(Topic ID: 269739)

Requesting buyer ettiquette advice (for a first timer)

By A-1Bogart

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PersonX99
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sale5.png
    Sale4.png
    Sale3.png
    Sale2.png
    Sale1.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boof-ed.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 1 year ago

Things have changed for me as as seller.
    I live a quite a distance away from most buyers so I used to hold a pin with no deposit trying to do the right thing for people that sounded genuine until I realised that A lot of buyers didn’t even bother to turn up or just pulled out.

Then when I started to take a deposit, I got caught quite a few times holding the pin for a very substantial time while some buyers obviously didn’t have all the money and were just trying to lock the pin in, their wives said no, their dog needed braces or whatever lame excuse they came up with.

All of these times I had numerous inquiries and could have sold to other buyers but missed them.

Now I don’t take a deposit and say the pin is sold when it’s paid for. I’ll hold for a couple of hrs, enough time to organise a trip to inspect or pick up.

In saying this there was transactions that went very smoothly and I have sold to some of these guys now several times. Probably 50/50 good.

A buyer that offers to direct deposit straight away shows me they are serious, even though I never accept this, these are the people I will hold a short time for and are always a good experience.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boof-ed.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside