Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 55 days ago by Coindork
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FBC07DF9-0D07-40C2-A3BB-42254AD49DFF (resized).png
one-million-dollars-5bw4ql (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 69 days ago
Quoted from robotron911:

there will be people who will need to move off their spot due to income loss in the coming months.

What income?

#5 69 days ago

To expand on that, if I hadn't already saved the money and had it put aside just for this, I would not have ordered one. Isn't that the normal way of doing things?

#18 68 days ago

I have a feeling Spooky is best set up to weather this storm than any of the other pinball manufacturers. I thought that all along if something like this ever happened. We'll find out soon enough.

Let's just say, I'm not worried about my deposit or spot.

#29 67 days ago

I don't think anybody can argue that if somebody didn't buy one when they went on sale, and figured they would wait to see if it they thought it would be worth it or if they could get one at a discount later on, and are now complaining about the rising cost or being left out, then the old saying "he who hesitates, masturbates" certainly applies.

#31 66 days ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I think many of you are missing the point. Someone who buys a spot to resell at a profit is a profiteer. An opportunist. A speculator.
Is that illegal? No. Is it unethical or immoral? Many would say yes.

I'm not missing any point.

Just about everything you buy there is some profit involved. That's how companies stay in business and how they can buy their houses and put their kid's thru college. Or if you invest in the stock market to make money faster than you would in a bank.

It's the American way!

I was just pointing out that if somebody is whining about it, it's nobody's fault but their own that they did not take the chance and get in when it was cheaper to do so.

#40 66 days ago

So, who will be the first to give their Rick and Morty spot or game away for less than they paid for it?

That should start a whole new uproar on Pinside. Good for at least two or three additional threads

#43 66 days ago

Well, at least Spooky still has games on order which will keep them busy for at least a year and a half.

Wonder what some of the other manufacturers schedule or backorder looks like right now.
One of the others will at least keep busy selling node boards when things start back up.

#46 65 days ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Virus hits and he loses his job or most of his income

Just found out the government has stepped up and will be paying the balance on mine. And a little extra.

Might have to go with the butter cabinet after all.

#53 64 days ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

However theese people are more like leaches they dont provide anything,

Think about that next time you go buy a roll of toilet paper for $1, that only cost 10 cents to make.

#55 64 days ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:Distribution and organising commodities is a service.
Try again plz

Distributing and organizing pinball machines is a service. So is playing middleman.

#58 64 days ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So thoose speculating and making money on their spots are distributors now?

No, they are middlemen, just like where you buy your asswipe.

#69 62 days ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Does that remind you of any pinball company?

One that just moved into a much larger facility to meet the demand of their shareholders or increase profit and manufacturing capability? Or perhaps another that is the middle of a move right now? Or even one that has spent millions of dollars and hasn't sold a machine yet?

Sorry, you got me stumped.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gaithersburg, MD
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Sellersburg, IN
11,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Wood Dale, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside