(Topic ID: 160070)

Resetting problems

By Charger123

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I just restored my data east simpons. Now I am having a resetting problem. Before restore there was no problem but now it keeps resetting. I replaced all lights with new leds, new led display.new power supply board. Had my tech guy check all my boards.
He doesn't see any problems. I can play game only about 5 min. then starts to reset.
Please help.

#2 7 years ago

Reseat all connectors.
If your old power supply board still works try swapping it to see if that's the problem.

#3 7 years ago

Measure and report back what the 5volts and 12volts measures at the top of the power supply.
There are some test points for measuring the voltages.

#4 7 years ago

Well, being a DE game, I repaired many games that did not boot up or randomly reset during gameplay/attract mode. I suggest replacing the C2 (100 uf use either 35v or 50 electrolytic capacitor) on the power supply. Due to age and heat from the large heat sink that is above it, it will fail at some point. Replace it now and you'll have less issues with your game later.

#5 7 years ago

I have a DE Simpsons also that does the same thing about every 30th game or so. I'll hear a small crackle in the speakers, it resets, and then won't again for quite some time.
I have the original power supply with all new caps and rectifier. I may repin the connectors next. Seems to be common issue with DE especially Simpsons

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I have a DE Simpsons also that does the same thing about every 30th game or so. I'll hear a small crackle in the speakers, it resets, and then won't again for quite some time.
I have the original power supply with all new caps and rectifier. I may repin the connectors next. Seems to be common issue with DE especially Simpsons

Monitor your 5 volts on your power supply and I will suspect that it will dip below 4.80v,which will be causing your reset issues. The C2 as I mentioned in the post #4, it will very likely be the cause.

2 weeks later
#7 7 years ago

Any luck?

#8 7 years ago

He mentioned a new power supply in the game, and a tech going through the boards, I wonder if he checked the Voltage coming from the outlet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resetting-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.