Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by htroberts
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Any chance of adding MMR to the database? They are shipping now; plenty of people with unboxing posts.

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Any chance of adding MMR to the database?

I doubt it. Pinside still doesn't recognize Chicago Gaming as a pinball manufacturer.

#3 9 years ago

I think it should be added under the PPS name at least? After all it is their brainchild. I bet it will be a sellout soon as far as LE. The games look nice!

Rob

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

I think it should be added under the PPS name at least?

Better yet, PPS should be removed from the list of game manufacturers in the forum and replaced with Chicago Gaming. Wouldn't that be correct? As far as I know PPS is a parts vendor not a machine builder.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Better yet, PPS should be removed from the list of game manufacturers in the forum and replaced with Chicago Gaming. Wouldn't that be correct? As far as I know PPS is a parts vendor not a machine builder.

Yes I can see that side of this also.

1 month later
#8 8 years ago

Top.

We need a way to link to, search for, and reference MMR. Lumping it with MM original is not sufficient for these purposes, especially if you're looking for tech help, since the internals are completely different.

We need a way to put it in our collections and our ads, in a way that distinguishes it from the original MM. I'm sure owners of the originals and of the remakes will both want to make this distinction.

Ideally, MM and MMR would remain grouped as one game in the "top 100" rankings since an MM and an MMR play identically. (Certainly you could find more variance between an unrestored MM and a restored MM than between a restored MM and a MMR)

11 months later
#9 7 years ago

I'd like to 'upvote' this topic. I think an approach, although it might not be the easiest, would be to list 'editions' of machines--make it a sub- under the machine name.

I would use this information for MM--I have an original, but would put the remake on my wishlist. Also for Taxi (Marilyn vs Lola), Hobbit, and WOz--I'd like to wishlist a ruby edition. There must be others, but these are the ones that come to mind as useful to me.

Of course, there will be disagreement on how to use it--is a late-production TAF with gold trim an 'edition' of TAF or a TAFG? (I think the former). Or is a TAFG an edition of a TAF? Not having either, I don't really have enough information to form an opinion here...

And manufacturers may abuse the idea of editions--seventeen limited editions don't really make a title rare or valuable...

Still, I think it's worth consideration.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/req-medieval-madness-remake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.