Stern Trace (resized).JPG
Image (resized).jpeg
2023-04-19_214251 (resized).jpg
Document_2023-04-19_214452 (resized).jpg
apron (resized).JPG
IMG_3119 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221205_122016318 (resized).jpg
1 - Apron (Powder Coated) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mathazar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#787 2 years ago

If we're taking votes - how about Classic Stern (I need Meteor)! Many Bally aprons have repro labels available that we can use in a pinch when refurbing those aprons, but no one is making the old Stern Electronics apron labels anymore. I'd be willing to buy a whole reproduction apron for Meteor if one was available.

2 months later
1 month later
#829 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Guys, Guys. Gals.
Merf and Brenna are retired from making aprons.
Until someone pics up the torch this thread is dead.
Many have tried, few have succeeded.

I think most people in this thread understand this and are just hoping some enterprising, creative and artistic folks will recognize that there's still demand here to tap into. If not an entire reproduction apron, at the very least reproduction decals for those hard-to-find aprons (all early Sterns, '84 EBD with the Bally/Midway logo, etc. etc.) that can be salvaged via sand-blasting and repainting the base color.

2 months later
9 months later
#876 1 year ago

I should've known better than to buy something from Classic Arcades. It's just so frustrating that he takes the time to make a decent looking repro design-wise and the decal itself is good but totally F's up the color. This is what he thinks the Blue in Night Rider should look like. Arrrrghhh!!!

IMG_2860 (resized).jpgIMG_2860 (resized).jpg
#877 1 year ago

Well this is ironic - I just stumbled across a Classic Arcades eBay posting for a Bally Black Jack apron decal set that looks a lot closer to the actual Night Rider BLUE vs. the Powder Blue he's using for his Night Rider decal set. So he has the ability to print the darker blues. I reached out to Jeff to see if he'd exchange.

IMG_2860b (resized).jpgIMG_2860b (resized).jpgIMG_2860c (resized).jpgIMG_2860c (resized).jpg
#880 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

He is just as likely to call you an asshole before blocking you.

I got a short one sentence reply from Jeff this morning: "I will send you a Black Jack".

Here's hoping he follows through. If he does, I've gotta give him a thumbs up on this particular transaction.

1 week later
#889 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I got a short one sentence reply from Jeff this morning: "I will send you a Black Jack". Here's hoping he follows through. If he does, I've gotta give him a thumbs up on this particular transaction.

Quoted from jj44114:

Good luck. Heard that before and he never sent anything.

There's hope! Jeff sent me a tracking number this morning!

#891 1 year ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

I need classic Stern 'Stars' apron and shooter gauge decals. I don't want them from Pennsylvania. Is there such a thing ?

I've been looking for a classic stern apron decal set (for Meteor) for over a year. No luck yet.

#895 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I can cut you one when I do another batch, be a few weeks though at best.

That would be fantastic, @gdonovan, thank you in advance. I've waited this long so a few more weeks (or months) is no big deal.

If you're custom making them, this may be an opportunity to make it really fit my restoration color theme. My apron and shooting gauge are powder coated black (should've wiped the finger prints off before taking the photo):
1 - Apron (Powder Coated) (resized).jpg1 - Apron (Powder Coated) (resized).jpg

Here they are in the pin:
11 (resized).JPG11 (resized).JPG
15 (resized).JPG15 (resized).JPG

Here's a pic before media blasting and powder coating. Would LOVE to change the OEM orange to red on both pieces if you could:
0 - Apron - Meteor (Original) (resized).jpg0 - Apron - Meteor (Original) (resized).jpg

#902 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

There's hope! Jeff sent me a tracking number this morning!

Got the free "Black Jack" apron decal set (on the left) from Jeff today to replace his Night Rider (on the right) - it's not an exact match, but it's certainly closer to the original vs. the pale blue he has on his Night Rider apron decal set. Close enough - I'll use it.

One other thing I just noticed - his Night Rider shooter gauge has a pale blue dot at the bottom of the gauge vs. the red dot on his Black Jack shooter gauge (which matches the red dot on the original Night Rider apron!).

IMG_3119 (resized).jpgIMG_3119 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#923 11 months ago

Wow - that's nice. I wish I had a FG to put it in.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mathazar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reproduction-bally-aprons?tu=mathazar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.