You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Fan-Tas-Tic-Work-08 (resized).jpg
0Fan-Tas-Tic-Work-07 (resized).jpg
0Fan-Tas-Tic-Work-06 (resized).jpg
0Fan-Tas-Tic-Work-03 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lambecka.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Both relais for 1-2 and 3-4 player stays energized while drum unit are at zero on my williams fan-tas-tic

#3 5 years ago

Reset relay stays energized as well

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Is the Coin relay staying energized?

No coin relay not energized. Noted that the ten point switches on playfield do not work. Manual operated the reset relais 1-2 players and as soon as it reached zero on the drum it goes immediatly to ten or more and stays energized
Checked the ten point switches on playfield , but they do not make kontakt

#8 5 years ago

Score motor constantly running and 1234 relais do not rhytmical operate

#11 5 years ago

Machine not resets and score motor keeps running. Relais 1.2 and 3,4 not activated

#13 5 years ago

Rolf,
Manual set all drums om zero, but motor keeps running

#15 5 years ago

Rolf,
Toggle on the pin and the motor runs a bit in home position
Press the left flipper and lights playfield and backbox light up
See the light game over in the backbox and score drums on zero
Press credit button replat rel pulls in and motor strats running and coin rel pulls in reset rel pulls in and game over rel moves.
Coin rel and replay rel quitd pulling
Reset relais keeps pulling.

Maybe not clear enough, but reason for you called irritating post is that i think the fault must be in this area, because if i manual unlock the reset rel , motor stops , but ball index pulls in and if i try to play , all the function working exept
Lower bumber and top left and right switched located behind the rubbers. Also point are going to the first drum

#17 5 years ago

Rilf did the test
Coin relais just pulls and release
Replay rel not pulling

#19 5 years ago

Rolf , yes reset relais does not pull in. Sorry
I am out als o for few hours

#21 5 years ago

Paper in switch c and ball index does not pull in , when open reset rel

#23 5 years ago

Rolf,
Ok thanks wil prepare to do the checks, but wil take me some time because of other things need to be done like family live.
Wil report as soon as possible

Albert

#27 5 years ago

Rolf,
Did the following
Removed all 16 drums and checked for zero position, cleaned and checked on old solder etc etc.
Did the the test with paper between motor switches A and C. Started up and the relais 1,2 in the back box was pulling. The rel 3,4 was not pulling.

Observation from myself was , that if removing all the paper and start up,machine, motor keeps running. If i manual operate the relais1,2 in the back box the drum goes to zero, motor stops and immendiatly 10 points are added , rel 1.2 keeps pulling, but play field ready to play exept as i noted in the beginning switch for 10 points scoring does not work and lowe bumber does not work,
Iam in the dark now

#29 5 years ago

Rolf,
There are three 10 points switches behind the rubbers and checked them all.
The relais 1.2 sticks pulled but the 50 points relais works normal but does not give point to the drum.
Agree with younthat first need to solve the resetting of the drums by relays 1:2 and 3.4
Iam a little bit confused , becaus the relais do not rythmical goes on when motor runs, so no power from motor switches A and B. By manual resetting 1,2 the drum goes to zero, but as soon as it reaches zero motor stops and relay start Bzzzzz.
Is there a possibilty to jumper direct from score motor to the relais in back box ? Just to,check the connection??

#31 5 years ago

Rolf,
The bumpers when lit gives the 100 points easily and nothing sticks
But ten points fault remain same.
Only the 10 points rel sticks and the match unit coil sticks
By manual operate the 1,2 reset relais i try to explain that i start up the machine, score motor keeps running and in the backbox i toggle with my finger the reset relais rhytmical, same as what the machine needs to do. By doing that the drums goes to zero and motor stops running. Immediatly then the ten point rel sticks.
Off course i switch off the pin to,avoid overheating of the coils.
But as said main problem is that machine does not automatical reset to zero, that need to,be resolved . All the others all small problems that can be solved.
Thats reason i asked if there i a way to,jumper direct from score motor switch to the reset relais in the back box, to,check if connection wrong or ok.
Best regards
Albert

#33 5 years ago

Rolf,
I do not unsolder/solder in area easily can damage other wires. Will do it the rude way by cutting the wires.
You right is too late now and we are out this weekend , so will report back to you on monday.
you know i am appreciate your help and patience you have
Best regards
Albert

#34 5 years ago

Rolf,
Found the problem with resetting the four drums. For 3,4 it was the nylon pushup of the switch score motor broken of and for 1,2 the wire connecting both relais had broken solder.
Machine now starts up resets all drums and motor stops running.
After start up the ten point relais pulls in and the ball index pulls in een keeps pulling. If unlatching the ten points relais, the machine starts up and can start playing, but as soon as scoring the bal index pulls in and keeps pulling.

albert

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

This is usually caused by a stuck playfield switch. Temporarily unplug the playfield to localize the cause to there.

I'm not familiar with your particular game but looking at the schematic this appears normal. Just in case, be cautious for a while to make sure the Ball Index relay doesn't burn up.

Howard, yes i remember other williams do the same, in the meantime found the faulty playfield switch causing the pulling 10 points relais.
Problem remains that hitting the left and right bumbers always given 100 points and they dont lit. If scoring the on bumbers switch the bumbers dont go on.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi Albert +
on most Gottlieb-EM-Pins there is a nice feature "Player-ONE launches FIRST ball - accidentally the ball rolls down the playfield NOT MAKING point(s) --- the ball is given again". This feature does not work on "player-2, -3, -4 first ball" - it also does not work on balls 2,3,4,5.
Usually Bally- and Williams-Pins are more generous --- the feature works on any player - on any ball.
Gottlieb has for its feature the "whatever-letter(s)-First-Ball-Relay" --- and Bally and Williams have the "Ball-Index-Relay" --- (Bally / Williams) whenever a new ball is given: Ball-Index-Relay is made non-pulling --- making point(s) makes the Ball-Index-Relay to pull-in - stay pulling for the rest of the life of this ball. Greetings Rolf

Rolf, thanks for expalnation
And thanks you helped me out in solving the resetting problem , it was not easy, but with the help of a test lamp as you suggested and some difficult solder work finally succes.
Still the problem that i cannot switch with the left and right bumber form 10 to 100 points. Bumbers given 100 points but don,t lit

#40 5 years ago

Rolf.
Can you explain the red one??

#42 5 years ago

Thanks guys
Machine is up and running for this moment and will close this topic

Albert

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 9.95
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 334.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lambecka.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resetting-williams-fan-tas-tic?tu=Lambecka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.