played on the Oculus Rift this weekend and it blew my mind. I am now currently shopping for a set up. I would be curious to see how the PSVR compares.

I had both at one point. Still own the oculus. IMO the oculus was the better headset b/c of the weight (or lackthereof) of the headset and the graphics/display fidelity. The quality of your experience will depend on the computer you have. Mine is running a 1080 gtx which is top line (although 1080ti was just announced so that will change!) and the quality is threw the roof. The touch controllers on it are also top notch and blow out the psvr's move controllers. That being said, I was surprised at how serviceable that the psvr was during RE7. It held its own and would def be a good alternative if you already have a ps4.

Now - let's talk about getting your indiana jones to pittsburgh ; ) good luck.

#102 7 years ago

I absolutely LOVE Driveclub VR. Driving the Caterham (that has no mirrors) is a blast as you are looking all around you for where the other cars are.

Shame Project Cars isn't coming to PSVR.

A golf game would be fantastic too.

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think twitch shooters might not work well in VR because the fast movement is going to disorientate many really quick. VR movement needs to be slow or mostly stationary for most to tolerate it.
I think I would like to pick up BattleZone VR and maybe get REZ VR. It's kind of slim pickings for games right now and that doesn't seem like it's going to change much soon.
Rob

Yeah, I can't argue that. I think that is why Rush of Blood works much better for me. Your in the cart so it give you that stationary feeling and less disorientating. You get to blast away the hordes. Don't get me wrong RE7 is a great game just in VR it's a little too creepy and disgusting to actually enjoy playing. Playing it for an hour feels like you have lived the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. That's just not how I like to unwind with a little gaming in my evenings.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Don't get me wrong RE7 is a great game just in VR it's a little too creepy and disgusting to actually enjoy playing. Playing it for an hour feels like you have lived the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

that's no joke, i couldn't wait to finish the game without VR!

#105 7 years ago

I tried playing RE7 tonight, but right away the VR was giving me moderate feelings of vertigo. I have never had any problems with 3d movies or video games, but this is certainly different. I think I'm going to return it to the store and see if I can get my money back. If they won't take it back then I'll just sell it used. I bought it at London Drugs so I might be ok returning it. If it was Best Buy, I know for sure you cannot return it there.

Rob

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I tried playing RE7 tonight, but right away the VR was giving me moderate feelings of vertigo. I have never had any problems with 3d movies or video games, but this is certainly different. I think I'm going to return it to the store and see if I can get my money back. If they won't take it back then I'll just sell it used. I bought it at London Drugs so I might be ok returning it. If it was Best Buy, I know for sure you cannot return it there.
Rob

Try playing in non-VR.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Try playing in non-VR.

I'll do that, but in the mean time I am still returning the headset. The fact that it doesn't pass through HDR is a huge PITA since I'm also playing Horizon Zero Dawn which does support VR. I can't return the game anyhow.

Rob

#108 7 years ago

Bought Pinball FX VR earlier and it is really good. Really gives the impression of having a physical pinball machine in front of you.

#109 7 years ago

I returned the PSVR. It's a good thing I didn't get it from Best Buy or otherwise I would have been stuck with it.

I picked up a Gear VR headset for my S7 edge and it works really well. The adjustable focus means I don't even have to wear my glasses when I put the headset on which is a huge bonus! It may not replace something like an oculus rift or PSVR, but it would rather complement it because it's portable. It's very comfortable to wear and doesn't pinch the nose like the PSVR does. As for games, I have not even looked into that yet and I'm not expecting much on android.

Rob

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I haven't played a PSVR but I have played on the Oculus Rift this weekend and it blew my mind. I am now currently shopping for a set up. I would be curious to see how the PSVR compares.

Also, has anyone played the ORift vs. HVive?

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Also, has anyone played the ORift vs. HVive?

FYI, Oculus just dropped the price of their stuff to try and 'catch up' in the market.

Rob

3 weeks later
#112 7 years ago

I played around with Samsung Gear VR and it's just not the same, so I picked up another PSVR. I played some Battlezone and that game is really fun!

With an HDMI coupler and using another HDMI input, I can now (more easily) switch between PSVR and PS HDR.

