Request: Stern 24 Gameplay Video

By jhoward1082

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• 24 Stern, 2009
#1 11 years ago

Anyone with a Stern 24 willing to shoot a nice gameplay video? I've always been curious to see more of this game and there is an absolute dearth of decent gameplay vids (or even one for that matter). I know it doesn't get the best ratings/reviews but it looks like it has a ton of toys and some interesting shots.

#3 11 years ago

Not really... as I said, not one decent gameplay video. I'm not even looking for HD necessarily, although it would be nice. Just a stationary, top view, camera angle that shows a complete game or two.

#4 11 years ago

The theme killed this one for popularity. Personally, I liked the show and the monotone tendencies of Chloe would fall flat on anyone that wasn't a fan of the show. There is one on location near me, but it is slowly fading to death since it isn't properly maintained.

As for gameplay, it's a Steve Ritchie/Lyman game. We all know how the ground they walk on is pre-covered in rose petals and fairy dust anymore. I'm surprised it hasn't experienced a resurgence based on that alone.

Aside from the suitcase, the toys are cheaply made. This was the start of the cruddy "toys" that are just a piece of flat plastic with inkjet art on them.

Gameplay, the game is fun. It has decent flow. Everything is basically a "hurry up" mode, so you have to like that or else you'll get irritated. The playfield sniper targets are the best aspect of the game. I love hitting those.

That's my 2 cents for what it is worth. I'd buy it in a hearbeat if I got offered a good deal.

1 month later
#5 11 years ago

I have a short video of me not doing well in the wizard mode that I will try to get up on youtube soon (and post the link), but I can try to get a more complete gameplay video if my batteries last. Games on this one tend to go for a while (last night I got 176 mil on ball 1 and qualified wizard mode (3rd time ever!). People crap all over it but once you get into it, it's a pretty cool game. Ok, the toys are not super exciting, but the gameplay can get fairly deep once you really delve into it.

1 week later
#7 11 years ago

Jared - Riggy (Dan) on NEACF was selling a beautiful HUO. I think he still has it. Below is a video of it by John, "We're in the basement"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, OR
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anniston, AL
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/request-stern-24-gameplay-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.