7FA6B64D-3205-4638-9D17-E0C3FFDBAF93 (resized).jpeg
IMG20220514082456 (resized).jpg
IMG20220419113226 (resized).jpg
r911 playfield.png
r911_multiball (resized).png
20220226_111726.jpg
8BEB272D-9ED8-44D7-B2AC-9F689FADF679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220202_133941 (1) (resized).jpg
There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 4 years ago

Doesn't look like there is a group for fans of the pin Rescue 911 so I am creating one. This is the place to discuss everything related to the pinball machine or even the show. Got a tech issue, post it here, want someone to post a picture of a specific game part, post it here. Got a high score you think no one can beat, post it up.

I was always a fan of the original series. I watched it faithfully every night while it was on tv. Years later I started watching it again on Youtube. I thought it was always a great idea for show as it taught people basic life saving techniques and the show actually helps save many lives. Of course being a huge fan of the original show and being into pinball, getting a R911 pinball is a no brainer for me. Last weekend I was able to add one to my collection. It is a players machine for sure and it was recently pulled off route. It was owned by a vendor and was neglected but I got it for a good price. The helicopter wiring was disconnected, the game had about 2 inches of dust on it. Side rails are rusty, flipper rubbers look like they are the original from when the game was new. My goal is to clean it up, get the helicopter working, led it and put new rubbers on.

I decided to do a quick clean, basically just cleaning what I can get to without removing everything off the playfield. I will do a deep clean when I order new rubbers and led bulbs and do a proper shop job. I got the playfield cleaned up the best I can and put some wax on. The PF actually is in pretty decent shape with minimal wear down by the flippers. There is some wear by the pop bumpers.

I rewired the helicopter and got it so the blade would spin. I noticed that the electromagnet wasn't working so I started to investigate. I found the fuse was missing for the magnet so I replaced it. The coile was now locking on when the game was on. I pulled the driver board and found a bad transistor in q3 and q13. Not sure what q3 controls yet as I ordered a manual from PBR but don't have it yet. Either way it was bad so I replaced it. Replacing transistor q13 got the magnet working like it should. I ordered a new plastic connector piece which connects the linkage of the chopper to the motor and a new rubber friction wheel. I am hoping after getting these installed the chopper will move like it should. The motor is working and is quiet noisy. I may look for a silicon lube to put on the gears to try and quiet it down.

Also the beacon on the top wasn't working. It is getting power up to the beacon so the motor is shot on the beacon. I ordered a new one from amazon. This is a great replacement https://www.amazon.com/Wolo-3110-R-Rotating-Emergency-Warning/dp/B000BNH0UE.

Right now the only issue I am having trouble figuring out is the backbox flashers are not working. The playfield flashers are working, atleast all the ones that i replaced the bulbs in but none of the backbox flashers are working for some reason. I am hoping when the manual comes it will help me figure it out. The GI in the backbox also wasn't working but a new fuse got that working as the old one was missing from there as well.

I will post up more progress when I get it done.

20190512_082618 (resized).jpg20190512_082618 (resized).jpg20190512_082745 (resized).jpg20190512_082745 (resized).jpg20190512_082757 (resized).jpg20190512_082757 (resized).jpg20190512_082801 (resized).jpg20190512_082801 (resized).jpg20190512_090539 (resized).jpg20190512_090539 (resized).jpg20190512_201830 (resized).jpg20190512_201830 (resized).jpg20190512_203827 (resized).jpg20190512_203827 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

Had one before--fun game as long as the helicopter is working properly. As for the show, I watched it often as a kid and I remember my family driving by the Rescue 911 crew filming a re-enactment for one of the episodes of a car that had crashed into a local creek. There was a large group of people watching the film crew do their thing.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Had one before--fun game as long as the helicopter is working properly. As for the show, I watched it often as a kid and I remember my family driving by the Rescue 911 crew filming a re-enactment for one of the episodes of a car that had crashed into a local creek. There was a large group of people watching the film crew do their thing.

