(Topic ID: 88328)

Rescue Dorothy Ball Stuck

By mmarks3141

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmarks3141.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Recently my new WOZ standard has been having the ball get stuck behind the single castle door on the right after the monkey drops it off. Even when the game is over and all locked balls are being released, I hear a buzzing noise and the door moves a little bit, but not nearly enough to release the ball. I then can't start a new game until I slide the glass down and manually remove the ball.

Has anyone else seen this?

I do have a query in with Lloyd Olsen. He suggested testing the switch and making sure that the option to release all locks on game end is set. The switch works as expected and the release locks option is set. When I test that coil, I hear the same noise and the door doesn't move.

Thanks,

Mike

#4 9 years ago

Thanks to those who replied. I also heard back from Lloyd and he mentioned the same thing - allen set screws on the shaft holding the door. Looks like I've got some work ahead of me this evening

1 week later
#5 9 years ago

I able to get in and follow the suggestions to tighten the allen screws on the single castle door. I didn't completely remove the upper playfield, but instead loosened it so I could lift it up enough to remove the motor and tighten the allen screws. I was trying to avoid cutting any cable ties. I followed the suggestion of Gary from Abel Electronics to put some blue Locktite on those allen screws so hopefully they won't loosen up again.

Got it all back together, and now the castle flipper didn't work. Turns out that the tab connectors had pulled off the coil when I raised the upper playfield, but that was an easy fix. Thanks to Lloyd, Gary, and those here who helped.
Also kudos to the manual writers who made what could have been a difficult procedure go well with clear instructions and diagrams.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 91.00
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 24.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms
Hardware
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 5.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmarks3141.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rescue-dorothy-ball-stuck?tu=mmarks3141 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.