DSC05117_moyenne (resized).jpg
DSC05116_moyenne (resized).jpg
DSC05115_moyenne (resized).jpg
batman phase 2 (7) (resized).jpg
batman phase 2 (8) (resized).jpg
batman phase 2 (6) (resized).jpg
batman phase 2 (5) (resized).jpg
batman phase 2 (2) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f-2niro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

hi guys
Here is the restoration of a rather complicated playfield.
I had a lot of trouble finding pictures on the web to draw the missing part.
I hope this will help the community in the case of a restoration.
here we go batman (3)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (3)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (2)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (2)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (1)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (1)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (4)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (4)_moyenne (resized).jpg
In an extreme case like this, I varnish before starting to stabilize the support and thus with a nice surfacebatman (5)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (5)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (6)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (6)_moyenne (resized).jpg
Once the sanding is done, I put a layer of mastics to correct the big defects.
Then again I sand the surfacebatman (7)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (7)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (8)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (8)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (9)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (9)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (10)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (10)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (11)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (11)_moyenne (resized).jpg
Then, by helping me with the images found on the web, we draw the missing parts.batman (13) (resized).jpgbatman (13) (resized).jpgbatman (15) (resized).jpgbatman (15) (resized).jpgbatman (14) (resized).jpgbatman (14) (resized).jpgbatman (16) (resized).jpgbatman (16) (resized).jpgbatman (18) (resized).jpgbatman (18) (resized).jpgbatman (17) (resized).jpgbatman (17) (resized).jpgbatman (20) (resized).jpgbatman (20) (resized).jpgbatman (19) (resized).jpgbatman (19) (resized).jpg
the playfield is ready for the next

#3 7 years ago

thank's
It's hard to find them in good condition.
It would seem that there is not much mylarized plateau.
some progress
batman (23) (resized).jpgbatman (23) (resized).jpgbatman (22) (resized).jpgbatman (22) (resized).jpgbatman (21) (resized).jpgbatman (21) (resized).jpg
I placed covers on the multiplier inserts in the black areas thus facilitating the work.
soon

#4 7 years ago

Despite this logo, the protection is not madebatman (4) (resized).jpgbatman (4) (resized).jpg
mister nicholson takes shapebatman (5) (resized).jpgbatman (5) (resized).jpg
His enemy toobatman (6) (resized).jpgbatman (6) (resized).jpg
batman (7) (resized).jpgbatman (7) (resized).jpgbatman (8) (resized).jpgbatman (8) (resized).jpg
Well advanced, but still an enormous amount of workbatman (3) (resized).jpgbatman (3) (resized).jpgbatman (2) (resized).jpgbatman (2) (resized).jpgbatman (1) (resized).jpgbatman (1) (resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago

it could be more hours of work before seen this playfield finished.
i'm working on several game including two complet Elektra
thank's for the link.
to bad that the photos of the finished playfield are taken at an angle.
A little work anywaybat man (3) (resized).jpgbat man (3) (resized).jpgbat man (2) (resized).jpgbat man (2) (resized).jpgbat man (1) (resized).jpgbat man (1) (resized).jpgbat man (6) (resized).jpgbat man (6) (resized).jpgbat man (5) (resized).jpgbat man (5) (resized).jpgbat man (4) (resized).jpgbat man (4) (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago

it's near to finished for the first stepDSC04703_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04703_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04702_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04702_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04701_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04701_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04700_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04700_moyenne (resized).jpg
Some pictures seen from close up.
DSC04705_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04705_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04704_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04704_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04706_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04706_moyenne (resized).jpg
the joker is completly finishDSC04707_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04707_moyenne (resized).jpg

#14 7 years ago

thank's all
Some progress
the dark blue is soon finished.DSC04773_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04773_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04774_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04774_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04775_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04775_moyenne (resized).jpgStill a little work on the dressDSC04776_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04776_moyenne (resized).jpg
Some details to finish in this areaDSC04778_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04778_moyenne (resized).jpg
All these small lines, easy but very long DSC04777_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC04777_moyenne (resized).jpg
Still the sky to finish in the arcades, will be done with the airbrush.
sure, these small dot will be vanished

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

dont forget the right eye of the clown balloon!

