Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by fatality83
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190513_220052 (resized).jpg
20190512_203827 (resized).jpg
20190512_201830 (resized).jpg
20190512_082618 (resized).jpg
20190512_090539 (resized).jpg
20190512_082801 (resized).jpg
20190512_082757 (resized).jpg
20190512_082745 (resized).jpg

#1 12 days ago

Doesn't look like there is a group for fans of the pin Rescue 911 so I am creating one. This is the place to discuss everything related to the pinball machine or even the show. Got a tech issue, post it here, want someone to post a picture of a specific game part, post it here. Got a high score you think no one can beat, post it up.

I was always a fan of the original series. I watched it faithfully every night while it was on tv. Years later I started watching it again on Youtube. I thought it was always a great idea for show as it taught people basic life saving techniques and the show actually helps save many lives. Of course being a huge fan of the original show and being into pinball, getting a R911 pinball is a no brainer for me. Last weekend I was able to add one to my collection. It is a players machine for sure and it was recently pulled off route. It was owned by a vendor and was neglected but I got it for a good price. The helicopter wiring was disconnected, the game had about 2 inches of dust on it. Side rails are rusty, flipper rubbers look like they are the original from when the game was new. My goal is to clean it up, get the helicopter working, led it and put new rubbers on.

I decided to do a quick clean, basically just cleaning what I can get to without removing everything off the playfield. I will do a deep clean when I order new rubbers and led bulbs and do a proper shop job. I got the playfield cleaned up the best I can and put some wax on. The PF actually is in pretty decent shape with minimal wear down by the flippers. There is some wear by the pop bumpers.

I rewired the helicopter and got it so the blade would spin. I noticed that the electromagnet wasn't working so I started to investigate. I found the fuse was missing for the magnet so I replaced it. The coile was now locking on when the game was on. I pulled the driver board and found a bad transistor in q3 and q13. Not sure what q3 controls yet as I ordered a manual from PBR but don't have it yet. Either way it was bad so I replaced it. Replacing transistor q13 got the magnet working like it should. I ordered a new plastic connector piece which connects the linkage of the chopper to the motor and a new rubber friction wheel. I am hoping after getting these installed the chopper will move like it should. The motor is working and is quiet noisy. I may look for a silicon lube to put on the gears to try and quiet it down.

Also the beacon on the top wasn't working. It is getting power up to the beacon so the motor is shot on the beacon. I ordered a new one from amazon. This is a great replacement amazon.com link »

Right now the only issue I am having trouble figuring out is the backbox flashers are not working. The playfield flashers are working, atleast all the ones that i replaced the bulbs in but none of the backbox flashers are working for some reason. I am hoping when the manual comes it will help me figure it out. The GI in the backbox also wasn't working but a new fuse got that working as the old one was missing from there as well.

I will post up more progress when I get it done.

20190512_082618 (resized).jpg20190512_082745 (resized).jpg20190512_082757 (resized).jpg20190512_082801 (resized).jpg20190512_090539 (resized).jpg20190512_201830 (resized).jpg20190512_203827 (resized).jpg
#2 11 days ago

Had one before--fun game as long as the helicopter is working properly. As for the show, I watched it often as a kid and I remember my family driving by the Rescue 911 crew filming a re-enactment for one of the episodes of a car that had crashed into a local creek. There was a large group of people watching the film crew do their thing.

#3 11 days ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Had one before--fun game as long as the helicopter is working properly. As for the show, I watched it often as a kid and I remember my family driving by the Rescue 911 crew filming a re-enactment for one of the episodes of a car that had crashed into a local creek. There was a large group of people watching the film crew do their thing.

Awesome thanks for sharing! That is a neat story, I would of loved to seen that.

There is two episiodes that come to mind of your description of the episode. Both occurred into Indiana.

Car into water, that could of probably been either the one where the women crashed a suburbab into saint jays river in Indiana

Or this one in Napolean Indiana. The car technically doesn't go into the water in the recreation but If I remember correctly there is a creek nearby at the bottom of the hill.

If you can remember an approximate location where they were filming I would love to know it. I am such a fan of the show that I actually am keeping a log of where the episodes were shot. I have about 15 locations found so far. Most of them were done by using google earth and nearby key locations seen on the show to help locate the filming locations.

In the 2nd video link I posted, I always though it was weird how in the recreation the guy guy slides down the hill and there is this classic camaro the women was driving all wrecked up. To me the car looked too "real" almost like it had been there for some time and not placed there for the recreation. I would like to think they wouldn't purposely wreck a classic car like that for the show and that maybe that was the original car the women was driving and they just left it there because it was in such a precarious spot to remove it being on the side of a large hill with lots of trees around.

#4 11 days ago

I ordered a bunch of parts to get the helicopter working hopefully. The ball raise thing is working just fine. The plastic coupler was broken. I tried gluing it just to temporarily see if it would move and the helicopter did move, however it wasn't spinning because the friction wheel has flat spots. Also the helicopter was arriving at the ball lift part too late. Meaning by the time it got close, the ball lift was already descending withe the ball. I am hoping this is just because the coupler was breaking and maybe it was skipping teeth or something. Not sure if there is a way to adjust how long the ball lift stays up? Got a manual coming from PBR along with a new coupler and friction wheel so we will see.

Does anyone have a manual that can tell me what transistor Q3 does? Just curious because mine was bad. I know for my freddy pinball, q3 is for the left kicking bumper and I would imagine that is what this controls on this game too but just wanted to make sure.

My center target beside the captive ball target was just hanging on the bottom of the playfield. The bracket that holds it on to the playfield broke at the bend. I have the other piece and I can weld it back together but this target is triggering constantly. It looks like this is one of those smart switches. Is there a way to adjust this switch so it is not constantly triggering or do I just have to replace it?

20190513_220052 (resized).jpg
#5 10 days ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Awesome thanks for sharing! That is a neat story, I would of
loved to seen that.
There is two episiodes that come to mind of your description of
the episode. Both occurred into Indiana.
Car into water, that could of probably been either the one where
the women crashed a suburbab into saint jays river in Indiana
Or this one in Napolean Indiana. The car technically doesn't go
into the water in the recreation but If I remember correctly there
is a creek nearby at the bottom of the hill.
If you can remember an approximate location where they were
filming I would love to know it. I am such a fan of the show that I
actually am keeping a log of where the episodes were shot. I have
about 15 locations found so far. Most of them were done by using
google earth and nearby key locations seen on the show to help
locate the filming locations.
In the 2nd video link I posted, I always though it was weird how
in the recreation the guy guy slides down the hill and there is
this classic camaro the women was driving all wrecked up. To me the
car looked too "real" almost like it had been there for some time
and not placed there for the recreation. I would like to think they
wouldn't purposely wreck a classic car like that for the show and
that maybe that was the original car the women was driving and they
just left it there because it was in such a precarious spot to
remove it being on the side of a large hill with lots of trees
around.

It was filmed near Plainfield, Indiana--not far from Indianapolis. I've never heard of either of those places you mentioned. It was this one:

#6 10 days ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

It was filmed near Plainfield, Indiana--not far from Indianapolis. I've never heard of either of those places you mentioned. It was this one:

Oh yea forgot about that episode. Thats neat. Any chance you remember the road name where it happened?

#7 10 days ago

Had something interesting happen to my game yesterday. I checked the power supply voltage and it was 5.9 at the power supply and at the P-1 connector that goes to the control board so it was a little high. I turned the game off and pulled the power supply to clean the 5 volt pot with contact cleaner, reflowed solder to the power supply header pins and made sure everything was tight and reinstalled. Adjusted the 5 volts with the boards isolated from the power supply first to get it to 5.01 volts. Then I plugged the top power supply connector back in and tested the volts at 5.01 at the control board. I was playing my second test game and it just completely went dark no power at all. So I started at the line cord and verified 120 volts. Tested all the fuses inside the cabinet near the transformer and they were good. Checked the two fuses on the power supply inside the cabinet. The 2nd one was blown. It was a 2.5 amp slo blow. I replaced it with a 3 amp sb (i know shame shame lol it's all I had at the moment, I am getting a 2.5 for it) The game powered on and worked fine. It has been working fine ever since so I don't know what happened yet. I have yet to reflow solder to the ground board so maybe that caused an issue.

My new beacon light came in. I soldered the connector plug on it and got it installed in the game. Looks and works great, only slight gripe I have is when it illuminates it looks more pink then red. Guessing I could find a 12v red led bulb for it and put in there to make it more red.

Still haven't gotten anywhere with that smart switch, guessing I have to order a new one. Also noticed the top pop bumper is not working. It is registering hits in test mode so I no the skirt is ok. Also the drop targets are not resetting all the time. You can see them try to come up but it's like the coil doesn't have enough strength to move them up.

#8 9 days ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Oh yea forgot about that episode. Thats neat. Any chance you remember the road name where it happened?

Old State Road 267 and Lake Meski Road is the intersection I passed where the crowd was gathered, probably since there's no other good places for a base to be set up for filming and viewing around there. The actual crash was a bit north of there, I think. The driver went into the creek that runs along 267. The houses don't look much like they did back then, but with street view from 2009 it's closer to how it looked. The bridge at that intersection was an old iron bridge at the time of the accident. If you scroll north on street view from that intersection, the first driveway you come to on the west side of 267 is one of the houses that the guy ran to for help.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.6453007,-86.3874773,3a,75y,339.46h,58.85t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7hA9WiJYy3SrNuqgE1WLRg!2e0!7i3328!8i1664

#9 9 days ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Old State Road 267 and Lake Meski Road is the intersection I passed where the crowd was gathered, probably since there's no other good places for a base to be set up for filming and viewing around there. The actual crash was a bit north of there, I think. The driver went into the creek that runs along 267. The houses don't look much like they did back then, but with street view from 2009 it's closer to how it looked. The bridge at that intersection was an old iron bridge at the time of the accident. If you scroll north on street view from that intersection, the first driveway you come to on the west side of 267 is one of the houses that the guy ran to for help.
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.6453007,-86.3874773,3a,75y,339.46h,58.85t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7hA9WiJYy3SrNuqgE1WLRg!2e0!7i3328!8i1664

Awesome, thanks for the info!

#10 9 days ago

Got my new coupler in for the helicoptor and got it working. Only issue is that the helicoptor doesn't turn enough when it initially arrives at the ball so it kind goes beside it. The helicopter comes back slightly though and picks it up. Guess I have to tinker around with it. Even after replacing the friction wheel, it was still not rotating. I had to scuff up the metal plate and I sprayed some spray adhesive on it. Seemed to help

#11 9 days ago

Anyone have any tips for adjusting the helicopter so it is turned enough to reach the ball? Mine is doing this. It almost seems like I have to move the entire arm the helicopter is attached to back more but I am afraid that will put the rubber wheel part halfway off the metal plate it rides on

#12 5 days ago

Got the helicopter on mine working. Only thing is it still does what it shows in the video. It kinda misses the ball the first time but it bumps back against the wall and pulls the ball off on an angle. Almost seems like the arm needs to move back even further but if I do that, I am taking some of the rubber friction wheel off the edge of the pressure plate. Seems kinda counterproductive.

Anyone know any place that sells the burning buildings for the game. Mine is cracked in a couple spots.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Bel Air, MD
$ 50.00
$ 42.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside