Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zimbakin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Is there a known method for resetting the Grand Champion on T2?

I’ve wiped all the high scores [hold enter to reset] and wiped H.S.T.D in the menu, however GC remains in the credits.

#3 6 years ago

You are always going to have a GC show up in attract mode. When you go into U3 and reset the high score to date, it just removes the persons initials and their score, but replaces it with the default initials and score. You can go to A4.10 to raise or lower that GC score to whatever you want. You can do the same for high scores #1 thru #4 using A4.11 to A4.14 respectively. The default initials will remain with that score until you beat it and input your own.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

You are always going to have a GC show up in attract mode. When you go into U3 and reset the high score to date, it just removes the persons initials and their score, but replaces it with the default initials and score. You can go to A4.10 to raise or lower that GC score to whatever you want. You can do the same for high scores #1 thru #4 using A4.11 to A4.14 respectively. The default initials will remain with that score until you beat it and input your own.

Thanks, that’s a great explanation and sheds some light on how the system works. I’ll lower the scores initially so we can get family and friends up there.

The current grand champ has so many zeros behind it, I doubt any mortal man would ever beat it and I don’t like his initials (slightly jealous...yes)

#5 6 years ago

Is it possible that is the default GC score? Have you tried pulling the batteries? The manual shows a method to not show the GC score but says nothing about resetting it.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Is it possible that is the default GC score? Have you tried pulling the batteries? The manual shows a method to not show the GC score but says nothing about resetting it.

Yes, you can disable the GC altogether in the menu. Someone posted on another site, removing batteries has nil effect.
I like seeing the GC roll through... preferably want it to be someone I know. Think I'll disable GC for now.

#7 6 years ago

*** SOLVED ***

Menu A.4-10 Backup Champion... reduce this score to something realistic

...and for High Scores:

A.4-11 Backup H.S.T.D 1 - High Score 1 (set score)
A.4-12 Backup H.S.T.D 2 - High Score 2 (set score)
A.4-13 Backup... etc.

The retained scores are referred to as "Backup".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 21.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reset-grand-champion-credit-t2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.