You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Zac 3.JPG
Zac 3.JPG
Zac 1.JPG
Zac 2.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nagamitsu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

So still trying to figure this out. Am thinking I just need some guidance. If I sent someone a link to a schematic, would someone be able to possibly pinpoint and point out maybe where I need to concentrate? I'm 100% sure this is just a matter of a combination of switch adjustment/cleaning. (was able to get one proper game played)

Symptom:
Bonus adds up during play. Upon ball drain, it is supposed to hand out the bonus and reset the bonus, followed by ejecting the ball into shooting lane. It's not doing this. Had a friend over, who's availability isn't the greatest, and with some fiddling of adjustment/cleaning of switches, this did work properly once, but no longer is working.

I have a legible image of schematic, maybe someone who's good with EM and schematics could suggest a concentrated area of relays/switches that I can check?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

#4 9 years ago

The game does NOT know the ball drained, if there is an active bonus "lit" or needing to reset basically.

If there is no bonus scored/lit on playfield, the game knows the ball has drained and ejects it into the shooter lane just fine.

The advance bonus counter under the playfield, operates fine (advancing/reversing) if the related relays to trigger it to do so, are manually activated. So the bonus scores up with normal play, it does not however reset or go in reverse to its zero position on ball drain. (but relay that handles that, if manually activated, does reverse it)

Tim

#8 9 years ago

Thanks! I'll try to track down the path of these, problem with me and schematics, they just confuse me more. All coils are functioning. The switches on the impulse on score motor appear to be correct and clean. In third pic, looks like I should be looking for a yellow-black wire and anything connected/around it

Tim

#10 9 years ago

Still doesn't help. I have a decent copy of the full schematic, and seeing at least what wires are coloured what, helps a bit, but all the wires sort of blend in for colour or partially faded as it is.

I just want the game working. I look over the schematic multiple times, the score motor switches are opening/closing properly on all levels. I can't figure out physically in the machine, which set of switches could be the cause. The pics above are actually quite different than what I can see in my schematic.

Tim

#13 9 years ago

Sorry, just wasn't finding those areas myself. But that last one I have and is helpful thank you! I've found that section on my schematic. That "bonus unit open or zero" circled in blue, would that be a coil/relay on the underneath of playfield, just "south" of the outhole?

There is a coil/relay there that seems that it may be this might be an issue. I've not seen it activate at all, although manually activating it seems to do nothing either.

Tim

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Another part to check.
Sorry i had to step out and not finish the previous circuit snip,but this m&b at the unit itself is essential to the bonus relay pulling in and the contact shown in the first snip allowing the bonus reset coil to energize and work proper.
When the outhole switch is closed[ball closes contacts] circled in red the path the to the bonus relay will not flow the way its shown on the schematic to the bonus relay[only the outhole relay will energize] when at zero state. When the state of contacts circled in blue is at the other state the m&b changes the path and it will allow the path to the bonus relay. Check those contacts too.
Just another thing to check thats common among bonus issues.

Zac 3.JPG 8 KB

Ok, you Sir are genius! Thank you! This indeed was the cause of the problem. Cleaned that switch set more and adjusted it, problem no longer happening!

Tim

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nagamitsu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/requesting-some-advice-on-my-zaccaria-supersonic-issue?tu=nagamitsu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.