image.jpg
image-507.jpg
image-230.jpg
image-900.jpg
image.jpg
image-302.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I just purchased a Rescue 911. It has two problems that I could use some help with please.

1. When you make the right ramp, the ball post does not go down to release the ball. The switch in front of the post works fine though. I checked under the playfield and the coil is wired and seems like it should work. I have no clue how to put a gottlieb into test mode though.

2. The playfield doesn't pull out. It just folds up and down like a T2. Should it pull foward and fold up like a DE game?

image.jpgimage.jpg image-302.jpgimage-302.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Crickets. Doh.

#3 9 years ago

Bump for Mr stack someones gotta know something about this !!???

#4 9 years ago

Had the same problem but mine was intermediate. Sometimes Med Alert would work, other times it would say ball stuck or the game would go into ball search then release the ball, but by then the mode would be over. Did 2 things and never had a problem since.
1. I changed the smart swith out, put in a diffrent switch
2. If the ball has enough speed, it actually hops over the rollover to set off switch. Put a piece of thick padding in the back to slow the ball down just before it drops off the ramp.
I can take pictures in the morning, at work right now

#5 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgif this is the problem you have, this is what I did. I cut the smart switch out, and put in a older non smart switch. image-900.jpgimage-900.jpgI was told by someone that the smart switches are a pain and to swap it, just cut it out and solder an older one in. Forgot to mention I also changed the rubber, noticed the ball would fit by it without even coming into contact with the rollover. Someone might have used wrong size rubber. The other thing I noticed, if the ball has enough speed, when it drops off the ramp, it bounces around. I watched it bounce over the rollover onceimage-507.jpgimage-507.jpgPut thick padding back there, now no more bounce. Hope this helps.
And my play field does pull out, just takes a little more effort than my Sega game that slides out easy

image-230.jpgimage-230.jpg

#6 9 years ago

I apperciate the help and all of the pictures; however, my coil doesn't even fire in search mode. The switch works great though. So I'm thinking I have a broken transistor/board issue. A friend should be able to come by and fix it in a week or two.

My immediate fix would be to take the coil and post completely out of the game. It doesn't seem needed anyway.

And your playfield lifts like mine. But doesn't it look like it should slide forward? I mean there are even rails on the side! How do you raise and lower it without scraping the plastic in the back of the game?

#7 9 years ago

Played this game for the first time at a bar in Waukesha, WI. It's a surprisingly fun game!

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from JeffLadder:

And my play field does pull out

My bad... I missed that line in there. I was afraid to pull it too hard.

#9 9 years ago

It isn't a bad game. It kind of reminds me of LW3. I just need to fix or remove that one ball catch. Everything else works great!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-305.jpgimage-305.jpg
#10 9 years ago

And the problem coil.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-892.jpgimage-892.jpg image-239.jpgimage-239.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rescue-911-right-ramp-ball-catch-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.