Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
2C94BC9A-3858-4BA3-B97D-90390445DF80 (resized).jpeg
CE5AB5B7-E4B7-48EF-AB69-69802798AE35 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

1974 Williams Dealers Choice
In the start up sequence, the Reset Re activates and but does not drop out, the score motor runs and the bonus unit runs. If I manually deactivate the Reset Re the the score motor stops and the bonus unit stops. I can then play a game. The manual shows the switches per the attachment. When looking at the Reset Re.
The top row of switches starting with 2A the sequence is NO, NO, M/B, N.C.
The bottom row starting with 1A the sequence is NO, NO,NO, M/B
The Rest Re. Is the original, has not been changed.

I need help! Am I reading the manual correctly?

CE5AB5B7-E4B7-48EF-AB69-69802798AE35 (resized).jpegCE5AB5B7-E4B7-48EF-AB69-69802798AE35 (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Kickout:

I can then play a game.

Is the gameplay normal, goes through all balls, racks up bonus, etc?

#3 3 years ago

You need to figure out what de/activates the relay, not what the relay does.

My last issue like this was because the 0 score switches were not all open.

#4 3 years ago

Black_Knight

Here is a snippet of the Reset Re. I think it looks like one of 3 switch Needs to open to drop the Rest Re. One is the Coin Sw, one is the Game Over Sw, the last is the 16 Drum Unit Zero POS Bk Sw. Does this sound right?

2C94BC9A-3858-4BA3-B97D-90390445DF80 (resized).jpeg2C94BC9A-3858-4BA3-B97D-90390445DF80 (resized).jpeg
#5 3 years ago

Are your score reels resetting to zero?

#6 3 years ago

Yes, score reels are resetting to zero.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Kickout:

Yes, score reels are resetting to zero.

It's possible that one of them may stuck at zero but the zero position switches aren't opening.

Using your finger, manually advance each score reel to the number one on all four players.
Then reset the machine and observe them as they reset. They should all advance smoothly to zero and stop, If any hang up or are sluggish, they will need cleaned and/or adjusted.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Kickout:

Black_Knight
Here is a snippet of the Reset Re. I think it looks like one of 3 switch Needs to open to drop the Rest Re. One is the Coin Sw, one is the Game Over Sw, the last is the 16 Drum Unit Zero POS Bk Sw. Does this sound right?
[quoted image]

Not quite. The reset relay is first energized by the path that includes the switches for coin re AND game over re. The reset relay is then locked on via its own reset re switch and any of the 3 paths to its left on the schematic.

The reset relay will remain locked on until:
(bonus re switch) AND (all of 16 drum unit zero switches) AND (mb ind c switch - on the score motor) are open.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#9 3 years ago

Just like the score reels, the bonus stepper unit needs to reset to zero position such that it opens its zero position switch. This zero pos switch opening will cause the bonus relay to de-energize and therefore the bonus re switch in the top of the 3 paths above will open.

Is your bonus stepper unit fully resetting to zero such that it is opening its zero position switch?
Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#10 3 years ago

Jeff is on the right track above. Start with each of the 3 paths mentioned and figure out which one is not opening. Then work up that circuit to see where the problem is.

Mine was score reels where I had 1 switch that wasn't opening on 0. Took me a long time to track it down and I had inspected that one a couple of times. Using paper or business cards, you can start to eliminate which ones are working properly.

Your issue may be somewhere else, but you can use the same approach.

#11 3 years ago

Ok, Rest Re. Working. Had to recheck all 16 drum switches. One was not Zeroing out. Fix that have other issue will stat new post. Thanks everyone!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reset-re-switches?hl=kickout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.