4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by slochar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin_Guy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

I believe if you put a momentary low (ground) on the blanking line this will initiate a system reset.

Edit: the same thing can be accomplished by driving the output of the 5V threshold detector on the CPU board low to simulate a 5V undervoltage fault. This is likely better as you force the ASIC to generate the blanking pulse.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Any one game in particular?

That's a good question I took "any way to reset a SS game?" literally as how to wire a reset switch into a Bally Scared Stiff machine ...

Looking at the OPs two listed games, RBION ia a Stern Whitestar game; this board set already has a reset button on the CPU/Sound board which makes it easy ... the other game is a Williams system 11 and I cant help you there, the OP may be better off posting in the early Solid State forum for answers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin_Guy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reset-without-booting?tu=Pin_Guy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.