Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by MikeO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Pinball (resized).png
BD Schematic 5 (resized).jpg
BD Schematic 4 (resized).jpg
BD Schematic 2 (resized).jpg
BD Schematic 3 (resized).jpg
BD Schematic 1 (resized).jpg

#1 5 months ago

I’m currently working on a complete extensive shop out of the 63 Williams Big Daddy I got at the Tulsa auction in February.

I’ve gone through every single switch, relay, mech, score reel, stepper, etc. with a fine tooth comb. Having been a Gottlieb EM guy for most of my pinball collecting hobby I’m very impressed with how well these early 60’s Williams games were built. There is nothing on this game that hasn’t held up mechanically that I have discovered on the game. I’ve gone through and dremeled/swabbed every switch, adjusted switch settings where needed, disassembled all the score reels and cleaned and lubricated them were indicated, brushed the jones plugs, etc. Everything looks functionally sound and set up properly.

I put the whole game together on Sunday and turned it on for the first time and the score motor continues to run. I've disconnected the coin door and the playfield with no change.

In going through the schematic it is unclear to me how to interpret what can cause the score motor to run. On Gottlieb schematics it's a simple rung they show on it relative to the score motor. Not the case here.

A friend looked at the schematic and pointed me to the target relay, 25 cent relay, game over relay, 5 point relay, and 50 point relay as locations where a switch resides that can cause the score motor to run. I don’t see how you interpret in this schematic that it can cause the score motor to run.

Can anyone shed some light on how to interpret this schematic regarding switches that make the score motor run?

BD Schematic 1 (resized).jpgBD Schematic 2 (resized).jpgBD Schematic 3 (resized).jpgBD Schematic 4 (resized).jpgBD Schematic 5 (resized).jpg
#2 5 months ago
Quoted from MikeO:

how to interpret this schematic regarding switches that make the score motor run?

Here's most of it. There's another wire that runs off the edge of one of your pics. If you want me to look at that, I'll need to see a high quality scan of the schematic from e.g. Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($6)

Pinball (resized).png
#3 5 months ago

Thank you, Howard, for those highlights. Now I see it. I don't know why I was blind to it.

The 50 point relay also can make it run. I've already scrutinized everything noted there except for the eject relay and will chase that tonight.

The stray line goes to the make/break switch on the reset relay shown in the image above the one you highlighted. I've already confirmed that switch functions properly.

#4 5 months ago

Turns out the core in the motor was not releasing. As the cam got to the detent to drop out the motor run switch the rotor had enough momentum to push the motor past the detent and reengage the motor run switch. It was effectively a perpetual motion machine. I cleaned the grease out between the core and rotor and spindle and it is good as new.

Now I’m struggling through inconsistent jones plug connections. I’ll post this issue separately if I don’t find a solution.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charleston, WV
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 8.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Various Other Swag
Shoot Again Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 72.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 18.00
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 65.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside