Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 55 days ago by Coindork
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FBC07DF9-0D07-40C2-A3BB-42254AD49DFF (resized).png
one-million-dollars-5bw4ql (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron911.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 69 days ago

Doesn't seem like there should be much of a market for these with the recent economic shut downs. I think it's reasonable to imagine that there will be people who will need to move off their spot due to income loss in the coming months.

I just don't see guys (and some of them are asking stupid premiums) being able to get some free cash for selling their spots. I don't wish ill on anyone, but I also find it distasteful that guys put deposits down on pins and then try to sell them at a premium. It's the worst kind of price gouging.

#30 66 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't think anybody can argue that if somebody didn't buy one when they went on sale, and figured they would wait to see if it they thought it would be worth it or if they could get one at a discount later on, and are now complaining about the rising cost or being left out, then the old saying "he who hesitates, masturbates" certainly applies.

I think many of you are missing the point. Someone who buys a spot to resell at a profit is a profiteer. An opportunist. A speculator.

Is that illegal? No. Is it unethical or immoral? Many would say yes.

Is it harmless? No. By selling spots at a higher margin, the speculators bring up the market price higher than the manufacturers intent. What does that tell the manufacturer? Price my next products much higher as there is a margin that is being missed out. That is EXACTLY what has occurred with Stern games the last few years. Price inflation is driven by the secondary market, particularly transactions are occurring before the actual delivery of the product.

The end result can be a pricing that is out of touch with the market and blunts or destroys future product launches and can negatively impact an entire company or market. Speculation is the reason for many markets collapsing.

Besides, I think speculation is distasteful. I'm aware many won't agree with me, but I hope they understand my point.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Detroit, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Glendora, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron911.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside