You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FD3DDED2-5C45-4EF2-B06A-354C26851FA1.gif
download (1) (resized).jpeg
FBC07DF9-0D07-40C2-A3BB-42254AD49DFF (resized).png
one-million-dollars-5bw4ql (resized).jpg

There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

This could easily happen. A guy pays $45 to join the Spooky fan club just to order R&M. Virus hits and he loses his job or most of his income so sells his spot for just the actual deposit he paid. He's out the $45 (or more if he paid a PayPal fee to make the deposit).

I joined to support Spooky. Never had any intention of buying a pin at this time but still wanted to be supportive.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Since threads like this are getting ridiculous, I’m curious if ridiculous was turned the other way would people still be so upset. If a BSE seller was selling their spot for $50 and loosing their deposit would there be threads complaining that they paid full price for a deposit? What does it really matter what someone sells for if your not the buyer?

If seller and buyer are happy, thats the important thing here. Enough with the pitch forks and soiled panties over a pinball sale.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

However theese people are more like leaches they dont provide anything,

Think about that next time you go buy a roll of toilet paper for $1, that only cost 10 cents to make.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Think about that next time you go buy a roll of toilet paper for $1, that only cost 10 cents to make.

You mean i should drive a hundred miles to a papermill, to get a roll of toiletpaper?

Distribution and organising commodities is a service.

Try again plz

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:Distribution and organising commodities is a service.
Try again plz

Distributing and organizing pinball machines is a service. So is playing middleman.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Distributing and organizing pinball machines is a service. So is playing middleman.

So thoose speculating and making money on their spots are distributors now?

I hope you`re way better at pinball, then argumentation.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

If seller and buyer are happy, thats the important thing here. Enough with the pitch forks and soiled panties over a pinball sale.

I think the buyer would be much more happy paying the amount intended for the commodity.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So thoose speculating and making money on their spots are distributors now?

No, they are middlemen, just like where you buy your asswipe.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

You mean i should drive a hundred miles to a papermill, to get a roll of toiletpaper?
Distribution and organising commodities is a service.
Try again plz

Don't for get the cost of marketing...like we really need commercials to tell us to buy toiletpaper.

#60 4 years ago

To me the simple solution is for Spooky to rework the license and announce an additional 1000 machines will be built after the shutdown.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

To me the simple solution is for Spooky to rework the license and announce an additional 1000 machines will be built after the shutdown.

And you think a line will form to buy a machine to be built in 3 years?? I think they did it correctly to their ability and business plan personally.

#62 4 years ago

Going to remember this thread the next time I see one of you ask top dollar for your 30 year old machines, or your 'rare' machines.

I don't care either way - either buy it or quit complaining about it. No one pays it, it stops happening.

#63 4 years ago

Spooky did it right. They aren’t going to build more. Machines and spots will come up for sale due to this WWIII thing (I don’t doubt there will be more than a few). Maybe it’s not country against country, but this will change us...as WWII changed our grandparents. Spooky came out with a great license, and with a dream team for the build...at the right time in history. They sold out. As far as pinball companies, they are in a great position and will be fine. This will end...and pinball will go on.

#64 4 years ago

Build machines as long as they sell like every other pinball manufacturer..... WTF

#65 4 years ago

spooky doesn’t work like that....people are too dumb to understand after it has been explained 100’s of times. Listen to the new super awesome pinball show it was explained yet again for all the dummies

#66 4 years ago

Here’s what some people don’t get when they call to “build more “ : when you’re selling a limited edition of anything ( an announced , and specific production run ) , you’re creating a contract with buyers and potential buyers . “ buy our stuff because there will only ever be this many “ . This creates more interest and sales among buyers ( fomo) than an open ended production otherwise would at the outset - how many would buy “right now “ if this pin were gonna be on the line for the next five years ? Sales would be more of a trickle than a flood . With the covid crisis probably more than 1/2 would cancel orders to get their deposit back and simply buy again in a year or two when money’s not as tight - or not . Maybe there’s a better ( more desirable ) pin competing for dollars at that point .
The point is , if you announce a build of 750 - sell out - then build more ; you have now lied to your first 750 customers and no longer deserve their business .
I’m fine with unlimited runs , but not with unethical practices . This was sold as a limited run of 750 . End of story .

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

spooky doesn’t work like that....people are too dumb to understand after it has been explained 100’s of times. Listen to the new super awesome pinball show it was explained yet again for all the dummies

The only dummies are those that don't sell a product there is a market for..... period. He does not have to sell LEs to sell more .Just like every other spooky game they will do the pump, then 6 months later the dump. And if any of you wishful thinkers feels this game will have a $$$$$ value down the road stop dreaming.

He builds a very nice product, its a boutique company and thats what it will stay with this business motto.

#68 4 years ago

A friend of mine is a sales rep for several small shops that manufacture different things (they don't compete with each other). One of them (that happens to be in Wisconsin) makes industrial enclosures. They do good work and the rep would like them to expand and produce more so he could sell more and make more commissions. But the owner of the shop likes the size they are and will not expand. He doesn't want to add employees and equipment when business is good and then have to lay people off if orders slow. Does that remind you of any pinball company?

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Does that remind you of any pinball company?

One that just moved into a much larger facility to meet the demand of their shareholders or increase profit and manufacturing capability? Or perhaps another that is the middle of a move right now? Or even one that has spent millions of dollars and hasn't sold a machine yet?

Sorry, you got me stumped.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

The only dummies are those that don't sell a product there is a market for..... period. He does not have to sell LEs to sell more .Just like every other spooky game they will do the pump, then 6 months later the dump. And if any of you wishful thinkers feels this game will have a $$$$$ value down the road stop dreaming.
He build a very nice product but its a boutique company and thats what it will stay with this business motto.

To be honest i was on the Jameson when i responded here. Not trying to offend or win an argument like so many on here try to do. I understand your point, Spooky could have sold more (obviously with the 4 hour sell out). To me it does not matter if they are selling + or - the deposit i put in. I bought a AMH and RZ my game is 366 and I am eagerly awaiting my game. I am fortunate to be essential now, although when the Government gets shut down because of political games I don’t get paid, i am lucky to still be getting paid now. When my game is ready I am also ready. My game will not be sold to anyone other than me.

#71 3 years ago

Most spots sell for less than $1500.00 over cost. Low numbers also.

That was 3 to 4 weeks ago. Different world today.

#72 3 years ago

I would trade my later spot for an earlier spot if it helps someone out so they still have the opportunity to get a game maybe after things get better. I doubt there are any takers though...just flippers.

#73 3 years ago

If push cane to shove, I would sell another pin to finance it before I sold my spot.
Fortunately i don’t think I will have to do that as I have money set aside for it.

Meanwhile I’m patiently waiting like everybody else.

5 months later
#74 3 years ago

Sorry to rehash an older, tired thread, but I didn't want to hijack a R&M 'For Sale' thread that's treading around this conversation, but I am curious...why are so many R&M machines (and spots) on the market? Mine should be arriving in the next couple weeks, and I still have a chubby to be getting mine, but it does make me wonder why folks are bailing.

They don't like the game?
Circumstantial changes in life, and they could use the money?
They're a flipper?
The chase is over, and they're on to the next new title?

I know there's different strokes for different folks, but what gives for all the R&M marketplace activity?

#75 3 years ago

Sold my spot awhile ago in a covid related economic belt tightening. Concern has subsided now, but no looking back!

#76 3 years ago

Sold my spot at cost to my boss during the height of the COVID scare. Looked like I was going to be out of work for a while but so far I haven't missed a day!

#77 3 years ago

I think $$$ plus the fact that R&M isn't the new pin on the block anymore. People are more interested in TMNT, Avengers, GnR, etc.

Still plan on getting mine next year though, can't wait. Well I guess I can but you know what I am saying.

#78 3 years ago

Thanks for the responses!

I didn't want to ask the question to be judgmental to anyone's situation or reasons. I just don't want to be caught on some sinking ship, blinded by its beauty, and be too late to the rescue boat.

I'm a big fan of the show (from before it was a pin), and I've tried to watch minimal streams to leave some mystery (my best mate and a fellow pinhead watches though, and tells me to get my paper towels and rags ready). Reading these threads, some people love the game, but then there are those that are pretty "meh" about it, and seeing the marketplace activity, I hate to admit to wondering if this is a $8,500+ pin I need to get out on while it still has some steam and put towards another future title.

Damnit to second guessing myself, go with my gut and initial choice!

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I didn't want to ask the question to be judgmental to anyone's situation or reasons. I just don't want to be caught on some sinking ship, blinded by its beauty, and be too late to the rescue boat.
I'm a big fan of the show (from before it was a pin), and I've tried to watch minimal streams to leave some mystery (my best mate and a fellow pinhead watches though, and tells me to get my paper towels and rags ready). Reading these threads, some people love the game, but then there are those that are pretty "meh" about it, and seeing the marketplace activity, I hate to admit to wondering if this is a $8,500+ pin I need to get out on while it still has some steam and put towards another future title.

You have nothing to worry about. Played it at a friends house a number of times and it is excellent.

#80 3 years ago

Amazing game for me. On day 3.

But yah, 6mo since pre-orders, hype is gone, the patient remain. Awesome game. Code is still early so you see all the content in the first 20 plays. It needs wizard modes and hard to reach goals to pull us in more.

#81 3 years ago

Most of the ads you see are 3-4k above what they paid, that should clue you in.

#82 3 years ago

I’ve had mine a few months now and love it. Fantastic machine that’s tons of fun and gets better and better as the code gets updated.
No need to second guess yourself.

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

If people are bailing because they are afraid of getting stuck with a terd do you honestly think they would be flocking to this thread to tell potential buyers that is why they're selling? I can't imagine you'd get people to be that honest. Short of the reason of genuine personal cash flow issues I don't see this as any more than people liking money more than they like the game, I don't think it is any more complex than that.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

If people are bailing because they are afraid of getting stuck with a terd do you honestly think they would be flocking to this thread to tell potential buyers that is why they're selling? I can't imagine you'd get people to be that honest. Short of the reason of genuine personal cash flow issues I don't see this as any more than people liking money more than they like the game, I don't think it is any more complex than that.

I think that’s pretty much spot on.
If someone didn’t like it and was selling it for that reason, they probably would not tell you they think it sucks. Whatever, not every game is for everybody.

I’ll tell you what though. If you pop in the Rick and Morty owners club thread it’s a lively place. Pretty fun loving bunch that’s genuinely really enthused about the game.
Sure, it has a few issues like most games do, but there’s lots of people in there that will walk you through any of those.
Spend some time in there and you will see that there are a lot of really happy and proud owners of this game that really do love it.
I happen to be one of them.
It was my only NIB purchase this year and I feel like I really made a great choice.
Although my wife and I are both GNR fans, so if that rumor is true, we might wind up getting one of those as well.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I think that’s pretty much spot on.
If someone didn’t like it and was selling it for that reason, they probably would not tell you they think it sucks. Whatever, not every game is for everybody.
I’ll tell you what though. If you pop in the Rick and Morty owners club thread it’s a lively place. Pretty fun loving bunch that’s genuinely really enthused about the game.
Sure, it has a few issues like most games do, but there’s lots of people in there that will walk you through any of those.
Spend some time in there and you will see that there are a lot of really happy and proud owners of this game that really do love it.
I happen to be one of them.
It was my only NIB purchase this year and I feel like I really made a great choice.
Although my wife and I are both GNR fans, so if that rumor is true, we might wind up getting one of those as well.

I feel the Same R&M is a great Pin and it is a total package. In all honestly if your a novice player I would not recommend it, but trust me by all means R&M is not a turd at all, it’s a great game and only getting better. Personally I think I see a lot of people complaining due to not having the chance to purchase one and they are salty. I don’t see this kinda hate for
jjp potc Being sold for 5k+ markup what’s the difference? I don’t agree with people selling their pre-orders marked up it looks shady, especially when your number #400+ and won’t see the game until mid next year, if you actually own the game you are more than welcome to sell it at whatever price you desire that’s the way I see it.

#86 3 years ago

After they are all built and the flippers flip, they will sell for alot. Rick and Morty is a Hot show that is still building momentum. The general public doesn't even know about this pin. You will look back on this and say "back in 2020 people were complaining about paying 3k for a pre-order spot." I have loved the show from day 1. My Kids love the show. When everything opens back up, every spot with pins will benefit from one. I have spent far more money than that just on a decent vacation. If your all "up in a bunch" over someone making 1.5k...dude this hobby is not for you. What would happen to pins if it was not for our flippers? Who look far and wide to find one sitting in someone's basement. Then they bring it to life and fix it all up nice and shinny and sell it to the community. I bet there would be 20% less pins in the market if it were not for these guys. Stop worrying about some one making a buck or 2 or gouging. Its like tea in china....unless you want to buy Chinese tea. Last thing to note. Every one who wanted one had the same opportunity to buy the pre-order spot. If you just finding out about it, no worries bc they are still on sale IMO. Get them while there hot boys!!!

#87 3 years ago

I had no idea if I’d like the game but have watched a lot of streams. I couldn’t decide if it’s great or just a great theme.

I got to play one at The Pinball Lounge in Oveado just a handful of games but I’m really impressed. It’s not Spiderman or AFM layout greatness it’s got a bit of oddness to it. I’m not saying it’s a shooting dream but the whole package rules, scoring, lights, theme, art, music, call outs the pin had it all that working together make it a great pin.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

People are more interested in TMNT, Avengers, GnR, etc.

download (1) (resized).jpegdownload (1) (resized).jpeg
#89 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

He’s back!

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

He’s back!

Yes! And if I was to sell my R&M, problem is, there would be nothing of relevance to replace it with.

Nobody that comes over says "what's up with that antiquated theme".

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

if I was to sell my R&M, problem is, there would be nothing of relevance to replace it with.

apparently those who are replacing their machines with $10-11K are finding cash to be pretty relevant.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

apparently those who are replacing their machines with $10-11K are finding cash to be pretty relevant.

Sure, but that adds up to only a couple grand on top of what came out of pocket in the first place, and how much fun can you really have with that? Buy some overpriced new appliance just because it has a touchscreen or some other useless features you don't need?

Come on man!

#93 3 years ago

Seeing all those spots for sale for $3-4K makes me think that Blood Suckers Edition might be the most appropriate name ever.

#94 3 years ago

I’m a huge R&M fan of the show, but a spooky R&M pin is not worth an extra $4k... just for the spot. If it goes the way of most Spooky machines, it stays in the collection until the next “big thing” and then goes on the chopping block...

Besides, the spooky 3D prints are kinda too rough for what I would call “collectors quality” and it will be a while till I purchase one NIB and pay that premium. CGC on the other hand seem to have their act together on producing quality, I just wish they would do an original title, licensed or not.

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Seeing all those spots for sale for $3-4K makes me think that Blood Suckers Edition might be the most appropriate name ever.

I've done everything but pay the Red Cross to stop bugging me for my blood. They are relentless.

#96 3 years ago

I have nothing but love for Spooky. I see no reason to pay the extra at this point. I passed on purpose as I like to play a game before I buy one. Prices will continue to stabilize as more time passes and people begin to crave the next flavor of the month. When the time is right for me, a game will present itself at a fair price be it new or used. With collectors, “used” is often hardly played from my perspective.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Look at the C8 Corvettes, Sellers asking $10-30K over sticker with over 1100 miles on them...

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

RM has that Pavlov Purp mane.

Hypnotize like:

FD3DDED2-5C45-4EF2-B06A-354C26851FA1.gifFD3DDED2-5C45-4EF2-B06A-354C26851FA1.gif
#99 3 years ago

never even watched a rick and morty episode and not even a desire to do so until i get the pin.i just like pinball. if it lights up beautifully and the art is good i am ok with it. not much of a player i like my games on 5 ball, i play for fun. i bought this on a last minute whim i figured i can always keep it if i liked it or trade it off if they are still hard to get by the time i get mine. #501 still along way aways. not looking to sell at an upcharge but if i fell on hard times and needed the money it would have to go to high bidder.

#100 3 years ago

Right now if you can sell it for 3-4K profit that is smart money. There will be plenty to be had next year for sure. The pin is good not great. It’s all supply and demand issues.

When 750 of them hit the streets and the hype is past there will be games to be had a cost.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
Decorations
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reselling-rick-and-morty-order-spots/page/2?hl=airball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.