You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FD3DDED2-5C45-4EF2-B06A-354C26851FA1.gif
download (1) (resized).jpeg
FBC07DF9-0D07-40C2-A3BB-42254AD49DFF (resized).png
one-million-dollars-5bw4ql (resized).jpg
There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

Right now if you can sell it for 3-4K profit that is smart money. There will be plenty to be had next year for sure. The pin is good not great. It’s all supply and demand issues.
When 750 of them hit the streets and the hype is past there will be games to be had a cost.

No,I don't think so dude!!

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

Right now if you can sell it for 3-4K profit that is smart money.

If you think 3-4K is smart what is a 35k Ghostbusterss
ebay.com link: NEW Stern Ghostbusters Limited Edition Pinball Machine Free Shipping Rare

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

It’s all supply and demand issues.

When 750 of them hit the streets and the hype is past there will be games to be had a cost.

Your logic here is not consistent. There being only 750 of them is not going to hurt future pricing much, if at all.

Unless you think that there being 750 would saturate the market for them. Odds are good that it won't, IMO.

While they may level out, pricewise, odds are much better that they are not going to crater anytime soon. 750 is a tiny population for a machine.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

there will be games to be had a cost.

I will take that bet. Seriously...preorder spots are still selling for 2K above cost. Ones in hand are asking for 12k but probably not getting close to that. My guess is this game will settle in around 9.5-10K, or roughly 20% more than what first time buyers paid...similar to what you see TNA sell for markup wise although TNA is not quite as high percentage wise.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Your logic here is not consistent. There being only 750 of them is not going to hurt future pricing much, if at all.
Unless you think that there being 750 would saturate the market for them. Odds are good that it won't, IMO.
While they may level out, pricewise, odds are much better that they are not going to crater anytime soon. 750 is a tiny population for a machine.

My prediction is that over the next 9 months or so, we may see a gradual decrease in price on the secondary market as more games hit people's homes. If you can time it right you might be able to get one for $1K over original cost or possibly less. I do think once these are all built and settle into the permanent collections of the people that are big fans of the game/theme, the game will be harder to find and prices will go up. I think the prices a year from now will be about the same or slightly higher than they currently are and will continue to rise over time, but I think there will be buying opportunities before then for people that missed out.

#106 3 years ago

I beleive the manufacturer should not allow swapping places. If the person doesn't want then issue a refund of deposit and be done. If they want to flip let them take possession of the game first. This is basically scalping.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I beleive the manufacturer should not allow swapping places. If the person doesn't want then issue a refund of deposit and be done. If they want to flip let them take possession of the game first. This is basically scalping.

I couldn't agree more. Lots of people are buying the spots up with a simple deposit in hopes of doubling or tripling their deposit without any intention of every paying for the full game.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

If you think 3-4K is smart what is a 35k Ghostbusterss
ebay.com link » New Stern Ghostbusters Limited Edition Pinball Machine Free Shipping Rare

Delusional, nobody will ever pay that! lucky if they can get 10 K For Ghostbusters.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

Delusional, nobody will ever pay that! lucky if they can get 10 K For Ghostbusters.

You never know, there is a guy on Stern Potc thread who said he sold his mint Stern PotC for $10.5 to a clueless buyer. We all said that was taking advantage of a dunce but he didn't think so.

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I couldn't agree more. Lots of people are buying the spots up with a simple deposit in hopes of doubling or tripling their deposit without any intention of every paying for the full game.

Here is someone doing it for a second time. Lots of flippers out there. Sad that took two spots away from people that actually wanted to purchase the game at original price

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/103787

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

It isn't basically scalping. It is scalping.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:Here is someone doing it for a second time. Lots of flippers out there. Sad that took two spots away from people that actually wanted to purchase the game at original price

officially blacklisted in my book

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

officially blacklisted in my book

He's also got some great topper deals

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:Here is someone doing it for a second time. Lots of flippers out there. Sad that took two spots away from people that actually wanted to purchase the game at original price

Third:

#115 3 years ago

Unfortunately, for those that wanted the game, this will continue if people pay their price. It's feeding the devil.

#116 3 years ago

I guess next release I'll just pre-order 5 spots... reselling 4 of them will pay for the 5th. I can then sell that one for a profit or keep it for basically nothing.

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

I guess next release I'll just pre-order 5 spots... reselling 4 of them will pay for the 5th. I can then sell that one for a profit or keep it for basically nothing.

Simple solution is force them to accept the game, or loose the deposit and put it back up for sale direct.

#118 3 years ago

What if Spooky had a secret list of people in order of request that missed out, and if he sees an ad like this refunds the deposit and quietly goes to his list and offer the spot to the next person with no upcharge? Spooky wouldn't even need to spend much time as people would report. Sounds like a good idea.

If he made it known this would happen, it would be harder for scalpers.

#119 3 years ago

I’m no Marty McFly, but my gut tells me these will be had a original cost or below before the run is completed. Just give it time. Once HUO games begin to stagnate on the classified ads, prices will drop. I’ve been watching and GNR launch was a good example of market pressure to see scalper prices dip a little.

#120 3 years ago

Supply & Demand. Everyone has an opinion.

But it comes down to a few things here.

The Supply- 750 units. Thats it.

Demand? Well lets see... Will demand subside, or increase for this title?

My opinion would be that it will increase as time goes on.

Once we can go back to shows, tournaments, and the like... and more people can play the game. I believe we will have a JPP POTC like situation.

If the code gets better (its being updated almost weekly) It'll help

Now the opposite could happen also. As an owner of this game, and someone who had to pay above retail... Take this with all the grains of salt you want...

Its my first spooky. Its really good. The cab is beautiful, the lightshow is amazing, its is well built. It shoots good, but does need tweaking. Its hard, and well... that'll turn off some people. The theme integration is about as good as it gets anywhere. Things I dislike? You can see some of the "small company" production methods in play... 3d printed pieces, flippers just feel "light" some small issues with code... etc etc etc.

Is it a Stern? No. And thats a good thing.

Will it stand the test of time? We will see. But barring any financial pressure to do so, Mine is staying for awhile. If it drops in value... it really doesnt hurt me. If it became a 20K piece.. doesnt really help me either. Its like some of my exotic cars... They could become worth more.. or possibly less.. But I own them to enjoy them. Anything else is just a line item on a spreadsheet.

#121 3 years ago

There isn't a great solution here. Unlimited runs would be perfect, but that's just not possible with licensing and the scarcity seems to help them sell out quickly to keep their employees working, so I don't really see that as a Spooky problem. If I'm honest with myself, had I bought an early game, I'd have played the hell out of it and then sold it at the crazy prices people are willing to pay. I'd have felt bad for doing that, as it could seem like a slap in the face to my friends at Spooky. However, while I like Rick & Morty, I like some of their other games just as much. I would have probably sold Rick & Morty to pickup either Alice Cooper or their next title. Not saying that's the right thing, but I do the same thing in the stock market. When I have a winner, I cash out, perhaps missing out on future profits. I'd rather be a sore winner then a sore loser.

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

Right now if you can sell it for 3-4K profit that is smart money. There will be plenty to be had next year for sure.

What am I supposed to do in the meantime? Buy and play some piece of shit theme game I don't even like? Or a rehash of a game that's already been done? And yeah, like I'm going with Stranger Things because that's modern. What else you got?

#123 3 years ago

Time is money.

#124 3 years ago

I think that selling spots on a preorder is total bullshit.

I have no problem with folks making money on the flip but let them pay the $$$$ up front , wait their turn to receive and sell

It makes a inflated reality of actual demand.

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What am I supposed to do in the meantime? Buy and play some piece of shit theme game I don't even like? Or a rehash of a game that's already been done? And yeah, like I'm going with Stranger Things because that's modern. What else you got?

I got a new water heater.

#126 3 years ago

Bloodsuckers (edition) all of them.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I think that selling spots on a preorder is total bullshit.
I have no problem with folks making money on the flip but let them pay the $$$$ up front , wait their turn to receive and sell
It makes a inflated reality of actual demand.

You are entitled to your opinion about selling spots but I don't understand inflated reality. If someone chooses to pay the price it is reality.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 300.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reselling-rick-and-morty-order-spots/page/3?hl=nysbadmk8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.