Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PodBoy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I just got a Black Knight machine, and it has the high score at 2,500,000, which we're getting NOWHERE near. I found the procedure to reset it in the manual, but it's not working for me. My buddy who gave it to me (and had it for years before hooking me up) said he remembered there was some subtlety that was easy to miss, but couldn't recall what it was. Anybody know?

Here's what the book said:

GAME ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURE
(Functions 13-41)
Coin door must be open to change settings.
Set AUTO-UP/ MANUAL-DOWN switch to AUTO-UP and depress ADVANCE pushbutton. Test 04 is indicated in the Credits display, Function 00 in Match display, and game identification in Player 1 display.
To raise Function number in Match display, operate ADVANCE pushbutton with switch set to AUTO-UP. To lower Function number operate ADVANCE with it set to MANUAL-DOWN.
With desired Function indicated in Match display, raise value in player 1 display by operating credit button with switch set to AUTO-UP; lower value by operating credit button with it set to MANUAL DOWN. Value left in Player 1 display is new setting. For values see Table 2 and (for pricing) Table 3.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all required adjustments have been made.
Operate ADVANCE until Function 50 is indicated in Match display. From Function 50 you can return to game over or restore factory settings. Perform step 6 or 7 as desired.
To return to game over, depress ADVANCE with switch set to AUTO-UP.
To restore factory settings and zero audit totals:
a. Operate Credit button with switch set to AUTO-UP until 45 is indicated in Player 1 Display.
b. Depress ADVANCE. The game returns to Test 04, Function 00.
c. Set switch to MANUAL-DOWN and depress ADVANCE to indicate Function 50.
d. Set Switch to AUTO-UP and depress ADVANCE.
RESETTING HIGH SCORE TO DATE
Using game adjustment procedure, set Function 13 to the desired reset value.
Depress HIGH SCORE RESET pushbutton.

So basically I hit the 'auto/up' , and hit advance, and kept hitting it till it showed 13 in the match display. I then used the credit button to change the score to 100,000, then advanced to 50 and exited.

When I was done, high score still showed 2,500,000. But when I went back in to try changing the setting again, I got to 13, and it was already set to 100,000, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Anybody got one of these who can set me straight?

Thanks for any suggestions or assistance!

#2 3 years ago

Once you have set the high score to date score level in function 13 and exited the adjustments, pushing the 'reset hi score' button after that should reset the hi score to whatever you set #13 to.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

Once you have set the high score to date score level in function 13 and exited the adjustments, pushing the 'reset hi score' button after that should reset the hi score to whatever you set #13 to.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

and exited the adjustments

THAT is what I was missing, I was setting it then hitting the reset, without getting back to 'game over'.

Thanks so much for the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 1,059.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resetting-the-highscore-on-black-knight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.