• Latest reply 1 year ago by PinRetail
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CBC9CAF7-1CC9-4A74-89B9-2B49462A7D25 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210705-160116_Chrome (resized).jpg
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

I've been trying to adjust my Rescue 911 helicopter as well, as the arm doesn't rotate it all the way to the end position.

I find that the movement of the arm is much stiffer/harder after the helicopter direction rotation is complete. Looking at that, I get that the rotation of the friction wheel drives the direction change. But the direction of the helicopter is full rotated around after the movement arm has completed only half it's overall movement. After that, the friction wheel is just dragged along the friction plate until the end of the arm movement. No wonder the friction wheel develops flat spots which then keep it from rolling right.

Is this the way this is supposed to work? Seems a poor design. Would be much less stress on the motor and the friction wheel if the change in direction action aligned with a full sweep of movement arm. Or am I missing something?

#52 1 year ago

It's gotta be mechanical.

Is the wiring harness to the copter pulling tight after it is in the spun around position?

Yes, the tire skids on the friction plate when the helicopter is fully spun around.

The tire shouldn't be SO tight on the friction plate that it seriously slows/stops the progress of the Helicopter on it's arc.

Has someone done previous work and made the friction plate really tight against the tire?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rescue-911-helicopter-adjustment/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.