Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 158 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Chrisbee
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cuckoo_clock_2.gif
    ass.gif
    surprise.gif
    burn_them.jpg
    image-156.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Bondetall doesnt need to have that hate directed towards her, that type of junk never should be on the forum.

Ok, what did I miss? Do I have another Youtube video dedicated to me?

#48 9 years ago

Yeah, I'm going to need someone to find me some crazy repellent please. Then I'm going to douse myself in it and make a perimeter around Pinside.

#61 9 years ago

Yeah, my wife sure needs to calm the heck down. I'm going to have a serious talk with her about it just as soon as I get home.

#93 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Question is, why is he STILL posting...

I was just letting Robin get whatever he needed, and honestly it was easier to have him posting under one name that just coming right back under yet another name with more insults. And, even though I am his flavor of choice, I have actually not even gotten the chance to ban him yet because everyone else beats me to the punch.

Plus I was busy getting a sex change.

#101 9 years ago

I'm not signing up to cavity search anyone. Although a sanity test would be nice. Most people on here are wonderful nice people that I'd love to meet in real life and play pinball with. But on the very rare occasions I actually act like a moderator and ban vote someone, they tend to go full-on psycho and target me. I need to be de-magentized or something.

The spam posts are getting numerous, but they don't really bother me because it's just a few clicks to get rid of them for the time being. And if I was a newbie signing up (which I was not too very long ago) then I probably wouldn't join if there was a long wait period, mandatory donation, DNA swab, etc. And lately people have been jumping on the newbies as if they are trolls just because we've been getting so many trolls, which is also probably running them off and sending the wrong message. I know it's hard to not be cautious, cynical, and judgemental when a new person comes on with a question or topic that we've already beaten to death, but let's all try to be nice to the new guys, make them feel welcome, and ignore/report the ones that are indeed trolls.

#109 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dude90s:

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion..I just find it odd that a woman would spend so much of her time on a forum ( pinball ) thats all!
    Personally i think, your all sweettalking to a guy ( most likely her husband ) but thats my 2 cents.

Nah, my husband is on here too, and he's not nearly as nice as I am. He's a smart ass, I'm sassy but try to stay relatively classy.

Also, why is it odd that a woman would spend time on a pinball forum? I guess it's also odd that I know how to completely shop a pin out and prefer working on them to playing them. Since you've been around 8 hours and posted in a whopping 6 threads, I don't know how you've already found my army of brown-nosers, but you should also keep a lookout for the women here. There's at least 10 active female posters, all great gals, and all able to hold their own with the guys. Any girl in a male-dominated hobby has to know how to, or doesn't last long around here.

#125 9 years ago

Sigh.

(Hi Quiddity. We should probably actually start a girls club around here, but I'm sure it would end up like this thread.)

#130 9 years ago

We'll start a girl's club soon. But not today. Today is kinda weird, and I'm just about to get off work and go have a life.

Quoted from SealClubber:

Man, I go eat dinner and all hell breaks loose.

It's all yours. I quit for the day.

3 weeks later
    #145 9 years ago

No, ignoring this particular one won't work. Obvious troll accounts aren't always immediately obvious. I baited the "allow women" thread a little to see if he would go off on me, since he just can't help it for some reason. He eventually went off on someone else then created a separate account/thread to tell everyone what he did and tell off the moderators, and when that got closed down he started PMing threats to (at least) me. Despite telling Robin he would stay off the site after being turned into authorities, he is back and creating multiple accounts with an IP-router. He has a few different accounts a few days old here and there, with random posts in random threads. Those are used to jump around to make him seem innocent enough, like a normal new poster would do, so it isn't as immediately obvious as a brand-new-that-day account. He can't eventually help to show his true colors, tell everyone what he is doing because he wants credit for it, and then start telling off mods in a grand meltdown.

#149 9 years ago

Agreed. If nobody engaged them, they would eventually get bored and go away. But not all new and uniformed account members are trolls, and we can't go ignoring or spam banning everyone that has weird questions or that start unusual threads. Most do get ignored until they start popping up on the radar too much and/or having too many reports. A lot does get missed by the mods since there are only about 6 active, but quite a bit does get quietly squashed.

It is hard on the Pinsiders that have been here awhile to not be defensive to new posters because of this, and I know we have lost quite a few new people because of the whole situation. They come in, ask a question that is common knowledge to those on this forum but certainly not to the average person, and then get blasted as a troll and quickly disappear, thinking Pinside is a hateful place. I don't know an easy solution to make us approachable and welcoming to honest new members looking for information and company, yet tough on and ignoring to trolls. I'm certainly willing to listen to anyone's ideas on the matter though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/req-7-day-wait-for-new-accounts-to-be-able-to-post?tu=blondetall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.