You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Magnotron-pinside-U-Relay-again (resized).jpg
0Magnotron-pinside-ori-2-again2 (resized).jpg
0Magnotron-pinside-ori-2-again (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Just another problem with Gottlieb magnotron. Almost in most cases everything works fine, but sometimes when starting a new game the bal is given in the shooterlane but for some reason the both coils for reset the bank keeps trying to reset and the U relais keeps pulling and motor runs, after a while it stops.
Playing full game no problem and game ends as should be. Its only when starting new game, but not always.
What keeps the U relais pulling??? Everything is on zero, and all playfield switches on are open.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Lambecka:

Just another problem with Gottlieb magnotron. Almost in most cases everything works fine, but sometimes when starting a new game the bal is given in the shooterlane but for some reason the both coils for reset the bank keeps trying to reset and the U relais keeps pulling and motor runs, after a while it stops.
Playing full game no problem and game ends as should be. Its only when starting new game, but not always.
What keeps the U relais pulling??? Everything is on zero, and alL playfield switches on are open.

#3 4 years ago

stuck coin switch on door?

#4 4 years ago

No its not the coindoor switch.

#5 4 years ago

Hi Lambecka
I do not have the schematics - from an other pinside topic I show a snippet. Along "green" does Initial-Current flow so the U-Relay pulls-in. One of the switches on the U-Relay is the Self-Hold-Switch - the relay pulls-in, closes the switch - then "Self-Hold-Current ("orange") is flowing, the relay stays pulling until the turning Score-Motor opens SCM-2B so the Self-Hold-Current is cut and the U-Relay quits pulling.
You can have a fault "green", You can have fault "orange" or both.
See on the Bottom of the JPG my "red ?" --- I'd say this switch SCM-2B is faulty. BUT YOU wrote "playing full game no problem" and when SCM-2B is faulty You then do have also problems with the O-Ball-Return-Relay, P-Add-Player-Relay not quit pulling.

And when the fault is along "green" - see the JPG further up - FOUR switches would have to be faulty to create the faulty pulling of U-Relay.

To start troubleshooting I ask: Do You have 24VAC-Test-Light(s) ? Greetings Rolf

0Magnotron-pinside-ori-2-again (resized).jpg0Magnotron-pinside-ori-2-again (resized).jpg
#6 4 years ago

Rolf , yes i have 24 testlight

#7 4 years ago

Hi Lambecka
a short wire-Wh-Bl-white-blue runs from one side of the coil on U-Relay to "switchblade-solderlug, switch mounted on the relay" - THIS is the Self-Hold-Switch on the U-Relay. A second wire-Wh-Bl is also soldered-on, it runs to "Switch on Q-Relay". The OTHER switchblade, solderlug is of interest --- clip-on one end of the Testlight onto "this OTHER solderlug". The other wire of the Test-Light clip-on at solderlug on coil on U-Relay, side-two-wires-Black are soldered-on. Then do a test --- the Test-Light must be lit most of the time - but when the motor runs / opens switch SCM-2B: NOW the Test-light must turn-off for a short moment - then light-up again --- what is Your pin doing ? The test ist "testing the Self-Hold-Circuitry of the U-Relay (or rather the "true ?" opening of SCM-2B) - this circuitry must be cut by the actuating of SCM-2B so the U-Relay let go and open its Self-Hold-Switch mounted on the relay. Greetings Rolf

0Magnotron-pinside-ori-2-again2 (resized).jpg0Magnotron-pinside-ori-2-again2 (resized).jpg0Magnotron-pinside-U-Relay-again (resized).jpg0Magnotron-pinside-U-Relay-again (resized).jpg
#8 4 years ago

Difficult one this time it was indeed the 2B scm switch causing the problem. There is a steelwire switch making the movement that needed adjusting to let the 2B switch operate just in time.. Because of the B position was difficult to access and to check.
Thanks rolf for helping me out and putting me in the right direction
Albert

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bay Shore, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resetbank-magnotron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.