Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Langless28
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200321_145613_resized (resized).jpg
    20200315_152134_resized (resized).jpg
    20191221_201138_resized (resized).jpg
    20191214_181526_resized (resized).jpg
    serial numb.png
    space walk (13).jpg
    space walk (12).jpg
    space walk (11).jpg
    space walk (10).jpg
    space walk (9).jpg
    space walk (8).jpg
    space walk (7).jpg
    space walk (6).jpg
    space walk (5).jpg
    space walk (4).jpg
    space walk (3).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phototamer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 4 years ago

I would seal what is there with a clear coat before proceeding with a paintbrush . Unless you did that when you mention you tinted the playfield.
    Also , are you going to restore the numbers with freehand painting ? Using decals would be , in my opinion , efficient and more accurate .

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from F-2NIRO:

actually, I seal with clearcoat layer between each important work, to protect on the one hand, and to allow the stencils to be well sealed.
    the numbers and letters are not made by show of hands, it's a technique that I gave up a long time ago since I bought a cameo (cutting robot) that allows to do a job as clean as decals while being more reliable.
    I prefer painting with decal, there is always a risk of reaction with the varnish and to get the right shade with a printer is really very difficult, except of course the black.

Ok , did you measure or scanned the exact location of the letters you are about to restore to make sure everything is put where it was ? Since everything is covered by paint now.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from lint:

you must be new here. look at F-2NIRO's post history. he has it covered.

I am not questioning ability or method , no mention on letter positioning though made me curious .

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from F-2NIRO:

sure, i have original scans, see the link on my first post on this topic, i show the process

This solves all my questions ! Merci

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from F-2NIRO:

“ ...everything being done with a brush.
    at first, there is the transfer of the pins to the pencil (type HB) and then they are painted with the same size brushes, 5/0 and 10/0...”

Beautiful way to restore a playfield .. 5/0 and 10/0 are my go to brushes for playfield restoration.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phototamer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rescue-space-walk-playfield?tu=phototamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.