4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62C00F50-CBD6-433B-A714-1414FC251E7F (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

I have a R911 that the helicopter has been slowing down significantly over the past few weeks. It is getting to the point where it moves so slow now it doesn't arrive to pick up the ball until it it's too late. I did try putting some silicone grease on the gears and that got it to quiet up and move better for a few weeks but now it is back to moving slowing and making a loud squeal sound you can hear through the glass. Any ideas besides somehow trying to find a replacement.

#2 4 years ago

I removed the motor and cleaned the gears and teeth with a toothbrush and some brake clean. I then added some 3 in 1 oil to each of the gear bearings. Also there is a hole on either side of the motor assembly with a felt type material inside. I put a drop or two of oil in these holes and my motor is no longer squealing and is moving very fast and easy. Just figure I would post this up in case others have the same issue.

2 years later
#3 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I removed the motor and cleaned the gears and teeth with a toothbrush and some brake clean. I then added some 3 in 1 oil to each of the gear bearings. Also there is a hole on either side of the motor assembly with a felt type material inside. I put a drop or two of oil in these holes and my motor is no longer squealing and is moving very fast and easy. Just figure I would post this up in case others have the same issue.

Do you have pictures to where those holes are on the felt material things where the oil goes?

1 month later
#4 2 years ago

I dont have any pictures. Loose on the case and look for a small hole. This will be where you lube it up.

5 months later
#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Kidkaos:

Do you have pictures to where those holes are on the felt material things where the oil goes?

Kidkaos here is a pic of the hole with the felt in it on the helicopter mech. If you still need it. There is also one on the other side once you take the bracket off the actual mech. I put about 3 drops of some clock gear lube in there on each side and also some on the actual exposed gears and mine runs super smooth now.

62C00F50-CBD6-433B-A714-1414FC251E7F (resized).jpeg62C00F50-CBD6-433B-A714-1414FC251E7F (resized).jpeg
8 months later
#6 1 year ago

Hi all, thanks for this post! Helped me solve my issue. Helicopter was squealing and not traveling the way it should, moved slow and gave up after awhile. Just needed the gears lubed. Glad this was here!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rescue-911-helicopter-motor-squealing-and-moving-slow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.