(Topic ID: 160727)

Reproduction SS displays that actually look good?

By Otaku

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dzrossi
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s-l225_(resized).jpg
dis079_(resized).jpg
xp-wms11610-w-600x295_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

I like original boards for the most part. Displays and that abomination of a power supply in GTB S1 is the exception.

I got an Xpin display this last black friday special ($150 or so i think it was). That was easy choice over finding a new plasma glass and replacing it the old burned out plasma (its a chore to be done by someone skiledl at PCB rework).

Very happy with the LED blocks Xpin uses. They are pretty close to the plasma look.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

Steven, you are fighting a losing battle with gas displays. They are all going to gas out. If you find replacements, you may find you are disappointed when your replacements fail sooner than you expect.

For this story.....

I bought two pieces of plasma glass from a pinsider or RGPr a while back. When i got them in tested them both and they worked and looked great. I had a glass gas out in my TimeWarp. I throw one of those used by working ones i got. It worked about three hours before it gassed out too! The display heated up a bit after sitting dormant for how knows long, and the seam split open and the gas escaped. Dead......

Can't really fault hte guy i bought the used glass from a time back, it did work, just briefly and there probably wasn't any clue it was going to gas out and work briefly. Just ate that one. The 2nd glass I got is working fine for 6 months or so.

Glass with nipple seals are less likely to have a gas out situation than the ones that are just sandwhiched together sheets of glass (which split open at corners and gas out).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reproduction-ss-displays-that-actually-look-good?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.