• 8 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Pacer
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Greetings,

I'm rehabbing a Rescue 911. When I opened the backbox, the wire from the beacon was hanging unattached. I found a wire coming off the back of the translite board that was in the correct general area, could reach to the connector for the beacon, and had a matching connector. I plugged it in but got no response. I have the manual, but can't find any reference to the topper beacon in the manual, not even in the wiring schematic. The onboard diagnostics also don't seem to acknowledge the beacon or provide for testing it.

Can anyone tell me if I've properly attached the wire for the beacon, and if not, what color wires I should be looking for and where those wires lead from the beacon.

Thanks in advance.

#2 8 years ago

So, I did hook it up to the right connector, the wire colors match. I think I found a reference to the beacon on p. 60 of the manual, referring to the "mars light" that is powered by Q21, solenoid 20. I ground the tab on Q21 and get no response. The nomenclature of being solenoid 20 and the manual listing of it along the wire trace makes me think that the solenoid is disposed between the light and the driver board. This makes me think that I'm looking for a relay solenoid that is activated by Q21 to then supply continuous power to the beacon.

I've further found a schematic of the "playboard" on page 56... is this just a schematic of the wires on the underside of the playing surface? Looks like I can further track the relevant wires back to connector A3J6.

#3 8 years ago

ok, I'm getting no responses here... I must be asking poor questions.

So, let me change my ask. Can anyone show me the motor and the wiring of the motor and the lamp socket in the beacon light? After confirming all my wiring was good from the board to the lamp connector, I opened up the beacon to find that whatever motor is supposed to be in the lamp is not there, just a bracket for holding the part. Accordingly, if anyone can show me what's supposed to be there, or better yet give me a part number for the motor that spins the lamp, that would be very apprecated. The manual doesn't go into any detail on the innards of the lamp assembly that I can find.

#4 8 years ago

Do you have the appropriate parts manual for the game? A lot of the assemblies are shown in exploded views with all the part numbers.

#5 8 years ago

I do have the manual. I see many assemblies, but not the beacon. Page 63 is a table of contents for the assemblies shown, and there's no listing of the beacon (Mars Lamp). Page 64 shows lower cabinet parts, page 74 shows the lamp layout for lightbox board (that illuminates the translight). But no showing of the beacon. Page 76 states that "revolving signal lamp" is a unique part and has part number 27742, but that's as much as I get.

Thus, I'm asking for a picture and part #'s for the internal pieces.

Thanks.

#6 8 years ago

Well, if all else fails, you could try contacting PBResource.

I don't seem to be turning up any helpful resources through a google search.

#7 8 years ago

Thanks. I did drop pbresource a line to see what they have. I also have done some extensive online searching and gotten nowhere. Thus, I'm resorting to requesting a hands on picture from a kind soul on this board.

Thanks again.

#8 8 years ago

Good news. PBR got back to me. While they sell replacement rubber to help the mechanism rotate properly, the light assembly is an off-the-shelf commercially available part. A Peterson Model 771R assembly (comes in many colors, 771R is red, 771A is amber, 771B is blue). I'll need to rewire it, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rescue-911-beacon-wiring-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.