16332560081173763209046163858021 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211002_122007 (resized).jpg
20150531152803590 (resized).jpg
20150531152538411 (resized).jpg
20160510175642658 (resized).jpg
20170705142544412 (resized).jpg
20170704215718511 (resized).jpg
20210920_081802.jpg

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 8 months ago
Quoted from pure_penalty:

Does anyone occasionally get a ball stuck on the helicopter return ramp in the top left of the playfield? It tends to hang out on the left edge of the burning buildings plastic.
I've cut a piece of metal flashing to use as a guide which seems to work pretty well in the photo below. Is there another piece supposed to be there which is missing?
[quoted image]

Mine had some sort of bracket. I didn't spot it in the parts catalog, so don't have a part number for it. PBResource may know.

Note that in the photo where it's fully exposed, it's facing the wrong the direction. I may have spun it around to remove something.

20150531152538411 (resized).jpg20150531152803590 (resized).jpg20160510175642658 (resized).jpg20170704215718511 (resized).jpg20170705142544412 (resized).jpg
#102 8 months ago

ForceFlow - that's an interesting bracket. Looks like it took some effort to clean up!
Digging in the manual gives no specifics either. I guess anything that works is fair game.

#103 8 months ago

I have noticed that if you have an LG tv you get a bunch of channels for free. I forget what its called but that have a bunch. Anyways there is a rescue 911 channel that plays nothing but rescue 911 episodes back to back

1 week later
#104 7 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Mine had some sort of bracket. I didn't spot it in the parts catalog, so don't have a part number for it. PBResource may know.
Note that in the photo where it's fully exposed, it's facing the wrong the direction. I may have spun it around to remove something.

Looking at that playfield, if you take it apart and clean the police car area, I have a decent graphic you can use to print out and put down on top of the worn area.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rescuing-a-rescue-911#post-4890348

#105 7 months ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Looking at that playfield, if you take it apart and clean the police car area, I have a decent graphic you can use to print out and put down on top of the worn area.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rescuing-a-rescue-911#post-4890348

Thanks, but I sold each of the R911's I've owned years ago.

#106 7 months ago

Well, wasn't planning on it but just joined the club.

IMG_20211002_122007 (resized).jpg
#107 7 months ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Well, wasn't planning on it but just joined the club.

Wasn't planning on it? sounds like there is a backstory.

#108 7 months ago

Local used car dealer is going out of business and selling his collection of everything and anything. I went in with a buddy to look around and this pin was sitting there. He has this week left to clear out the building. He said it worked but yesterday when they turned it on it was dead.

Long story short, since it didn't power up I had no way of verifying anything so I made him an offer that I felt like I wouldn't get hurt on if it needed a lot of repairs.

Turns out, sometimes it is a fuse...
Playfield is worn, a couple optos out, helicopter not working, topper light not spinning. I'm sure I'll find other stuff, but for 1k I'm not complaining!

16332560081173763209046163858021 (resized).jpg
#109 7 months ago

Wow - seems like a great find!

If you're going to be placing a parts order from PBR. I'd recommend getting a spare "neoprene sleeve" motor link #30558 if yours is the original black colored one. Pinwiki is accurate that it will eventually fall apart!

#110 7 months ago

Yes, it is in pieces. Lol. I found chunks on the bottom of the cabinet. I need to get a manual. My experience with Gottlieb is limited.

2 weeks later
#111 7 months ago

Hi folks !
A buddy of mine gave me a subwoofer….I didn’t knew what to do with it…So i plugged it to the seakers of my R911…AMAZING !
I don’t play it without now ! Imagine the buzz @ Liveforce !

#112 7 months ago

My Rescue 911 has a really intermittent weird issue. The right flipper button, when pressed, makes the gun shot sound from the Hostage Rescue mission and awards 3 million points. It is really weird that it is only triggered by the right flipper. Any suggestions?

2 months later
#113 4 months ago
Quoted from Thoth:

Has anyone encountered this error?
In normal modes my game plays fine, it is only when you enter either lifeforce or hook & ladder mode there is an issue. After playing either mode for anywhere from instantly to almost the end of the mode everything will stop and I will get " ball stuck call supervisor" on my display. FYI I replaced my optos on the upkicker because it would have difficulty occasionally even though it tested correctly.
Any help is appreciated

New Rescue 911 owner & new to pinside. My machine has this problem. Never saw a response to this post. Any one got an answer?

#114 4 months ago

The optos are famous for broken solder joints... easy fix...

3 weeks later
#115 3 months ago

Is there a decal for the area where flipper wear happens?

EDIT:
Thank you mark532011
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rescuing-a-rescue-911

#116 3 months ago

Just finishing up shopping the game. Turned out pretty nice. Fun game but not sure how long I'll keep it though. Have to make room for Rush.

IMG_20220202_133941 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_20220202_133941 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#117 3 months ago

I know this is an old thread... Im looking for a part number in order to repair my husband's R911. I don't have a solenoid matrix, it's for solenoid #8, the kicker for when the ball isn't lifted up and gets kicked out instead. Anyone have a manual to look up the part #? TIA!

#118 3 months ago

I can look it up tonight if you don't get an answer before

#119 3 months ago
Quoted from Dlighting:

I know this is an old thread... Im looking for a part number in order to repair my husband's R911. I don't have a solenoid matrix, it's for solenoid #8, the kicker for when the ball isn't lifted up and gets kicked out instead. Anyone have a manual to look up the part #? TIA!

The manual lists it as A-16570. I no longer have the game so I can't visually verify.

#120 3 months ago

Dlighting Hopefully this helps and you can see it.

8BEB272D-9ED8-44D7-B2AC-9F689FADF679 (resized).jpeg

#121 3 months ago

would anyone trade there rescue 911 for my exalibur?

Machine - For Sale
Excalibur Archived
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “Huo Excalibur for sale or trade. This thing has a very nice playfield with a signed backglass by Jon Trudeau. Everything is fully working with ground mods and rotten dog driver boa...”
2022-02-09
Santa Barbara, CA
2,600 (OBO)
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 608 times

2 weeks later
#122 85 days ago

Game play question:
Sometimes when I land a ball for helicopter pick up, I get served another ball and the helicopter won't leave til I launch the ball. Ball drop seems to be inactive with these 2 balls in play..

Other times I load a ball, the helicopter leaves right away and ball drop by flipper works

I watched some gameplay video and witnessed these 2 variations. What controls each one of these behaviors?

#123 85 days ago
Quoted from OCD_pinball:

Game play question:
Sometimes when I land a ball for helicopter pick up, I get served another ball and the helicopter won't leave til I launch the ball. Ball drop seems to be inactive with these 2 balls in play..
Other times I load a ball, the helicopter leaves right away and ball drop by flipper works
I watched some gameplay video and witnessed these 2 variations. What controls each one of these behaviors?

Can you get into diagnostics and test the trough, outhole, and helicopter switches?

#124 85 days ago

Mine is the same. I haven't played a ton but I think it is in a mode when it does that. If you have a ball locked it releases it also for multiball. Flippers don't release the heli ball for multiball.

Unless my game is messed up too I think it's normal.

#125 85 days ago

Signing in as R911 member.. pickup Done this weekend. Lots of wear and tear.. Cabinet has no yellow any more. So I can call it a project . More pictures will follow.

Ordered already a lot of parts .

FTN_Ferry

20220226_111726.jpg
#126 85 days ago

Ok,
Read the manual
Yes it is a mode base feature. All is good.

#127 84 days ago

I have a decal for the Police car area near the top of the playfield... My buddy owns a sign shop. I had them made up for mine...

#128 84 days ago

"Jaws of Life" and "Cave In" start with a multiball.
According to the manual, this will happen only the first time you start each mode.

r911_multiball (resized).png
#129 84 days ago

How reliable are the smart switches ?
Do they fail or go flakey .
Sometimes I get a ball stuck via the stop post under the right ramp and ends up in a ball search.
Do they have solder joints that crack?
What are your thoughts.

#130 83 days ago

Ironically enough I have that same issue. I figured mine was because I installed a hardtop.

Side note, when I was doing out the game that switch was early working. After examining, it was put together wrong.

1 month later
#131 38 days ago

I'm cleaning up a Rescue 911 that was rescued from an open air workshop. Since the manuals aren't available on the web, could someone share the rubber listing and diagram? Thanks!

#134 35 days ago

New club member as of today! I just picked up one that is really dirty, all the rubber is gone and about 1/3rd of the lights are out (that is all stuff I can do!).
But as usual, the Heli doesn't work. The blades spin, the heli can rotate in place (after I put the roller back on the friction wheel), but it is stuck in the upper position and I can't even move it by hand. I have the yellow coupler under the playfield that connects the two gears. I took the motor bracket off the bottom of the playfield and I can't move the gears by hand. Should I be able to freely rotate them?

The other issue (that I've found) is that none of the back box lighting is on. I have a manual and will continue google searches, but if anyone has any pointers on those two issues I'd be greatly appreciative.
IMG20220419113226 (resized).jpg

Added 33 days ago:

Got Heli motor working, it was seized up from being dry/dirty. Cleaned gears, lubricated them and lubricated the two little access holes, now the Heli zips through its full range.

Still working on back box, replaced fuse, checked relay in switch test and cleaned contacts but still don't have back box lights.

3 weeks later
#135 14 days ago

Has anyone had a weird insane bonus to their scores on this game? I literally went from around 175,000 to over a billion and had no idea what I did. The funny thing is, the next game I played it also did the same thing with an unknown large increase in score out of the blue for no reason. After that, I couldn't get it to do it anymore. No switches seem to be stuck because if I cradle the ball on a flipper the score doesn't go up by itself. The only thing I noticed is the tournament mode was accidentally on. My Freddy nightmare on elm street did this large increase in score for no reason a few times also.

#136 10 days ago

I've gotten most of my R911 sorted out. Back box lighting was the relay, Heli was clean/oil motor and replace wear parts, replaced beacon with Wolo. But, I still have a few playfield lights out. I replaced lamps, I moved the 3 lamp pcb to different spots to make sure it wasn't the pcb or sockets, reflowed solder on the lamp driver board, but none of that has worked so far. Three of the lights are on the same column, but other lights in that column work. Could that be a bad mosfet?IMG20220514082456 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 36.95
Tools
Magaro Machines
$ 170.96
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!