Stern Trace (resized).JPG
Image (resized).jpeg
2023-04-19_214251 (resized).jpg
Document_2023-04-19_214452 (resized).jpg
apron (resized).JPG
IMG_3119 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221205_122016318 (resized).jpg
1 - Apron (Powder Coated) (resized).jpg
There are 931 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 19.
#102 7 years ago

Fathom, maybe requested before.
But Bump for Fathom.

#103 7 years ago

Send me a PM with your name, address and PayPal email for the preorder list.

#104 7 years ago

Production is starting soon! Get your preorders in.

#105 7 years ago

Sort of related, but I looked at my Playboy project apron last night and it's faded to near white. Here's hoping you do the Playboy and KISS style in the future, if these work out. Thanks again for taking this on!

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from Joey_N:

Playboy and KISS

Yup, I went through the thread and wrote down all the people and titles that they were of interest
I have you down for both playboy and KISS.

#107 7 years ago

OK. Its been two weeks. As promised, production (for Xenon, Flash Gordon, Silverball Mania, Skateball) starts Today!!!
We are going to try meeting the 1.5 month timing to ship these out as promised. It is our best estimate for timing.
No invoices for payment will be sent out until they are ready to go.

There are still a few openings on the preorder list, so if you would like to get in on a new apron & shooter; get your request in!

#108 7 years ago

Also, so everyone is aware: The next two that are being made for sure are... EBD and Fathom.

Before anyone asks. I am aware there is more than one EBD
1980 = standard EBD = Cream with yellow stripe apron
1982 = EBD LE = Black with red stripe apron
1984 = EBD classic = Black with red strip apron - This is a Bally-Midway apron, therefore not the same screen as the other 2; so it won't be made in this production run.

So, for those that want an EBD, I will need to know which one you have: Standard or LE.

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

What about a TAF apron?

I couldn't agree more!! The artwork on these is very sensitive to any kind of cleaning, unlike so many other Williams/Bally games.

Matt would sell a ton.

#111 7 years ago

What about a TAF apron?

I reproduced the artwork for Merf's and sent it to him a while ago. Like around the time when the TOTAN apron was underway. I know he's got it and I'm sure there are issues with licensing and whatever else through PPS. Every time I mention a new TAF apron, I get a PM from PPS it seems, so I don't know where everything is as far as rights and licensing. But I do know that a replacement TAF apron is badly needed as it seems B/W used a Sharpie to apply the graphics on these aprons since they are so easily damaged by any number of cleaning agents.

I even did a full color, full featured one that I sent them as well, as a premium option or just to have something different, something nicer than factory but still retaining that factory look.

Apron-FullArtwork-1 (resized).jpgApron-FullArtwork-1 (resized).jpg
Apron-FullArtwork-2 (resized).jpgApron-FullArtwork-2 (resized).jpg

#112 7 years ago

What about a TAF apron?

What about it? Matt and I discussed a custom design idea with rose vines briefly...

But, lets focus here. Early Bally! Yay

#113 7 years ago

What about a TAF apron?

With 20,000 games sold, I imagine that 1000 aprons at $150 to $200 each would sell in a day.
Call Rick at PPS and make him an offer. I think there's more than enough money all around to make it happen.
Of course I could also be just dreaming....

#114 7 years ago

ok, ok... I'll talk to Matt!
I suppose it's up to him and Rick to make it happen. I don't know about other licences...

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

ok, ok... I'll talk to Matt!
I suppose it's up to him and Rick to make it happen. I don't know about other licences...

Matt has my number. Tell him to call me. This one NEEDS to happen.

#116 7 years ago

I'd buy one and I don't even own taf. I plan on getting one in the future though.

#117 7 years ago

Considering the high production counts I'm sure Mata Hari, Freedom, and Old Chicago would sell through. I might be interested in one of each... need to verify for sure.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Considering the high production counts I'm sure Mata Hari, Freedom, and Old Chicago would sell through. I might be interested in one of each... need to verify for sure.

Indeed, as stated before, the pinks on the Old Chicago aprons fade so badly......

#120 7 years ago

I need an original EBD apron. Please add me to the list for that.

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from ts4z:

Please add me to the list

I need a PM with your name, address and paypal email.

#122 7 years ago

Matt is checking into how to make the Addams Family happen.
I'm told there are complexities with the license.

#123 7 years ago

Over the years, I've heard many reasons for this. The most popular one has been issues with Raul Julia's estate/lawyers. Could be anything these days, really.

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Over the years, I've heard many reasons for this. The most popular one has been issues with Raul Julia's estate/lawyers. Could be anything these days, really.

Would that still be the case if he's not involved on the apron...no actors on the apron, so not sure why they have a claim here.

#125 7 years ago

Hotdoggin would be on my list. But of course I have a title that's quite rare and not terribly desirable haha

#126 7 years ago

License for Addams would only be "who owns the movie rights now". No characters likeness involved. Paramount we clearly see on our head box, sold off in 2002.
So who owns it now? Rick at PPS would know the answer.

#127 7 years ago

Re TAF, if CPR is running the playfield then probably PPS has the answer to who owns the rights

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Re TAF, if CPR is running the playfield then probably PPS has the answer to who owns the rights

CPR/PPS is running the remainder of the allotment licensed under the original IPB agreement with Paramount, et al, to remake playfields years ago. In plainer english and using random numbers only as an example: IPB got the ok from the TAF rights/license holders to remake 1000 playfields. They only ended up producing 726, so since PPS acquired IPB and all of its belongings and holdings, under that original agreement, they still have the right to produce 274 TAF reproduction playfields, which they are.

Also, with respect to the apron, it may not be so stated in the contracts of the actors and/or production companies that ONLY those items that contain an actor's likeness require any legal approval by said actors. Sometimes actors sign movie deals that include a certain percentage of the movie's revenue from memorabilia, toys, and any retail store items associated with the movie. It's a way for the movie house to pay the actors less up front and get them to do the movie. An apron for a pinball machine with the specific logo that associates it with that particular movie falls into that category. There's a very good chance that one of the main actors signed a contract that gets them a piece of the pie even this many years after the movie was released, and that could be one of the many various things that holds up reproduction of TAF parts with logos and images on them.

#129 7 years ago

Thanks for the input on TAF aprons!
I will post when I have more information.

1 week later
#130 7 years ago

I'm in for an Elektra. But would love to get a Data East Playboy 35th with silver accents instead of gold to go along with the mirrored after market plastics I have on my machine. That would be cool!!

#131 7 years ago

There's still time to get your name in for these as we make them.. keep the requests coming!

#132 7 years ago

EBD 84 ... patiently waiting.

#133 7 years ago

Morning bump!

#134 7 years ago

Would love to see a Dungeons & Dragons apron retro done!

3 weeks later
#136 7 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

OK. Its been two weeks. As promised, production (for Xenon, Flash Gordon, Silverball Mania, Skateball) starts Today!!!
We are going to try meeting the 1.5 month timing to ship these out as promised. It is our best estimate for timing.
No invoices for payment will be sent out until they are ready to go.
There are still a few openings on the preorder list, so if you would like to get in on a new apron & shooter; get your request in!

How are things coming?

#137 7 years ago

Is Fireball possible (original 1972)?

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

How are things coming?

Things are still progressing. Tooling to stamp the metal is being built now. This part takes the longest.
We took our best guess at timing for this first run. I will post updates as I have them.

#139 7 years ago

The EM version has a completely different apron than the one we're currently doing.
That would require new tooling and new screens.
So, I don't see this in the near future.

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Things are still progressing. Tooling to stamp the metal is being built now. This part takes the longest.
We took our best guess at timing for this first run. I will post updates as I have them.

Perfect. Glad to hear things are moving along. Can't wait. Thanks for the update.

1 week later
#141 7 years ago

PM sent for EBD 1980 light colored version. Lift out back glass bad cowboy version.
Thank You
Happy Holidays
Andy

2 weeks later
#142 7 years ago

Progress still being made. Tooling for the metal work is in process now.
This takes the longest, due to being the first run.
Once tooling is complete, it will be much faster to stamp, powder coat and screen in future runs for aprons of the same type.
Please be patient. I will post more information as it becomes available.

2 weeks later
#143 7 years ago

how much do I need to bribe you to screen off a viking for me in advance/ prior to MGC?

I have the paint color for the base I want to use and could prep and get it all set. WOuld just need the pin stripping and text screened on it.

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

how much do I need to bribe you to screen off a viking

PM sent.

#145 7 years ago

To all: Tooling is complete.
Metal is being formed now.

I will post when it moves to powder coat, then screening, then those that preordered will receive a paypal invoice.

I realize this is taking longer than anticipated... Matt has had quite a few life changes recently: Finished dental school, New job, New baby. These all pull time away.

Remember, we are collectors just like you, that like nice games. But, we have day jobs.

#146 7 years ago

Waiting on Future Spa aprons.

#147 7 years ago

Brenna all good things take time , looking forward to seeing the finished product .

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Waiting on Future Spa aprons.

Waiting on TAF aprons

#149 7 years ago

dafuq.... get out of here! Game is 13 years newer, and there were over FOURTEEN THOUSAND more of them built. =|

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

dafuq.... get out of here! Game is 13 years newer, and there were over FOURTEEN THOUSAND more of them built. =|

This is very true, but, if you breathe on a TAF apron the vapor will probably lift the paint and destroy it.
They absolutely cant be cleaned with any normal methods.

So, they all need to be replaced or at least repainted and screened. Call it a factory defect that needs a recall if you will.

There are 931 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reproduction-bally-aprons/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.