• Latest reply 79 days ago by ibis
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190908_125851 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190907_225503 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mitgrad93.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I've finally got time to swap out the original, beat-to-hell playfield on my Earthshaker with the brand new repro from CPR. While I'm restoring it, I was planning on having a local furniture shop repair/re-paint the original cabinet. However...it's in pretty bad shape. I think it might cost more to have it fixed than it would to buy a new reproduction cabinet that I've been seeing online lately.

I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations on who to go with?

Thanks!
-Sonny

#11 4 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for the recommendations!

10 months later
#14 3 years ago

Bumping this thread.
I started engaging with the folks at VirtuaPin a few months ago, but they ended up ghosting me. I tried reaching out to them again a few days ago, but nothing back so far.

SO...I'm looking for recommendations of repro cabinet makers again.

Has anyone had any experience with Let's Play Pinball? http://www.letsplaypinball.com/cabinets.html

#19 3 years ago

I'll post a couple of pics when I can pull it out from the other machines and get a good look at it.

Besides the usual wear & tear, there's a fairly big gouge out of the side. They also drilled holes for the lock bar, which I would want to fill.

I considered doing it myself, but I just don't have the skills (or desire) to do this myself. I'd rather spend the time working on the playfield swap-out.

Plus, for just a little more than what it would cost a local person to patch it up (well, about 2x more), I could have a brand-new cabinet...one without a few layers of bondo, and 40 years of accumulated spilled beer stains in the bottom.

#26 3 years ago

Quick update: Paul from VirtuaPin got back to me yesterday! I'll be sending him my old Earthshaker cabinet to use as a template. I'll post pics (likely sometime around Christmas or later) once I get the cabinet back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mitgrad93.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reproduction-cabinet-maker-recommendation?tu=mitgrad93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.