(Topic ID: 199322)

Rescue 911 NGD!

By chewbaccadog

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

hi All, Just picked up a Rescue 911. Not the cleanest copy. There is playfield wear near the flippers. There is a crack on the plastic fire on the left side of the playfield. Lastly, the helipcopter works but the blades don't spin.
Any good sources for finding these parts or youtube videos on how to make these repairs?
Playfield wear, is there a good way to protect those areas or even decal them so they don't deterioate further?
where is a good source to find the replacement building?
replacement wiring harness or youtube for fixing the helicopter blades? I have the manual but can't read schematics.
the last thing is I was unable to find the batteries for the board. Any idea where they are on a Gottleib? Help is appreciated!

#2 6 years ago

I had a R911 with the same helicopter problem. The wires break inside that harness. I removed the old wires and ran new flexible stranded wore to the motor. It's not that difficult to.do.

The battery is a button cell on the lower right hand board; the CPU. The cell is actually soldered to the board. Best thing to do is desolder the old one and add a socket for a standard button cell. If you're not comfortable with board work, have someone do it for you.

#3 6 years ago

hey thanks for the advice. I think I am getting some LEDs for the playfield, new pinballs, theres a busted drop target ect. I have some broken plastic inserts which I think will be pretty hard to find.
This is my first chance to get my hands dirty doing upgrades.
Any advise on adding LEDs to this PIN?

#4 6 years ago

Use nonghosting leds in the inserts, gottliebs can ghost pretty bad

#5 6 years ago

At least they do in my class of 1812, now that i think of it, i dont think they really ghost on my gladiators

#6 6 years ago

Yes...they ghost badly in all system 3 games.
It's worth it to buy the non ghosting.
Just finished a Gladiators, cheapo LEDs were ghosting during testing. Went with the NG SMDs

#7 6 years ago

I used comet in gladiators and class of 1812, gladiators isnt noticable, class is, (use color matched leds for the inserts). Wipeout has cointaker i believe and it looks great

#8 6 years ago

Thanks all for the NG advice. I will deffinately follow it. This is my first go at this. Looking forward to getting my hands dirty. Anyone know a good way to decal or protect the ball return lanes? Mine are pretty beat up. Ideally would like to make them look better but if not, at least protect them from getting worse.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rescue-911-ngd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.