This is not a forget, thank you anyway to remember it

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Actually still working through it. My partner is working on another test print. I think it's going to be the new year before he gets it back though. Very tedious process since we don't have all the right tools to make things easier
OP - If it helps, I've got several pics in this thread. Looks like you are almost there. Sorry I didn't see this sooner. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-de-pf

What a beautiful thread, you arrive in time.
I missed a small detail in front of the bat car next to the bumper.
And I would have forgotten the "3 MILLION" in the center of the playfield.
awsome thank's for you friend

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

No problem at all. If you get stuck and need some resource images for a specific section let me know and I'll get them to you.

yes pease, can you give me a picture of this area.
3 millions (resized).jpg3 millions (resized).jpg

I do not know if there is a misspelling because I do not see the "S" to million ??
There are plenty of small lines inside the inscription, it will help me.
thank's in advance

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Amazing. What is your technique for doing this? Did you lay down a coat of clear to lock things in place? Looks like some airbrush work. Looks like you sketched some of it. Any brush work? Acrylic?

Yes, in a case like this (playfieldvery damaged) for safety, I varnish first.
For the moment, everything is done with a brush, no airbrush.
Just the sky between the arcades will be done with the gradient airbrush
and acrylic paint,( PEBEO brand )

#24 7 years ago

no, it's perfect.
but shame on me, i just noticed that the screenprint of the 3 million is on the insert and can be seen in transparency.
I restore several games at the same time and this kind of thoughtlessness happens insert 3 million (resized).jpginsert 3 million (resized).jpg

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

looking fantastic. I'd love to get scans of that playfield when your done. WOuld be good files to keep on hand.

Of course, as soon as this is done, I will put a link here to download them.

#29 7 years ago

I fix my insert error "3 million"
I sanded to remove the black then I scanned the area by illuminating the underside.
batman (1)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (1)_moyenne (resized).jpg
This allowed me to make a positive stencil that served as a guide
batman (2)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (2)_moyenne (resized).jpg
A brush stroke and it's donebatman (3)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (3)_moyenne (resized).jpg
I will varnish before continuing this work because I will continue with the airbrush and there are risks of leakage of paint
There remains mainly this areabatman (6)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (6)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (5)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (5)_moyenne (resized).jpg
few pictures,the beautiful and the bat
batman (4)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (4)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (9)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (9)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (8)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (8)_moyenne (resized).jpg
batman (7)_moyenne (resized).jpgbatman (7)_moyenne (resized).jpgto be continued

#31 7 years ago

hi
When the playfields are mine, yes.
this batman is not for sale, this work is for someone.
in stock, i've just a centaur and fathom

#32 7 years ago

The PF is soon finished.
Some stencils cutted by the robot and a bit of cutting directly on the PF at the level of the two arcades
batman phase 2 (1) (resized).jpgbatman phase 2 (1) (resized).jpgbatman phase 2 (2) (resized).jpgbatman phase 2 (2) (resized).jpg
I started with the gradient
batman phase 2 (3) (resized).jpgbatman phase 2 (3) (resized).jpg
two color to release it, the dark blue and grey.
then the text near jack, in white and finished with contour of the insets
batman phase 2 (4) (resized).jpgbatman phase 2 (4) (resized).jpgbatman phase 2 (5) (resized).jpgbatman phase 2 (5) (resized).jpg
Just to finish varnishbatman phase 2 (8) (resized).jpgbatman phase 2 (8) (resized).jpgbatman phase 2 (7) (resized).jpgbatman phase 2 (7) (resized).jpgbatman phase 2 (6) (resized).jpgbatman phase 2 (6) (resized).jpg
the next time, the end

1 week later
#35 7 years ago

thank's guys
the PF is near finished.
video will be came soon.
here is a link for the scan of the playfield.
just tell me if you have any problem for uploading.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2xsk82rj85rmjua/AACRTWes62ZAKJ5UOT__lKKpa?dl=0

happy new year

#36 7 years ago

hi and happy new year.
this is the end of this adventure.
the PF is polished.
some pictures.
DSC05127_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05127_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05126_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05126_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05125_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05125_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05124_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05124_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05123_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05123_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05121_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05121_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05120_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05120_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05118_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05118_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05117_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05117_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05116_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05116_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05115_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC05115_moyenne (resized).jpg
and a little movie, the amazing batman^^

If anyone can tell me if there is sound in the video.
You tube has restricted the sound in certain countries but I do not know which, in France, I have sound, thank's in advance

10 months later
#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Price1150:

Absolutely amazing!where are you located if I wanted to ship you mine for restoration?and what does something cost like this with clearcoat and All?

many thank's guy's
i'm in france, you must send some picture about your PF by using the contact web page on my web site

http://www.2niro-pinball.com/contact/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Apex, NC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f-2niro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rescue-of-a-batman-data-east-playfield?tu=f-2niro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.