Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by joekiss
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P7240365.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Just picked this up. Don't laugh was a good price. Ive never really played it before. The helicopter picks up the ball and randomly drops it. Looks like it should be controlled by the flipper. Helicopter seems to work fine otherwise. Thoughts?

#2 4 years ago

Broken wire.

#3 4 years ago

Don't laugh, it is a great game.... One of my guilty pleasure games....

The harnesses are notorious for going bad on the helicopters on these from all of the movement. Like posted above, most likely a broken wire. I would pull the whole harness out of the helicopter assembly and check it thoroughly, it will need to be done at some point anyways.

#4 4 years ago

Im gonna do a PF teardown and clean. Owners hadn't opened it in years. Anything else I should check for?

#5 4 years ago

Yep, might as well order a couple (for spares) of the rubber grommets for the pivot wheel on the helicopter assembly. Other than that, just verify the smart switches all work too, those are all or none, they don't go out of adjustment.

#6 4 years ago

I personally love that game. Lot of fun.

#7 4 years ago

Lots of fun? Only played it a few times. Its really dirty.

#8 4 years ago

I agree it is probably a problem with the wiring harness. Last time I fixed one I couldn't find where to buy one. Had to make it myself. If you make one be sure to get the wire that is very flexible and not the standard plastic insulation. I tried the standard plastic and it wasn't flexible enough for the movement of the helicopter. I forget the material that the insulation was made of in the wires I used but it was very flexible. I also agree it's a fun game. The one I fixed was my Uncles and I look forward to going over there all the time to play it.

Edit: I think it was silicone insulation but not sure.

2 weeks later
#9 3 years ago

All finished. The helicopter doesn't work at all now. I prob need a manual.

#10 3 years ago

I used wire from an EM part out on one repair and it held up for a couple of years and did not interfere with the operation. It was flexible enough and the cloth insulation wasn't stiff like plastic. I had thought someone made a replacement harness for that a few years back.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

All finished. The helicopter doesn't work at all now. I prob need a manual.

PM sent.

#12 3 years ago

Just found this part in the cabinet...P7240365.JPG

#13 3 years ago

Nothing?

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Just found this part in the cabinet...P7240365.JPG

That's one of the gears that helps rotate the helicoper, but it looks unused.

Have you looked at the diagrams for the helicopter?

#15 3 years ago

Yeah I don't see where it goes. motor seems to work but the helicopter doesn't move. the propeller hasn't worked since I got the game.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Yeah I don't see where it goes. motor seems to work but the helicopter doesn't move. the propeller hasn't worked since I got the game.

Check the continuity on the wiring. If that isn't the issue, then it's likely a mechanical issue.

Look at the schematics in your manual. That gear is clearly visible.

#17 3 years ago

The shaft for the copter that goes through the playfield has 2 of those parts on it with a rubber piece that goes in between them. It will not turn without them hooked up and is most likely the issue you are having. In the manual look at page 75 parts 5A, 5B and 5C. The part you found is either part 5A or 5C and 5B is the rubber piece that hooks them together. Many times the rubber piece is broken and you need a new one. You can get it from PBResource.

Edit: Also make sure those set screws on 5A and 5C are tight so they don't slip.

#18 3 years ago

Did you check out the TNT vid. for Rescue 911 ? Lots of good info. there .

2 weeks later
#19 3 years ago

All back together. The heli wont rotate the right way. I see how it works with the rubber friction piece. just seems to be missing and it wont rotate.

#20 3 years ago

Any thoughts?

#21 3 years ago

Check the friction wheel for flat spots. Joe

#22 3 years ago

I put a brand new one on. Didn't work too well so put the old one back on. Same results.

#23 3 years ago

Is the friction wheel turning?

#24 3 years ago

It doesn't have enough friction... Im going to adjust underneath...

#25 3 years ago

Constant adjustment. Getting close.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
$ 249.00
Machine - For Sale
Bel Air, MD
$ 42.00
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rods Mods
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside