Stern Trace (resized).JPG
Image (resized).jpeg
2023-04-19_214251 (resized).jpg
Document_2023-04-19_214452 (resized).jpg
apron (resized).JPG
IMG_3119 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221205_122016318 (resized).jpg
1 - Apron (Powder Coated) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gatecrasher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#717 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Anyone else looking for the KISS (Bally) aprons to be reproduced now that CPR came out with the playfields?

Yep.

1 year later
#751 3 years ago

You know I had the apron all drawn in CAD a few years ago ready to start the ball rolling on manufacturing these. I approached the owner of the copyrighted artwork. Then it was announced on Pinside that someone else was going to make these so I backed off. I don't want to invest a bunch of money on tooling just to compete in a niche' market. Plus I don't really make much money at manufacturing repop pinball parts. It's a hobby to me.

Well it looks like I should have went ahead and made these myself if the production has stopped for some reason with tons of buyers looking for them.

I need a Fathom apron for a current project!

#758 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Go for it. Nobody is stopping you.
Planetary pinball has all remaining stock, including Fathom. While you're there, you can inquire about getting a license to make aprons.
Best of luck to you.

You don't need a license to make the aprons or any other parts that do not include any copyrighted artwork.

#761 3 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

I think most post 70’s aprons, including EBD, Fathom and TAF have copyrighted content such as the Bally name logo. You can be sure PPS will enforce it.

You can make all the aprons you want as long as you don't decorate them with copyrighted artwork.

11 months later
#794 2 years ago

Now you can see why I won't waste my time making aprons. Too many people claiming they are going to make them but they never follow-through and leave everyone hanging. I wanted to buy some of them myself but I never could. There was always some excuse. Pretty lame.

I definitely won't be holding my breath waiting for PPS to ever follow through on anything they say. All talk no action.

4 weeks later
#817 2 years ago
Quoted from prenfrow01:

Does anyone know if Eight Ball Deluxe repro aprons are available anywhere?

Some that are actually the correct color this time would be nice too. I'd buy at least one.

3 months later
#859 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I created this forum with a list of sites that sell apron decals. I believe that PPS and Marcos are buying their decals from Classic Arcades (EBay seller), and some European sites as well. Make sure to look closely at the colors as some people have issues with the Classic Arcades overlays and decal colors.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apron-decal-options

Yeah like the EBD apron decal for sale above. If you are going to all the trouble of making the freakin' decals you should at least get the colors right. And right means the way the real machine is.. not some obscure prototype wet dream from a flyer that never existed in the real world. That's the reason the EBD repop aprons sucked too. All that work just to screw the pooch on the colors.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gatecrasher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reproduction-bally-aprons?tu=gatecrasher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.