Awesome thanks for sharing! That is a neat story, I would of loved to seen that.

There is two episiodes that come to mind of your description of the episode. Both occurred into Indiana.

Car into water, that could of probably been either the one where the women crashed a suburbab into saint jays river in Indiana

Or this one in Napolean Indiana. The car technically doesn't go into the water in the recreation but If I remember correctly there is a creek nearby at the bottom of the hill.

If you can remember an approximate location where they were filming I would love to know it. I am such a fan of the show that I actually am keeping a log of where the episodes were shot. I have about 15 locations found so far. Most of them were done by using google earth and nearby key locations seen on the show to help locate the filming locations.

In the 2nd video link I posted, I always though it was weird how in the recreation the guy guy slides down the hill and there is this classic camaro the women was driving all wrecked up. To me the car looked too "real" almost like it had been there for some time and not placed there for the recreation. I would like to think they wouldn't purposely wreck a classic car like that for the show and that maybe that was the original car the women was driving and they just left it there because it was in such a precarious spot to remove it being on the side of a large hill with lots of trees around.

#4 4 years ago

I ordered a bunch of parts to get the helicopter working hopefully. The ball raise thing is working just fine. The plastic coupler was broken. I tried gluing it just to temporarily see if it would move and the helicopter did move, however it wasn't spinning because the friction wheel has flat spots. Also the helicopter was arriving at the ball lift part too late. Meaning by the time it got close, the ball lift was already descending withe the ball. I am hoping this is just because the coupler was breaking and maybe it was skipping teeth or something. Not sure if there is a way to adjust how long the ball lift stays up? Got a manual coming from PBR along with a new coupler and friction wheel so we will see.

Does anyone have a manual that can tell me what transistor Q3 does? Just curious because mine was bad. I know for my freddy pinball, q3 is for the left kicking bumper and I would imagine that is what this controls on this game too but just wanted to make sure.

My center target beside the captive ball target was just hanging on the bottom of the playfield. The bracket that holds it on to the playfield broke at the bend. I have the other piece and I can weld it back together but this target is triggering constantly. It looks like this is one of those smart switches. Is there a way to adjust this switch so it is not constantly triggering or do I just have to replace it?

20190513_220052 (resized).jpg20190513_220052 (resized).jpg
#5 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Awesome thanks for sharing! That is a neat story, I would of
loved to seen that.
There is two episiodes that come to mind of your description of
the episode. Both occurred into Indiana.
Car into water, that could of probably been either the one where
the women crashed a suburbab into saint jays river in Indiana
Or this one in Napolean Indiana. The car technically doesn't go
into the water in the recreation but If I remember correctly there
is a creek nearby at the bottom of the hill.
If you can remember an approximate location where they were
filming I would love to know it. I am such a fan of the show that I
actually am keeping a log of where the episodes were shot. I have
about 15 locations found so far. Most of them were done by using
google earth and nearby key locations seen on the show to help
locate the filming locations.
In the 2nd video link I posted, I always though it was weird how
in the recreation the guy guy slides down the hill and there is
this classic camaro the women was driving all wrecked up. To me the
car looked too "real" almost like it had been there for some time
and not placed there for the recreation. I would like to think they
wouldn't purposely wreck a classic car like that for the show and
that maybe that was the original car the women was driving and they
just left it there because it was in such a precarious spot to
remove it being on the side of a large hill with lots of trees
around.

It was filmed near Plainfield, Indiana--not far from Indianapolis. I've never heard of either of those places you mentioned. It was this one:

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

It was filmed near Plainfield, Indiana--not far from Indianapolis. I've never heard of either of those places you mentioned. It was this one:

Oh yea forgot about that episode. Thats neat. Any chance you remember the road name where it happened?

#7 4 years ago

Had something interesting happen to my game yesterday. I checked the power supply voltage and it was 5.9 at the power supply and at the P-1 connector that goes to the control board so it was a little high. I turned the game off and pulled the power supply to clean the 5 volt pot with contact cleaner, reflowed solder to the power supply header pins and made sure everything was tight and reinstalled. Adjusted the 5 volts with the boards isolated from the power supply first to get it to 5.01 volts. Then I plugged the top power supply connector back in and tested the volts at 5.01 at the control board. I was playing my second test game and it just completely went dark no power at all. So I started at the line cord and verified 120 volts. Tested all the fuses inside the cabinet near the transformer and they were good. Checked the two fuses on the power supply inside the cabinet. The 2nd one was blown. It was a 2.5 amp slo blow. I replaced it with a 3 amp sb (i know shame shame lol it's all I had at the moment, I am getting a 2.5 for it) The game powered on and worked fine. It has been working fine ever since so I don't know what happened yet. I have yet to reflow solder to the ground board so maybe that caused an issue.

My new beacon light came in. I soldered the connector plug on it and got it installed in the game. Looks and works great, only slight gripe I have is when it illuminates it looks more pink then red. Guessing I could find a 12v red led bulb for it and put in there to make it more red.

Still haven't gotten anywhere with that smart switch, guessing I have to order a new one. Also noticed the top pop bumper is not working. It is registering hits in test mode so I no the skirt is ok. Also the drop targets are not resetting all the time. You can see them try to come up but it's like the coil doesn't have enough strength to move them up.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Oh yea forgot about that episode. Thats neat. Any chance you remember the road name where it happened?

Old State Road 267 and Lake Meski Road is the intersection I passed where the crowd was gathered, probably since there's no other good places for a base to be set up for filming and viewing around there. The actual crash was a bit north of there, I think. The driver went into the creek that runs along 267. The houses don't look much like they did back then, but with street view from 2009 it's closer to how it looked. The bridge at that intersection was an old iron bridge at the time of the accident. If you scroll north on street view from that intersection, the first driveway you come to on the west side of 267 is one of the houses that the guy ran to for help.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.6453007,-86.3874773,3a,75y,339.46h,58.85t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7hA9WiJYy3SrNuqgE1WLRg!2e0!7i3328!8i1664

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Old State Road 267 and Lake Meski Road is the intersection I passed where the crowd was gathered, probably since there's no other good places for a base to be set up for filming and viewing around there. The actual crash was a bit north of there, I think. The driver went into the creek that runs along 267. The houses don't look much like they did back then, but with street view from 2009 it's closer to how it looked. The bridge at that intersection was an old iron bridge at the time of the accident. If you scroll north on street view from that intersection, the first driveway you come to on the west side of 267 is one of the houses that the guy ran to for help.
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.6453007,-86.3874773,3a,75y,339.46h,58.85t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7hA9WiJYy3SrNuqgE1WLRg!2e0!7i3328!8i1664

Awesome, thanks for the info!

#10 4 years ago

Got my new coupler in for the helicoptor and got it working. Only issue is that the helicoptor doesn't turn enough when it initially arrives at the ball so it kind goes beside it. The helicopter comes back slightly though and picks it up. Guess I have to tinker around with it. Even after replacing the friction wheel, it was still not rotating. I had to scuff up the metal plate and I sprayed some spray adhesive on it. Seemed to help

#11 4 years ago

Anyone have any tips for adjusting the helicopter so it is turned enough to reach the ball? Mine is doing this. It almost seems like I have to move the entire arm the helicopter is attached to back more but I am afraid that will put the rubber wheel part halfway off the metal plate it rides on

#12 4 years ago

Got the helicopter on mine working. Only thing is it still does what it shows in the video. It kinda misses the ball the first time but it bumps back against the wall and pulls the ball off on an angle. Almost seems like the arm needs to move back even further but if I do that, I am taking some of the rubber friction wheel off the edge of the pressure plate. Seems kinda counterproductive.

Anyone know any place that sells the burning buildings for the game. Mine is cracked in a couple spots.

2 weeks later
#13 4 years ago

Helicopter has been working pretty good, every once and awhile it will miss the ball, so I adjusted the nose of the chopper so it tilts down closer to the ball. I did this by rotating the shaft the chopper rides on a little. Only issue I have now is the chopper gets to the ball before the ball is all the way up so it kinda goes against the wall to get the ball and bounces away and then goes back in towards the wall where it picks the ball up. Not sure if there is anything I can adjust to make the timing better.

On a side note, did anyone ever make custom instruction apron cards for this game?

#14 4 years ago

Any rescue 911 owners understand what the heck is the point of the rocking chair seen on the DMD during certain points of game play? Just seems out of place and weird. Sometimes there is a person in the rocking chair rocking away, sometimes the chair is empty. Perhaps they got called into action to help save someone hence the empty chair at points lol

1 week later
#15 4 years ago

Got my chopper moving quickly and quietly by adding some three in one oil to the bearings and oil points on either side of the motor. Really made a difference. Now that everythingis working, I plan on adding LED's and shopping it out

Todd just uploaded this interview with Bill Parker who helped design the game. Interesting some of the things he talks about.

#16 4 years ago

Watched the video. Enjoyed learning about Bill Parker ideas on the development of some of his pins. Best of luck on your R911.

#17 4 years ago

Rescue 911 was my first pin! Plastic coupling under the helicopter was broken. After a replacement from Marcos it's been working a dream! I clean the plate and wheel about once a month, I've noticed the helicopter can slip if dust starts to build up.

I'm not big on mods for my pins, but I do plan to add a few LEDs to the helicopter. Will post some pics when complete. I'll always have a special place for Rescue 911, very fun beginner pin.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from chadryan44:

Rescue 911 was my first pin! Plastic coupling under the helicopter was broken. After a replacement from Marcos it's been working a dream! I clean the plate and wheel about once a month, I've noticed the helicopter can slip if dust starts to build up.
I'm not big on mods for my pins, but I do plan to add a few LEDs to the helicopter. Will post some pics when complete. I'll always have a special place for Rescue 911, very fun beginner pin.

Awesome thanks for sharing. It is definitely a fun pin. It can actually be pretty dang fast too! There is a spotlight mod I saw someone on Youtube did where they mounted a bulb socket on the bottom of the chopper so it shines down on the playfield like a spotlight when it is moving. They wired it to the prop motor so it comes on when the prop is spinning. Just make sure you get a 12 volt bulb as the motor runs on 12v.

I bought mine not too longer ago as a working project that was fresh off route and has lived a pretty rough life. It was apparently an export machine in it's early life. Then came back and was put on route in NJ. The rubbers are severely dryrotted I wonder if they may even be the original rubbers.

I had to replace my rubber friction wheel, the coupler, clean and oil the gears for the motor, magnet transistor (locked on magnet) and wire up the harness that comes out of the helicopter and I got mine working. It was great for me because I bought the game not knowing if the helicopter even worked or not. All I heard was a groaning sound of the motor trying to turn. Was great seeing it work fully for the first time!

Mine has the slightest issue where the chopper gets to the ball before the ball is at full lift for some reason. I am trying to think of a solution for that one but it still grabs the ball so it isn't a huge deal. I will post up a video of it.

Got about 50 LEDS and 20 flashers from Comet coming today. Plan on replacing all lights in the back box with LEDS and using some of the extras on other games. Then I will sit down and figure out what and how many and what color LEDS I want for playfield and order them and a rubber ring kit and finally get those old dry rotted rubbers off this severely neglected game. Then I will do some cabinet touch up where I can, maybe replace the side rails , replace the legs and call it done.

#19 4 years ago

Leds came in from comet. Pulled the back box door off and scrubbed it down to get all the dust off. Put the new comet led's and flashers in and it looks great. Sorry I forgot to get a picture of it lit up with the marquee on. I will get one tonight. The one photo of it with the marquee shows it before with the standard incandescent s and no flashers at all.

20190620_211512 (resized).jpg20190620_211512 (resized).jpg20190620_212248 (resized).jpg20190620_212248 (resized).jpg20190620_213741 (resized).jpg20190620_213741 (resized).jpg20190620_214218 (resized).jpg20190620_214218 (resized).jpg
#20 4 years ago

And as promised here is a video of my chopper in action. Any ideas what I can do to get the ball lift to be more in time with the chopper. As you will see the ball is still being raised by the time the chopper goes over top. I tried bending the ball lift down switch to try and get it to trigger earlier but no luck.

1 month later
#21 4 years ago

Hello all. I've recently acquired a Rescue 911 and am joining the club. My machine is missing the acrylic captive balls. I am going to insert standard balls for now, but does anyone know where I can find clear replacements so they light up? I have googled around but cannot find the right size...

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

And as promised here is a video of my chopper in action. Any ideas what I can do to get the ball lift to be more in time with the chopper. As you will see the ball is still being raised by the time the chopper goes over top. I tried bending the ball lift down switch to try and get it to trigger earlier but no luck.

My Uncle's does the same thing. The few others that I have seen do it also. I have not seen one that will pick up the ball the moment it gets there.

#23 4 years ago

I figured out that PBResource has the captive balls, so I'll be ordering from them, along with some heli parts.

Next question...anyone have any leads on a replacement for the burning city scape molded plastic? Internet searches have come up with nothing.

Thanks!

1 week later
#24 4 years ago
Quoted from sporazoa:

I figured out that PBResource has the captive balls, so I'll be ordering from them, along with some heli parts.
Next question...anyone have any leads on a replacement for the burning city scape molded plastic? Internet searches have come up with nothing.
Thanks!

I need the city scapes as well and have had no luck so far

2 weeks later
#25 4 years ago

Considering joining the club, but I need to know the exact dimensions of a 911 cabinet folded down from top to bottom at the highest point (legs off, of course). My SUV will just fit a Stern or Williams, but I've never tried a Gottlieb. I'm aware of the pinwiki site about vehicles that hold a pin, but I need to be sure before buying a 911. Could someone please measure and get back to me? Much appreciated.

#26 4 years ago

Hey I just discovered this thread. I love my 911. I created a thread showing my work to get the playfield looking decent without having to repaint. I have scaled graphics of the police car area in the back and the bottom area if anyone wants them. A rough and ready solution is to print them onto sticky paper, put a protective Mylar on top and stick them right to the pf.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rescuing-a-rescue-911

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Mine does the same thing, it’s kind of a double bump into the plastic withe ball being picked up the second time

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Considering joining the club, but I need to know the exact dimensions of a 911 cabinet folded down from top to bottom at the highest point (legs off, of course). My SUV will just fit a Stern or Williams, but I've never tried a Gottlieb. I'm aware of the pinwiki site about vehicles that hold a pin, but I need to be sure before buying a 911. Could someone please measure and get back to me? Much appreciated.

Got the answer I was looking for through a PM--32.25 inches at the highest point. 30 3/8 at the lowest point with head down. Thanks. Based on these dimensions, my 2016 Ford Escape can just fit this pin.

1 week later
#29 4 years ago

Picked up a rescue 911 last week..same owner for 15 years, I have a nice collection and several gotliebs so I thought why not..took everything off to shop , clean, and all led's. New rubber spline for the helicopter shaft, and some other new parts. Finished it up today.., then found helicopter not quite working..looks like the aluminum gear that uses set screw to attach to shaft won't stay tight..ordering new ones tomorrow..here's a before, during, and after.. oh..anybody source a new plastic city on left..? Mine is decent...but I'd like to replace.

IMAG3229 (resized).jpgIMAG3229 (resized).jpgIMAG3275 (resized).jpgIMAG3275 (resized).jpgIMAG3389 (resized).jpgIMAG3389 (resized).jpg
#30 4 years ago

Looks nice!

1 month later
#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Picked up a rescue 911 last week..same owner for 15 years, I have a nice collection and several gotliebs so I thought why not..took everything off to shop , clean, and all led's. New rubber spline for the helicopter shaft, and some other new parts. Finished it up today.., then found helicopter not quite working..looks like the aluminum gear that uses set screw to attach to shaft won't stay tight..ordering new ones tomorrow..here's a before, during, and after.. oh..anybody source a new plastic city on left..? Mine is decent...but I'd like to replace.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome looks great. I just shopped mine out this weekend adding all new rubbers and all LED's. Tried removing the mylar which started to peel the paint off so I stopped that idea quickly. I need to touch up the area that the paint peeled. The game plays so much faster then before with all new rubbers and fresh clean and wax. Also my helicopter is working much better then before. Does anyone else have an issue where when the ball goes into the hospital hole that sometimes it comes up the up kicker and it drops the ball lock immediately so you get seamless flow and sometimes it comes up the upkicker, sits at the pin for the ball lock for a second before the game releases it causing a little bit of a delay?

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Tried removing the mylar which started to peel the paint off so I stopped that idea quickly.

Yikes, yeah, I would *highly* discourage mylar removal on system 3 games, especially if you have no prior experience with it.

Quoted from fatality83:

Does anyone else have an issue where when the ball goes into the hospital hole that sometimes it comes up the up kicker and it drops the ball lock immediately so you get seamless flow and sometimes it comes up the upkicker, sits at the pin for the ball lock for a second before the game releases it causing a little bit of a delay?

I'm not quite sure what you're describing. If you suspect the game isn't reacting correctly, I would go through and check all the optos in that area of the playfield. It's not uncommon for them to go bad. Also check to make sure both optical and mechanical switches aren't triggering other switches--there could be an issue in the switch matrix.

5 months later
#33 4 years ago

Does anyone know if there is an adjustment for the slingshot from the helicopter capture? Every shot that is sent back around (not picked up by helicopter) goes down the exact center, every one... we just played 12 games and not once did the shot ever come down where a flipper could touch it. We have basically given up on any shot up to it.

The virtual version of 911 always comes down where the flipper can hit it, so I was wondering if there was an adjustment

#34 4 years ago

I've starting working on a 911.
Can the playfield be raised and tilted to rest on the back box ? I've used the prop rod , pulled it forward to rest on the brackets on the front of the cabinet, but never tried tilting it all the to the backbox. Can it be done

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from OCD_pinball:

I've starting working on a 911.
Can the playfield be raised and tilted to rest on the back box ? I've used the prop rod , pulled it forward to rest on the brackets on the front of the cabinet, but never tried tilting it all the to the backbox. Can it be done

Yes it can be done. That's how I have worked on mine.

2 weeks later
#36 3 years ago

Everytime I turn around I find something else.
Mangled ball lift to the helicopter.
This isn't right is it?
Don't know how or why it's like this, but
It did work though.
Does someone have a picture of what it should look like ?

IMG_20200429_134211891 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_134211891 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_134217379 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_134217379 (resized).jpg
#37 3 years ago

Sorry you are having trouble, I have no idea how that would have happened. That is a hefty piece of metal and I don’t think the motor could have done it.

Anyway, here are some pics. I hope these are good enough

2AD817D6-56BD-4B11-98CC-B73A41C9FBE9 (resized).jpeg2AD817D6-56BD-4B11-98CC-B73A41C9FBE9 (resized).jpeg82A378A4-DCDA-422E-B395-309F6BD4B678 (resized).jpeg82A378A4-DCDA-422E-B395-309F6BD4B678 (resized).jpegBCFCFC31-F5F1-4700-839D-FD95C669C54E (resized).jpegBCFCFC31-F5F1-4700-839D-FD95C669C54E (resized).jpeg
#38 3 years ago

Thanks for the pictures. Just wanted to confirm how it's suppose to be.
Time to get the hammer , anvil, and brake and form it back to original.
Thank you again.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from OCD_pinball:

Thanks for the pictures. Just wanted to confirm how it's suppose to be.
Time to get the hammer , anvil, and brake and form it back to original.
Thank you again.

Should be able to carefully get it back into shape. Seems like someone may have leaned on the helicopter mechanism and bent it up

3 weeks later
#40 3 years ago

Ebay Seller has Rescue 911 NOS Translites for $10 obo... I offered $7 and got mine with shipping it was under $20 and he sent me two of them... One in perfect shape and one with a few minor blems... better than the scratched up one I had... go get em boys!

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Ebay Seller has Rescue 911 NOS Translites for $10 obo... I offered $7 and got mine with shipping it was under $20 and he sent me two of them... One in perfect shape and one with a few minor blems... better than the scratched up one I had... go get em boys!

Thanks for the heads up! I have a couple of issues on mine. I sent a $7 offer as well.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Thanks for the heads up! I have a couple of issues on mine. I sent a $7 offer as well.

hope you get one!

1 week later
#43 3 years ago

I just picked up my Rescue 911 today. Can you tell me where the serial number(s) are located? I can't seem to find any. Thanks.

#44 3 years ago

They made Rescue 911 Slot cars! Got one off of Ebay... have a White one coming also... they fit perfectly in the machine and match perfectly also...

what do you think! A Rescue 911 Toy Mod!

rescue car 1 (resized).jpgrescue car 1 (resized).jpgrescue car 2 - Edited (resized).jpgrescue car 2 - Edited (resized).jpg
#45 3 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

I just picked up my Rescue 911 today. Can you tell me where the serial number(s) are located? I can't seem to find any. Thanks.

There should be a white sticker on the apron along where the ball drains.

There is also sometimes a set of black numbers stamped on the inside of the cabinet body, usually on a bridge support.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

There should be a white sticker on the apron along where the ball drains.
There is also sometimes a set of black numbers stamped on the inside of the cabinet body, usually on a bridge support.

Found it, thanks ! I wanted to update it on the Internet Pinball Serial Number Database.

#47 3 years ago

Another newbie question: I notice the pics on IPDB show the game has a red light on top of the head. Mine is blue. Did they make blue ones, or is this an aftermarket piece?

6C0F74D1-FCC1-4F5A-B845-49527177E141 (resized).jpeg6C0F74D1-FCC1-4F5A-B845-49527177E141 (resized).jpeg
#48 3 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

Another newbie question: I notice the pics on IPDB show the game has a red light on top of the head. Mine is blue. Did they make blue ones, or is this an aftermarket piece?[quoted image]

Only red. Someone substituted something else.

Pinwiki has two models listed that are exact replacements for the original red beacon:

https://www.pinwiki.com//wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_3&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop#Rescue_911

#49 3 years ago

Mine is blue too. I need to replace it and all I can find are blue or amber ones. Mine is having issues right now that I cannot for the life of me figure out and it’s probably something stupid. The main issue I’m worried about is the tournament switch isn’t working. I’ve checked all of the kicking targets like suggested and the wiring is good. I manually triggered every switch in the game and the only issues that came up were the lower pop bumper not firing but it was triggered, and the skill shot habitrail entrance opto not working. Checked wiring on it and everything is attached so either it’s dirty or needs replaced. I even unplugged the coin door to see if maybe something on that was wired wrong and prevented it from triggering. The helicopter works good though which is more than can be said for most of them

#50 3 years ago

you need the switch matrix... the tournament switch is part of it...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rescue-911-club-mr-shapiro-step-away-from-the-car-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.