The only thing of concern is how well Sony supports PSVR or whether they just abandon like they have some other products.

GearVR, the homepage/store is really lacking, clumsy to use and poor looking. I understand it's updated for the S8 now (getting my S8+ on monday). The GearVR itself rested too much on my face/cheeks and it always felt like my lower eyelids were being pulled down which was very uncomfortable!

Rob

#113 7 years ago

I just finally completed resident evil biohazard on madhouse difficulty!
It took me a long time!

Anybody else man up yet?

Any of you finish in under 4 hours?
That's my next goal, my best is 6 hours.

RVH

#114 7 years ago

I've been playing Battlezone VR.... now this is a really fun game! It's coming out for PC soon as well.

Maybe we should try some multiplayer if anyone is interested. I haven't tried that yet myself.

Rob

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I've been playing Battlezone VR.... now this is a really fun game! It's coming out for PC soon as well.
Maybe we should try some multiplayer if anyone is interested. I haven't tried that yet myself.
Rob

Did you snag it at Best Buy during the VIP sale? I grabbed it for $29.99, marked as $50 dollars off, it was overdue for a price drop though but still a good deal.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Did you snag it at Best Buy during the VIP sale? I grabbed it for $29.99, marked as $50 dollars off, it was overdue for a price drop though but still a good deal.

I got it for $39 the day before, but didn't have time to go back and price match to $29.

I'm having an issue with the game now where when I start it, it shows a screen that says I have to make sure the psvr is visible to the camera. So I have to stand up and then it proceeds to the game menu. Originally I didn't have to do that, but after running the stupid light calibration routine now I have to. I have readjusted the camera and recalibrated the lights multiple times with no improvement. I sit about 7 feet back and think I might need to be a little closer. At that range the tracking can go off center after a while. When I moved closer, it was much better. But I still can't avoid that darn message when I star the game.

Rob

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm having an issue with the game now where when I start it, it shows a screen that says I have to make sure the psvr is visible to the camera.

I bought another camera to try and have determined the original camera that came with my PSVR is defective. The 2 lenses are supposed to help track 3D 'depth', but it never seemed to work quite right no matter how much I moved or calibrated the camera. People having tracking issues most likely have bad cameras.

Rob

7 months later
#119 6 years ago

I’ll bet it is.
This game is amazing even without the VR. that is how I played it.
There is a new free download called “not a hero” with a Chris Redfield mission I hear.

#120 6 years ago

I have it for PSVR and it was scary enough I didn't want to go downstairs and see what was there early in the game so I stopped playing (and admittedly it was making me too motion sick with the settings I had, so that probably had a lot to do with it as well ).

I may go back to it one day, but there has been enough other VR content I haven't felt the need (and I don't play a lot).

But RE7 VR is a legit experience... I probably have every second of game that I did play scarred into my memory.

#121 6 years ago

Can I play this game on my PS4 Slim, or do you need a Pro?

#122 6 years ago

I think you need a Xbox?
God google it!

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

I think you need a Xbox?

No, you can definitely play it on the PS4. I was just wondering if the Slim is powerful enough to run the game in VR, and if so, how it looks. I'm not about to upgrade to a Pro for just this game.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

No, you can definitely play it on the PS4. I was just wondering if the Slim is powerful enough to run the game in VR, and if so, how it looks. I'm not about to upgrade to a Pro for just this game.

Short answer is yes i have a standard ps4 and it looked top tier compared to other psvr titles.

#125 6 years ago

It looks slightly sharper and runs a bit smoother on the Pro. I played through the first half in VR on an old launch PS4 and I'm now playing it on a Pro I got during the BF sales. Skyrim VR also looks noticeable better to me on the Pro. Buying a Pro isn't a bad idea if you're going to play a lot of VR but not required.

#126 6 years ago

I've been walking around that damn house looking for a key I can't find. Finally gave up . mainly because the game scares the crap out of me.

Remember hiding upstairs near grandma's room on the balcony, when I peeked around the corner and saw the dad calling me out. I had to take the head set off for a minute... luckily when I put it back on he was gone. Not knowing where he is, can be even worse.

Played one game on PSVR at a friends house, super hot. The one where it's like the matrix kind of. That game was a blast.

#127 6 years ago

Until Dawn: Rush Of Blood is another fantastic VR game. Even though it's 'on rails', if you like creepy carnival rides and roller coasters, you should enjoy this! It's free to download (still I think) if you have PSPlus.

Doom VFR is good, but isn't a 'whole game'. I want more!

Last Guardian VFR demo is garbage. Why bother making this demo if they have no plans to actually make the whole game VR?

Battlezone VR is simply a fun cooperative game experience! Too bad the developer seems to have dropped support for it, sales must not have been good.

Sony really seems to be pushing VR lately with excellent discounts. But, there's still not enough good content for use on VR. Hopefully that changes in 2018.

Rob

#128 6 years ago

Thumper and Rez are great VR titles if you like rhythm games. Also Job Simulator is funny and worth trying. Eagle Flight is surprisingly good if you're into the more relaxing exploration heavy games.

I'm excited to see Wipeout in VR next year.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I've been walking around that damn house looking for a key I can't find. Finally gave up . mainly because the game scares the crap out of me.

Gotta check the map to find out where you haven’t been. My guess is the key is in the basement. I did the same thing first time through.

#130 6 years ago

10 months ago and still my best game experience this yeah vr resident evil. Wow

#131 6 years ago

What's the non-VR experience like? Is it still a scary game?

#132 6 years ago

Not nearly as scary. Been there done that. VR mode....I still think about how scary that was. Terrifying

2 months later
#133 6 years ago

Got psvr last weekend and going to try out re7 soon. Played a little bit when it came out, but not in vr. After playing around in Skyrim vr this has me interested.

#134 6 years ago

I want a VR setup badly but Rift, Oculus, PSVR, shit so many options. So confusing

I have an Xbox One and a Switch.

What do I need to buy to play the RE 7 game and the Star Wars game?

#135 6 years ago

VR takes alot of fine tuning the settings and headset adjustment to get it just right. There's a ton of viarables that are not that obvious to the everyday gamer. It took me several weeks to tune in my PSVR to get it to where I get the best comfortable experience.

If you are a horror fan RE 7 is a masterpiece in VR! I love it and couldn't play enough of it. They have released 3 or 4 DLC packs to expand your experience. There are plenty of that good games for the VR that are good for all ages.
I'm pretty happy with the PSVR overall and would highly recommend it to anyone who is curious. It really blew me away how well some of the games are done.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I want a VR setup badly but Rift, Oculus, PSVR, shit so many options. So confusing
I have an Xbox One and a Switch.
What do I need to buy to play the RE 7 game and the Star Wars game?

I believe re7 and the battlefront are PlayStation exclusive in vr right now but I could be wrong. Either way for psvr you need the headset obviously and a PS4 pro or regular. You could get the old setup with gt Sport for about 200 and then get a PS4 either 300 or 400 for the pro.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I believe re7 and the battlefront are PlayStation exclusive in vr right now but I could be wrong. Either way for psvr you need the headset obviously and a PS4 pro or regular. You could get the old setup with gt Sport for about 200 and then get a PS4 either 300 or 400 for the pro.

Well it looks like I’m gonna bite the bullet and buy the rig you mentioned. If anyone on here isn’t using there’s and wants to sell it, PM me.

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Well it looks like I’m gonna bite the bullet and buy the rig you mentioned. If anyone on here isn’t using there’s and wants to sell it, PM me.

The vr headset/bundles are $100 off thru March 3rd

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

The vr headset/bundles are $100 off thru March 3rd

So you have a link? So just buy a PS4, the headset and the game? any controllers for the hands other than a ps4 controller?

#140 6 years ago

A PS4 controller will work. The Skyrim bundle comes with 2 move controllers, not necessary to play however. The sale is being done by Sony so any major store outlets should have them. There are a couple of bundles out. Also if you have a 4K or care about HDR get the newer bundle with the 2.0 headset. The graphics will be the same but it has a few updates to it. If you check out PlayStation’s website they have a page dedicated to psvr that can show you the differences. I can’t comment on if the PS4 pro is worth it since I don’t have one, but if you have a 4K tv it probably will be.

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resident-evil-7-in-vr-amazing-must-play/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.