• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mrdude
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hi guys,

So I'm working on a Gottlieb's Rescue 911 machine that I got. I picked it up knowing that it didn't consistently pick up the ball. I think I've got that figured out with a new friction wheel and pressure plate in addition to having it lined up right. Sometimes though, when returning with the ball, it will only swing half way before turning back for a little bit. It is inconsistent when it does this. I'm just not sure where to look. I know I have to address the wires as they have been getting in the way of the tail of the helicopter ever since I replaced the parts. A previous owner has also replaced some of the wires, so I will be double checking those as well.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Mods, if this isn't in the correct place, feel free to move it as I figure my way around Pinside. I've been bitten by the pin bug and I'll be spending more time here!

Thanks in advance!

1 week later
#2 2 years ago

I could have been imagining things but I think the helicopter was getting hung up on its own wire so when it didn't reach the other opto sensor in time the game may have told it to do something else.

So far so good after I fixed that and adjusted the helicopter. New pressure plate and friction wheel helped a lot too with its functioning.

#3 2 years ago

My fix, after replacing everything and moving the wire, was to sell the machine....Fixed it for good!

#4 2 years ago

LOL....Thanks IB, I would trade you for one of your fancy games Please bring to the game to the next Arcade Wednesday!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 42.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 249.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside